Wants opinions on where to sell PS2 (original) and games.

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • Ailira 4 Mar 2011 00:56:23 13 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hi

I wanna sell my original black PS2 and games.
    Not sure on prices at Game, Gamestation, Grainger Games or CEX

List

PS2 Orignal - black (Front of CD Tray missing. Works fine.)

Note: Reason front of CD tray is missing, is I used to use Swap Magic, and it was to get the tray to open. Games still run good on PS2.

x1 memory card
    x1 controller

PS2 Games I want to sell:

Avatar The Legend of Aang (Everything. Works fine.)
    Soul Calibur II (Everything. Works Fine.)
    The Getaway (Everything. Works Fine)
    Yu Yu Hakusho (Everything. Works fine)
    Dragonball Z Budokai (Manual missing. Has case. Disc works fine.)
    Haven: Call of the King (Everything. Works fine)
    Summoner II (Everything. Works fine.)
    Crimson Tears (Everything. works fine)

May consider selling:

Onimusha 1 (Everything. Works fine)
    Onimusha 2 (Everything. Works fine)
    Onimusha 3 (Everything. Works fine)
    Devil May Cry 1 (Everything. Works fine)
    Dveil May Cry 2 (Everything. Works fine)
    Devil May Cry 3 (Everything. Works fine.)
    Jak and Daxter (Everything. Works fine)
    Jak 2 (Everythig. Works fine)
    Jak 3 (Everything. Works fine)
    Okami (Only Disc. Works fine)
    Final Fantasy X (Everything. Works fine)
    Final Fantasy X-2 (Everything. Works fine)
    Dark Cloud (Everything. Works fine)
    Kingdom Hearts (Everything. Works fine)
    Prince of Persia: The Two Towers (Everything. Works fine)
    Dragon Quest 8: Journey of the Cursed King (I think thats what its called.) (Everything. Works fine)
    Inu Yasha: Secret of the Cursed Mask (American - NTSC only!!) (Everything. Works fine. Cover on case slightly damaged.)

Um... thats it so far. Not sure what to do or how to go about it. If I go private havnt a clue what to sell for.

Need the cash, as living independtly now and a little low on funds.

Get back to me asap.

Kaylee
  • Deleted user 4 March 2011 00:58:01
    SELL IT ALL FOR DRUGS AND SMOKE A HAMSTER TO THE MOON
  • Jazzy_Geoff 4 Mar 2011 00:58:21 7,767 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    "get back to me asap"

• Ailira 4 Mar 2011 01:03:46 13 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'd like serious answers please. Do need the cash, that and I hardly play it anymore.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 4 Mar 2011 01:07:34 7,767 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    serious answer - you'll get fuck all
  • yupyup 4 Mar 2011 01:09:06 3,669 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Definitely enough trade-in credit to get Fifa: Road to the World Cup.

Hands Off Our Penises

• Ailira 4 Mar 2011 01:12:17 13 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    At CEX I am going to trade in some films and anime aswell. So that'll add to it.
    Just want to know where is the best place to trade in PS2 and games. Out of the stores I have mentioned.
  • Ailira 4 Mar 2011 01:13:22 13 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    yupyup wrote:
    Definitely enough trade-in credit to get Fifa: Road to the World Cup.

Don't play those games. How much is that worth?
  • Ailira 4 Mar 2011 01:18:53 13 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm not after loads of cash. I'm hope PS2, Games will get a little bit. Then Anime, films get a bit more through CEX. I know I ain't looking at 100 that'd be pushing it.
  • BillMurray 4 Mar 2011 01:19:23 7,235 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    30p
  • Ailira 4 Mar 2011 01:25:34 13 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:
    30p

According to CEX I'll get a fair bit more than 30p. >>

Can someone atleast be helpful instead of putting sarky comments, please?
  • LionheartDJH 4 Mar 2011 01:38:15 19,295 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:

She dives for cheese pasties

• Ailira 4 Mar 2011 01:42:04 13 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:

As I said works out I'll prob get 50-60, for games and anime. Then 25-30 for PS2. According to CEXs website.
    All I want to know is the other stores offers for the games and ps2.
  • Ailira 4 Mar 2011 01:44:03 13 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted
  • LionheartDJH 4 Mar 2011 01:49:01 19,295 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You're quite persistent aren't you? I don't think Game, Gamestation et. al. even bother with PS2 trades anymore, and even if they do I don't believe they take the big original ones as they're too old and worth hardly anything these days, even ones in perfect nick. They'll give you next to nothing for your games, because frankly hardly anybody buys PS2 stuff these days. If you can really get 90 for that junk at CEX then bite their hand off for it. Don't be surprised if they only offer you exchange though, I doubt they'd like to part with the cash for that stuff.

• Ailira 4 Mar 2011 02:05:31 13 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Exchange they give a bit more. But says on there site when ive searched on sell to cex that theyll give so much for each one.
  • Ailira 4 Mar 2011 02:06:13 13 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Tryin to think of things i can sell etc. to help possibly save for a 3DS. Maybe
  • Ailira 4 Mar 2011 02:08:55 13 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    You're quite persistent aren't you? I don't think Game, Gamestation et. al. even bother with PS2 trades anymore, and even if they do I don't believe they take the big original ones as they're too old and worth hardly anything these days, even ones in perfect nick. They'll give you next to nothing for your games, because frankly hardly anybody buys PS2 stuff these days. If you can really get 90 for that junk at CEX then bite their hand off for it. Don't be surprised if they only offer you exchange though, I doubt they'd like to part with the cash for that stuff.

I'll admit most of it is junk, like some games I've barely touched. But there are a few that are close to my heart. I need to free space and things etc. etc. and just don't have time for much gaming anymore.
  • Ailira 4 Mar 2011 02:18:46 13 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:

Yeah sorry can't help it. Thats my Autism showing Xx lol.
  • LionheartDJH 4 Mar 2011 02:26:09 19,295 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ailira wrote:
    Exchange they give a bit more. But says on there site when ive searched on sell to cex that theyll give so much for each one.

Yep I know, but once you get to the store it's entirely up to them whether they'll offer you the cash or not, which is what I was saying. I'm not saying they won't buy it off you, but if they're low on cash they're unlikely to want to give some out to buy an old console which they may find difficult to sell on.

• Ailira 4 Mar 2011 04:00:17 13 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    Ailira wrote:

Yep I know, but once you get to the store it's entirely up to them whether they'll offer you the cash or not, which is what I was saying. I'm not saying they won't buy it off you, but if they're low on cash they're unlikely to want to give some out to buy an old console which they may find difficult to sell on.

Well I'll check em out and see what happens. Best bet I think.

Friend of mine is gonna buy my jak games and dark cloud, altogether for 35, he loves the jak games and, dark cloud is rare to find so im getting into a profit there. He's a bit mad. lol
  • Trent_Steel 4 Mar 2011 14:52:32 124 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    As there's a bit missing from the PS2, you'll get absolutely nothing.

I'd try punting the games on Ebay individually. As long as you put the starting bid at 99p or below listings should be free. It could take a while to get rid of them all but you'll get more money, still not much though.
  • Cappy 4 Mar 2011 15:05:40 11,704 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Serious answer, for the best return sell off the more saleable items on eBay. It's a little more work but a significantly greater return.

Checking through completed eBay listings you should be able to separate out all the games that won't sell because they're not in demand. For the ones that are a real dead loss either charity shop them or try and sell them in a bundle.

It depends on how much work you want to put in, I'd say it will take about 5-20 minutes to make a eBay listing depending on whether you include a picture etc.
  • Trent_Steel 4 Mar 2011 15:59:20 124 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Was actually considering Ebay for the PS2, GC and PS3 titles I know I'll never play again, was surprised by the results when I looked up what was in demand.

No demand at all for Silent Hill 3 or 4, which I was sure would have some sort of following, but Lego Star Wars Complete Trilogy seems to go for the best part of 20 quid!
  • Cappy 4 Mar 2011 16:06:49 11,704 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Silent Hill games have dropped a little recently.

Before Homecoming was released, Silent Hill 3 and 4 were easily converted into 10-15 each. Nowadays you'd be looking at more like 5-7

I suspect a slew of unpopular releases drags down the perceived value of an entire series, Final Fantasy XIII seems to have devalued the Final Fantasy series in a similar fashion.
  • LionheartDJH 4 Mar 2011 18:34:42 19,295 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not so sure about that Cappy, the PC versions of VII and VIII are still going for the price of a new released game and above. I've been after them for a while but can't really justify spending that much on them.

• redcrayon 5 Mar 2011 07:34:14 4,534 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hey Cappy, isn't the PSN/DS release of the older FF games a reason as well?
  • dutchspeededup 5 Mar 2011 09:29:21 4,368 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ailira wrote:

List

PS2 Orignal - black (Front of CD Tray missing. Works fine.) You'll get next to nothing for this since it's damaged I'm afraid.

As a general note, since you'll really be aiming for collectors etc, disc only or damaged games are not going, in all likelihood, to sell for much if at all.

Take into account listing fees, final value selling fees, paypal fees and P&P costs when deciding to Ebay. There's a threshold, below which, it really isn't worth it.

x1 memory card
    x1 controller

PS2 Games I want to sell: Some of these are worthless. I suggest you search each one on Ebay and see what is selling for 5+. Separate those out and sell them individually. The rest you may as well keep, or attempt to sell in a bundle with the PS2. Don't expect much though.

Avatar The Legend of Aang (Everything. Works fine.)
    Soul Calibur II (Everything. Works Fine.)
    The Getaway (Everything. Works Fine)
    Yu Yu Hakusho (Everything. Works fine)
    Dragonball Z Budokai (Manual missing. Has case. Disc works fine.)
    Haven: Call of the King (Everything. Works fine)
    Summoner II (Everything. Works fine.)
    Crimson Tears (Everything. works fine)

May consider selling:

Onimusha 1 (Everything. Works fine)
    Onimusha 2 (Everything. Works fine)
    Onimusha 3 (Everything. Works fine)
    Devil May Cry 1 (Everything. Works fine)
    Dveil May Cry 2 (Everything. Works fine)
    Devil May Cry 3 (Everything. Works fine.)
    Jak and Daxter (Everything. Works fine)
    Jak 2 (Everythig. Works fine)
    Jak 3 (Everything. Works fine)
    Okami (Only Disc. Works fine)
    Final Fantasy X (Everything. Works fine)
    Final Fantasy X-2 (Everything. Works fine)
    Dark Cloud (Everything. Works fine)
    Kingdom Hearts (Everything. Works fine)
    Prince of Persia: The Two Towers (Everything. Works fine)
    Dragon Quest 8: Journey of the Cursed King (I think thats what its called.) (Everything. Works fine)
    Inu Yasha: Secret of the Cursed Mask (American - NTSC only!!) (Everything. Works fine. Cover on case slightly damaged.)
  • Cappy 5 Mar 2011 09:48:37 11,704 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    Not so sure about that Cappy, the PC versions of VII and VIII are still going for the price of a new released game and above. I've been after them for a while but can't really justify spending that much on them.

The PC versions were always genuinely scarce. The PS1 games weren't really rare at all, still demand pushed up the price on Final Fantasy VII to 30+, it started to drop off and finally crashed after Final Fantasy XIII, now Final Fantasy VII gets you about 7-8.

Over the last two years I sold off nearly all the PAL games in my collection which was mostly RPGs, Final Fantasy games are definitely getting harder and harder to shift, now I'm waiting for the bounce back so I can shift my copy of the abysmal Final Fantasy X-2.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous