This exclusive 3DS pre-launch event

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous
  • Waggy44 28 Jan 2011 18:51:04 7 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So I've registered to go to this event and if I get selected, I'm a little weary about going by myself.

Does anybody know if the tickets include a plus one?

Cheers
  • YenRug 28 Jan 2011 19:49:24 2,108 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    T&C's:

1.The ticket entitles the ticket holder only free entry access to the event. Food & drink, other consumables, accommodation and travel are not included.
    2.This invitation is open to invited guests only, and is non-transferable.
    3.The ticket allows the ticket holder only access to the Nintendo 3DS event. Each invitation is exclusive and for the use of the invited person only.
    4.You must produce a valid ticket to gain entry to the event and have this ticket available for inspection throughout the event. If you get a ticket from an unauthorized source, the ticket will not be valid and admission to the event will not be permitted.
    5.The ticket cannot be photocopied or otherwise reproduced as this immediately leaves the ticket invalid, and admission by the ticketholder will not be permitted.
    6.Ticketholders must be 18 years or over. Nintendo, and the event organisers on behalf of Nintendo, reserve the right to refuse entry to individuals for technical, operational, health and safety or other reasons including over capacity.
    7.Registration for these events will open on Wednesday 26th January 2011. Registration will close on the Wednesday prior to the selected date, or when all places have been allocated.
    8.Tickets will be sent between Wednesday 26th January 2011 and the Thursday prior to the selected date 3rd February for the London and Manchester events and 10th February for Bristol and Glasgow events.
    9.Tickets can not be printed if you have passed your scheduled date and time slot.
    10.All places/spaces are allocated on a first come first served basis.
    11.Nintendo will endeavour to provide you with your selected time slot. If for any reason the event organisers, on behalf of Nintendo, deem it necessary to move your selected time slot, every effort will be made to allocate an alternative time.
    12.Whilst every effort will be made by Nintendo to undertake its obligations once the booking has been confirmed, full performance of it shall be subject to variation or cancellation by Nintendo consequent upon the occurrence of any Act of God, war, strike, adverse weather conditions, riot lock-out or other labour disturbances, fire, flood, restriction on the use of transport fuel or power, requisitioning, shortage of material or transport or labour, any decree of any governmental authority or any other cause beyond the control of Nintendo.
    13.Your details have been entered onto Nintendo's database to be used for this Nintendo 3DS event only and will not be used for any other marketing purposes. Any objection should be registered in writing to the following address: Nintendo UK, The Quadrant, 55-57 High St, Windsor, Berks, SL4 1LP. This is given in order to conform to the Data Protection Act 1984.
    14.Nintendo is not liable for any tickets that are lost or stolen.
    15.You may be refused entry or rejected if, in the reasonable opinion of the event manager on behalf of Nintendo, the presence of the ticket-holder in the Venue might be a risk to the safety of the audience and/or the holder, and/or affect the enjoyment of the audience, and/or the running of the concert (for example: if you are (or appear to be) drunk, under age (where relevant) abusive, threatening, behaving anti-socially, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, decline to be searched or are in the breach of any of these terms & conditions.)
    16.To ensure audience safety, we may conduct security searches from time to time and reserve the right to confiscate any items which may cause danger or disruption to other members of the event.
    17.CCTV and film cameras may be present at the venue. Attending an event signifies ticket holder's consent to the filming and sound recording of themselves as members of the audience without payment or copyright.
    18.The use of cameras, video and recording equipment is permitted at the discretion of Nintendo event staff.
    19.The entire venue is strictly Non Smoking.
    20.The venue will not be responsible for any loss or theft of belongings.
    21.Dogs (except Assistance dogs) are not permitted in the venue.
    22.If you experience a problem please contact a Nintendo steward so that we can resolve the issue at the event.
    23.Please consider our neighbours and leave the event quietly.

FAQ:

Q: Where is the exact location?
    A: All locations will be revealed on your ticket. All locations have been selected based on easy access by public transport.
    Q: What can I do if my preferred time slot is not available?
    A: Whilst Nintendo will endeavour to provide you with your selected time slot, spaces are issued on a first come first served basis, and all time slots will be filled according to demand.
    Q: Can I invite my friends?
    A: Unfortunately not, this event is by invitation only so your ticket allows the ticket holder only access to the Nintendo 3DS event. Each invitation is exclusive and meant for the use of the invited person only.
    Q: What do I need to bring with me?
    A: You must produce a valid ticket and photo ID to gain entry to the event and have these available for inspection throughout the event. If you get a ticket from an unauthorised source, the ticket will not be valid and admission to the event will not be permitted.
    Q: Can a friend take my place if I am unable to attend?
    A: This invitation is open to invited guests only, and is non-transferable.
    Q: Will food and drink be available at the event?
    A: Unfortunately, food, drink and other consumables will not be available at the event.
    Q: Will accommodation and travel be provided?
    A: Unfortunately not, the ticket allows the ticket holder free access to the event only. Accommodation and travel are not included.
    Q: Does the event have an age restriction?
    A: Ticketholders must be 18 years or over. Please bring photo ID with you to the event.
    Q: When can I register?
    A: Registration for these events will open on Wednesday 26th January 2011. Registration will close on the Wednesday prior to the selected date, or when all places have been allocated.
    Q: I have lost my ticket am I able to get another?
    A: If you lose your ticket before the event, you will be able to print another copy. Nintendo is not liable for any tickets that are lost or stolen.
    Q: Who can I contact if I have any further queries?
    A: Please email our support line if you have any further questions - enquiries@trynintendo3ds.co.uk
    Q: Will there be parking at the event?
    A: Unfortunately the events do not have allocated parking, but are located in city centres where there will be nearby parking or public transport.
    Q: Will there be disabled access?
    A: All locations have disabled access.
    Q: What if I turn up late and miss my slot?
    A: Nintendo cannot guarantee entry to the event if you miss your slot time. However, every effort will be made to allocate an alternative time where possible.
    Q: What will my details be used for?
    A: Your details have been entered onto Nintendo's database to be used for this Nintendo 3DS event only and will not be used for any other marketing purposes. Any objection should be registered in writing to the following address: Nintendo UK, The Quadrant, 55-57 High St, Windsor, Berks, SL4 1LP. This is given in order to conform to the Data Protection Act 1984.
    Q. Why are you asking me to log in to Facebook?
    A. Nintendo are asking you to log in to Facebook so that you can automatically tell your friends when you enter the event.
    Q. What does the Facebook app do?
    A. The app will send a Facebook Places update to your Facebook profile when you enter the event. It will not be used for any other purpose.
  • Chopsen 28 Jan 2011 19:57:00 15,834 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can I bring a friend?
    No

Is there food or drink?
    No

Can you just tell me where it is then?
    No

What if I forget my papers?
    You will be shot

Are Nintendo PR a bunch of precious over protective wankers?
    Yes

/has flashback to that qeue at the expo.

Anybody would think they're revealing the Philosopher's Stone. It's all artifice.
  • gylo 28 Jan 2011 20:20:44 24 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If Nintendo want an attendance if healthy, well adjusted people to turn up thy are going about this the wrong way.
  • mal 28 Jan 2011 21:59:31 22,419 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    gylo wrote:
    If Nintendo want an attendance if healthy, well adjusted people to turn up thy are going about this the wrong way.
    Surely they want people who are likely to splash over 200 notes on a kid's toy?

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• neilka 28 Jan 2011 22:02:24 15,831 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mal wrote:
    gylo wrote:
    Surely they want people who are likely to splash over a kid?
    Then they've come to the right site.
  • Waggy44 29 Jan 2011 11:37:02 7 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Do we know what venue in Manchester it's going to be held?
  • megamoon 29 Jan 2011 12:54:56 2 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Does seem stupidly secretive I suppose it builds the hype?! It also seems you get a max of 30 minutes and then your out!

Have an Invitation to the Bristol/Glasgow event (via HMV/Future Publishing) shame is I am in London! If anyone wants to do a swap let me know..
  • mal 29 Jan 2011 13:18:18 22,419 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just got my invite.

Arse, London is fully booked already. Anyone want a Manchester invite, assuming they're swappable?

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Dirtbox 29 Jan 2011 13:21:13 77,656 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, I've got one as well. If anyone wants to go to manc they're welcome to mine.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• redlander 29 Jan 2011 15:24:05 1,039 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    2.This invitation is open to invited guests only, and is non-transferable.

;)
  • neilka 31 Jan 2011 12:23:31 15,831 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've had an invitation from GAME and only five London slots are showing as full, the rest are available.

Incidentally if the invitation URLs were meant to be unique per recipient then they've ballsed it up. Someone naughty could post a link that would let anyone sign up :)
  • convercide 31 Jan 2011 15:09:16 5,978 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm going to one of these. Not this one but I'll be sampling the delights of the 3DS before the general public. Oh yeah. *unzips fly*

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• DFawkes 1 Feb 2011 00:55:42 22,762 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    megamoon wrote:
    Does seem stupidly secretive I suppose it builds the hype?! It also seems you get a max of 30 minutes and then your out!

Have an Invitation to the Bristol/Glasgow event (via HMV/Future Publishing) shame is I am in London! If anyone wants to do a swap let me know..

I'd be up for this. Sad thing is, I actually have an invite from both EG and HMV, but the link on the HMV one didn't work :(

Then when I sent an e-mail to the address they give you if you have problems, they've ignored me, the gits! It's been over a week now, yet nothing from then and I have to be registered by tomorrow. Fucking balls.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• DFawkes 1 Feb 2011 01:43:05 22,762 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Actually I just tried my HMV e-mail again, and it worked \o/

I can still share the link megamoon, but I'm almost certain it won't work - I think it checks to ensure the e-mail address you put for the ticket to be sent to is the same as the one of the addresses they initially sent the invite to. In my desperation, I did try someone elses link from Club Nintendo but that didn't work, the only one that worked was the one sent to me.

• convercide 1 Feb 2011 17:38:35 5,978 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone going to Birmingham? I'm there on Fri.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• ibenam 1 Feb 2011 19:04:50 1,378 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just got my invitation,

Im going to the Manchester event on Saturday.

Never been a huge Nintendo fan so will be interestinng to see what i think about the 3DS!
  • DFawkes 1 Feb 2011 19:07:18 22,762 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Glasgow on Sunday for me. Anyone else? It seems so far we're going to have 1 EGer per event! A good spread, I suppose.

• ProfessorLesser 1 Feb 2011 22:11:14 19,356 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    People've been getting invites left right and centre! Misleading. I only got one from EG and assumed I'd won the competition! Oh well :-(
  • Carlo 1 Feb 2011 22:46:43 17,990 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Got mine for London. Yus!

PSN ID: Djini

• RyanDS 2 Feb 2011 11:41:43 9,165 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bollocks.

Got an email at 17:07 last night inviting me to the event. Decided to say yes today and the deadline was 10am this morning.

They don't exactly give you much time to respond do they?
  • Carlo 2 Feb 2011 12:04:25 17,990 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm not convinced I even want one of these, but I have to go and see it.

PSN ID: Djini

• neilka 2 Feb 2011 12:10:55 15,831 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are the 3DS demo units going to be attached to ladies again, like at E3?

/packs transparent raincoat and axe
  • ibenam 2 Feb 2011 21:37:41 1,378 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just got my 2nd official invitation from nintendo this time!

The Manchester event is at the cube gallery on portland street
  • Deleted user 2 February 2011 21:49:23
    Got an invite for 1pm saturday, not sure I can be arsed to be honest. I'll only want it more.
  • DerekTrousers 2 Feb 2011 22:29:08 9 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    heading over t'pennines sunday lunchtime, hoping to have my currently-not-pre-ordering mind changed.
  • DFawkes 2 Feb 2011 22:35:04 22,762 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Got my Glasgow ticket! At The Lighthouse, apparently. As long as Google Maps wasn't bullshitting me, it should be easy to find.

• Waggy44 2 Feb 2011 22:43:34 7 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ye I got my slot on Saturday in Manchester. My mate got the same slot so should be good fun. Looking forward to it.
  • MaxHughes 3 Feb 2011 00:40:11 447 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got my slot on Saturday in London at Midday. Quite looking forward to seeing this thing perform and what games will be showed off.

XBL: Sp00ner88 Twitter: M_H88

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous