Recommend me some games.

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • gareth886 3 Mar 2011 22:11:51 2,841 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've just re-bought myself a PS3 here in Australia after wandering around the world for a bit. The last game I played properly was Uncharted 2 in Christmas 2009.

What games that have came out in the last 14 or so months would you recommend? I love Uncharted style games, as well as Assassins Creed. I'm partial to the odd FPS too, and survival horror games.
  • JBlokeUK 3 Mar 2011 22:49:28 2,309 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Demons Souls is brilliant if you can find it. Hadn't seen it here in Australia at all until I saw it pre-owned at EB Games.

MAG is great too and always people on here in Australia. I play this a fair bit too.

My PSN is JBlokeUK if you want to add me, too.

I like it when he's angry.

• Deleted user 3 March 2011 22:55:02
    I refuse to buy a PS3 again, as I know I'd just end up playing 'MLB The Show' constantly, to the detriment of all other games.
  • mcmothercruncher 3 Mar 2011 22:58:45 6,381 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Defo Demon's Souls, possibly the console's best game.
    Or Uncharted II, possibly the console's best game.
  • gareth886 3 Mar 2011 23:37:35 2,841 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JBlokeUK wrote:
    Demons Souls is brilliant if you can find it. Hadn't seen it here in Australia at all until I saw it pre-owned at EB Games.

MAG is great too and always people on here in Australia. I play this a fair bit too.

My PSN is JBlokeUK if you want to add me, too.

I haven't got access to PSN yet as there is no internet connection where I'm currently living. I'm currently seeking sponsorship to be able to stay in Australia. If I can't find any before April I'm going to have to go farming somewhere to get my 2nd year Visa, hence why I can't move anywhere with a long lease at the minute.

I've currently ordered Assassins Creed: Brotherhood from Zavvi in the UK (games are so expensive here). Do you think I could skip straight to this one without having played AC 2?
  • king26 3 Mar 2011 23:53:13 546 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not online? In that case:
    God of war Collection and 3, Uncharted 1 and 2, Batman Arkham Asylum and Red Dead Redemption ...All amazing single player action/adventure games
    I find the AC games to be overrated
  • Deleted user 4 March 2011 00:02:07
    Heavy Rain, CoD4, GTA EFLC, GoW3 and GoW collection
  • gareth886 4 Mar 2011 00:10:27 2,841 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My list is growing, thanks to your suggestions. I've definitely my eye on the GOW collection. I spent 4 months working in Vietnam and used to sneak into PS3 cafes to have a quick spin on the GOW Collection. The Vietnamese love the PS3, the gaming cafes are alway packed with young Viets playing GOW and Pro Evo.
  • King_Edward 4 Mar 2011 00:14:25 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time - Prefered it to Uncharted 2 myself.
  • redcrayon 4 Mar 2011 07:18:46 4,544 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If you don't have it already, the Borderlands GOTY edition is pretty good.
  • Kangoo 4 Mar 2011 08:37:17 1,015 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Maybe have a look at Mass Effect 2, great game and will take ages to get through. You should have a look at blahdvd.co.uk as well as they used to charge 1 delivery but knock off the vat. Games are ridiculously dear compared to what you can get back here and prices take ages to drop as well.

PSN: Adwab2

• JoeGBallad 4 Mar 2011 16:42:20 383 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    PS3 has no region-locking, which gives you access to the great arcade racing game ever (that isn't Ridge Racer, obviously): Initial D Extreme Stage.

It's a racing game that strips everything down to bare essentials: nothing but one-on-one races down mountain courses, and addictive time-trial and online modes. There's some basic tuning in it as well, but it's so simple that you can easily follow it even though all the menus are Japanese.

If you aren't utterly disgusted by me please check out my videogames show at:

www.youtube.com/BitSocket

• mcmothercruncher 4 Mar 2011 18:42:17 6,381 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Did anyone mention Demon's Souls yet?

Don't let the fact it isn't from a big name studio put you off- it's way better than 99% of the shite said studios regularly put out. As a PS3 owner you need to play that game in relatively the same way as you need oxygen.
  • Deleted user 4 March 2011 18:47:08
    batman aa. i personally think alongside Uncharted 2, its the console best game.

and yes, you will need to play AC2 before BH. its continues directly from the ending of 2.
  • muttler 23 Jul 2011 08:09:09 3,898 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I call upon the EG Hive Mind to help me choose which game to buy today from this lot!:

Bulletstorm, Castlevania: LOS (liked the demo), Medal of Honor (like sp fps's), Dead Rising 2, Enslaved (is it really good as ppl say?), LBP 2, GTA IV Complete Edition (fancy playing gta again, plus I havent played either dlc yet), TDU 2 (adored TDU 1)

Or I could get the Move starter pack.

• Flying_Pig 23 Jul 2011 08:42:15 10,624 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Of that lot I'd recommend Enslaved and Bulletstorm. But I've only played those two from your list :)

Actually, I've played LBP2 as well, which I adored, but I never feel comfortable recommending. It's a bit Marmite, and unless you're up for the Create side, it's little more than an above average (albeit very charming) platformer
  • redcrayon 23 Jul 2011 09:16:05 4,544 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Castlevania and GTA are the only ones I've played, so seeing as you haven't tried it, always bet on Drac.
  • muttler 23 Jul 2011 09:21:40 3,898 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm not into creating LBP levels, but I really liked LBP1 just for the charming platforming!

I was hoping to be talked out of Bulletstorm or Enslaved :(

Ok, I've narrowed it down to LBP2, GTA Complete or TDU 2. Help!

• Fletche 23 Jul 2011 09:26:24 3,418 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    LBP2 is great fun and pretty endless with some amazing community levels, from your original list I would have said Castlevania, I loved it
  • Flying_Pig 23 Jul 2011 09:27:03 10,624 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah well, in that case you'll enjoy LBP2 - some good improvements over the original, and some amazing community levels!
  • redcrayon 23 Jul 2011 09:27:15 4,544 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    muttler wrote:
    I'm not into creating LBP levels, but I really liked LBP1 just for the charming platforming!

I was hoping to be talked out of Bulletstorm or Enslaved :(

Ok, I've narrowed it down to LBP2, GTA Complete or TDU 2. Help!

Drac is displeased. :D
  • muttler 23 Jul 2011 15:04:35 3,898 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Went for Castlevania in the end. The demo was really good, its cheaper than LBP2 and everyone said to get it.
  • Accordi0n 23 Jul 2011 21:57:07 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Vanquish
    Vanquish
    Vanquish
  • Ahskay 23 Jul 2011 22:22:46 107 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Infamous 1 & 2 / Vanquish / Heavy Rain / Bulletstorm / Killzone 3 / Sly Raccoon HD collection / God of War 3 / Just Cause 2 / Castlevania / Enslaved / Red Dead Redemption / Dirt 3 / Demons Souls / Ratchet & Clank / Motorstorm Apocalypse / ...
  • dominalien 23 Jul 2011 22:33:04 6,802 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    When did this shitty console get so good???

PSN: DonOsito

• redcrayon 24 Jul 2011 00:28:55 4,544 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    muttler wrote:
    Went for Castlevania in the end. The demo was really good, its cheaper than LBP2 and everyone said to get it.

Drac is pleased.

How are you getting on with it, Muttler?
  • muttler 25 Jul 2011 12:24:55 3,898 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's really good isnt it. Combat is satisfying, and I like the atmosphere of the game and Patrick Stewart's voicing is awesome!

The graphics are very good, but the PS3 version does have the jaggies in abundance.

Boss battles are good and epic also.

I like the lead character and his design, it's cool.

Yes I like it, thanks for the recommend!!
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous