Website with piano background music and a girl with a tattoo on her back

Due in Spring 2011 in Japan

Err...
    Err...

That's it.

(All info taken from NeoGAF)

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Deleted user 28 January 2011 13:24:34
    I'm liking how Nintendo is financing development of a number of late cycle niche Japanese games, whatever it is (bizarre Engrish ftw!). If its out in spring as people have said on neogaf we shouldn't need to wait long.

Its just the ongoing silence from the American and European departments about all these games that is troubling.
  • Deleted user 6 April 2011 04:06:58
    New trailer, including gameplay!
  • Charlie_Miso 6 Apr 2011 04:09:49 1,191 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hack and Slash, that comes out next month? OK then.
  • HiddenAway 6 Apr 2011 12:32:00 15,000 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Following the Nintendo Channel trailer, Famitsu has a blowout on Pandora’s Tower: Until I Return to Your Side. The action RPG is set in the Elysion Kingdom on the continent of Graceia during a harvest festival. Ceres, a 15 year old shrine maiden and devout follower of the Eos faith, was selected to sing for the event, but the second she steps onto the stage beasts suddenly appear.

In the middle of the chaos, Ceres’ close friend Ende finds her unconscious just as she’s about to be taken away. Graiai, a street merchant, guides the two into an isolated tower to escape. They discover Ceres has been cursed with the "Mark of the Beast" and the only way to break the curse is to feed Ceres meat from the beasts within the tower.

Ende is the stalwart protagonist in Pandora’s Tower. He’s 22 years old and was an Athínan soldier when his home country was at war with Elysion. While he usually wields a sword, Graiai hands him the Oreichalkos Chain before he steps into the tower. Ende has to use this chain to defeat beasts within the tower so he can return with meat to delay the effects of the curse. The bottom left of the screen shows the curse timer. While meat from lesser fiends cannot remove Ceres’ curse, it can halt its progress. The game ends if the meter runs out before Ende can deliver meat. Defeating all of the bosses in the twelve towers to save Ceres.

Yes, twelve towers. They’re connected and appear to have different environments. Famitsu mentions a crimson tower with flames that block Ende’s progress. Famitsu notes Pandora’s Tower has gimmicks to restrain beasts and the game has simple to pick up controls with the Wii remote.

Ganbarion, makers of One Piece: Unlimited Cruise and Jump Ultimate Stars, is developing this title for Nintendo. Pandora’s Tower: Until I Return to Your Side is slated for release on May 26 in Japan.

(via Siliconera)

• Deleted user 11 April 2011 18:36:39
    I'm not familiar with the previous games from the studio (anyone played One Piece?) but this looks and sounds pretty damn interesting.

Def on my radar.
  • roz123 11 Apr 2011 19:14:21 7,113 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 20 April 2011 14:46:53
    New Trailer

/Prays for an EU release
  • roz123 20 Apr 2011 16:40:08 7,113 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    looks really good
  • Deleted user 29 April 2011 21:09:59
    Combat Gameplay Montage

It appears that the grapple chain will be an integral part of the core gameplay, used not only in combat, but also in traversing and solving puzzles.

One of my most anticipated games for this year!
  • figaro7 29 Apr 2011 21:34:06 1,385 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Does look bloody good, chances of a PAL release? Probably zero!
  • Jazzy_Geoff 29 Apr 2011 21:50:59 7,782 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pandora's Tower: The Basics
    The spirit of Castlevania lives on.
    US, April 28, 2011

by Richard George
    In order for your friend to survive, she must eat the flesh of foes you slay in towers scattered across a beast-plagued land. Sound grim? That's the concept of Pandora's Tower, the latest Wii exclusive that's coming to Japan next month. With information coming out almost daily, I've gathered the pertinent facts for you to peruse. If you want Pandora's Tower to come to U.S. shores, start telling your friends about it now and get some chatter going.

What is Pandora's Tower?
    The latest Wii exclusive, Pandora's Tower is an action-RPG developed by Ganbarion, the studio responsible for Jump Super Stars as well as a variety of One Piece games. Tower is due out in Japan this May.

What's the story?
    You play as Ende, a warrior whose friend, Ceres, has become cursed by an ancient evil in the realm of Elysium. The only way to stop the curse from turning her into a beast? Strip the flesh from your enemies and feed it to her to keep the plague at bay or, in some cases, help eliminate it. Pretty grim stuff.

How does the game work?
    Pandora's Tower is effectively a cross between Castlevania and Zelda, mixing action, puzzle-solving and exploration with limited RPG-esque concepts. Ende carries a variety of weapons, though his primary mode of attack is his chain whip, which can not only carry out various offensive attacks, but grab, restrain and maneuver objects and enemies. The game can be played with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, or in a more traditional manner with Wii's Classic Controller.

Curing Ceres is your main goal, which requires you to subdue and tear away meat from your enemies. More routine enemy remnants will only hault Ceres' mutation, but bosses will begin to reverse her condition. Naturally, getting to these big bad guys requires a bit of work. Your battleground consists of a dozen or so towers that contain various tricks, traps and creatures. Each tower has a particular theme or environment, just like the Zelda dungeons we know and love.

Does the curse factor into gameplay?
    Not directly, but it does appear to act as a timer. As you progress through the game, Ceres' condition will get worse. That's why you consistently have to work your way back to her to feed her. Presumably you can do more than simply buy yourself more time… perhaps you can slow the curse as well?

What are these RPG elements?
    There isn't too much information about this available, but it appears as though you'll be able to acquire items that will allow you to upgrade your sword, chain and other weapons. Once acquired, Ende will have to visit a merchant, Graia, for some sort of upgrade process.

How does the game play?
    Unfortunately, the IGN Nintendo crew has yet to play Pandora's Tower. All the above information is courtesy of our friends over at Andriasang, who have been keeping an eye on all the latest information coming out of Japan.

When are we getting the game in the United States?
    That's the real question, isn't it? Though Pandora's Tower is due out May 26, 2011 in Japan, there is absolutely no word about a United States release.

Something tells me the game might be quietly announced for a Stateside release at E3 2011, perhaps alongside a few other outstanding titles like The Last Story. Nintendo certainly needs more titles to propel Wii sales in 2011 until its successor arrives in 2012. Pandora's Tower would certainly be an interesting addition to that lineup.

a cross between Zelda and Castlevania? sounds wanktastic

except...

The bloke who wrote this hasn't actually played it

• HiddenAway 11 May 2011 06:56:02 15,000 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    New official trailer

• Deleted user 4 July 2011 18:52:54
    All but officially confirmed for the EU :)

Apparently Nintendo of Europe had this on display (along with Last Story) at the Japan Expo in Paris!

A very good sign, one would think :)

Source
  • Raiko101 6 Jul 2011 20:50:42 6,720 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Quite chuffed about this myself. Was really looking forward to The Last Story and this looks very much interesting too.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• JinTypeNoir 7 Jul 2011 06:16:53 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I got this game the other day and all I have to say is: holy shit.

This game has by far the most fucked up plot I've played since say, Circuit's Edge, a game where drugs and whores and drinking was the natural state of mind. You know how you have to get meat for a friend who is turning into a monster? You can sit there and dangle it in front of her as she writhes, tormenting by her transformation, crying and pleading. I thought it might be funny to do one time, I certainly didn't think that afterward. Oh my Lord, I felt horrible. I've seen a video of someone who keeps doing it again and again just to torture her, and I seriously couldn't make it to the end.

It's not just that, the whole game's got this really, really disturbing aesthetic. Even if you play it straight and nice, there are times you just don't want to look at the screen.

Playing the game is like adding sidequests and RPG-esque context to Castlevania. It's very smooth and fast and boy right from the beginning, its fun, varied and extremely visceral. Actually, the whole thing feels like it was developed to be a Castlevania game from the beginning, but something happened and they needed to change the IP. It's that reminiscent.

I was surprised by this game. I especially like the witch who teaches you about the towers and the meat, she's got an old guy who's already dead and mumbles incoherently that she carries on her back.
  • Deleted user 13 November 2011 16:17:31
    Just like Xenoblade, we have the opportunity to vote for the alternative cover art for Pandora's Tower. (as well as The Last Story)

Details

Voting closes on the 15th, so be sharpish!
  • figaro7 29 Mar 2012 11:59:11 1,385 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Comes out next month, anyone going to pick this up?
  • Mageme 29 Mar 2012 12:23:28 2,047 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Have it pre-ordered but JTN's comments above are disturbing me. Is it going to be as weird as Drakengard? That had a freakin weird storyline too.

3DS: 5086-1465-9252

• Rajin 29 Mar 2012 13:11:16 666 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Still playing xenoblade and the last story, this is one rpg i'll have to skip unless it get's extremely positive reviews(which seems unlikely) it all looks a bit ''meh''.
  • santashi 3 Apr 2012 19:47:38 5,167 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    HMV have a bonus box and art book as an exclusive bonus. You can get it with either the standard or collector's edition. The page for this is: here

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• FabricatedLunatic 3 Apr 2012 20:28:59 13,040 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    HMV have a bonus box and art book as an exclusive bonus. You can get it with either the standard or collector's edition. The page for this is: here
    Ooh, hello. I'd been trying to decide where to pre-order Pandora's Tower from, but that settled it. Thanks for pointing it out!
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous