Revolution in the middle east Page 61

• Page

of 84 First / Last

• AaronTurner 16 Nov 2012 18:58:41 7,684 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It was though, remember that whole argument about the site being clear and they had no idea that someone was inside the confines of the site?
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 19:05:09
    No.

That might have been the argument you thought you were having though, which explains a lot.
  • AaronTurner 16 Nov 2012 19:12:59 7,684 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I didn't just think I was having that argument, feel free to go back a few pages and read where it started.
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 19:15:56
    No thanks. We've all endured that pain once.
  • AaronTurner 16 Nov 2012 19:23:35 7,684 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Right then.
  • Rusty_M 16 Nov 2012 21:31:33 4,654 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    Hamas aiming at Jerusalem now.

btw, those Iron Shield rockets are about £72K each. Someone's making good business out of this.
    Bloody hell! IIRC sidewinder missiles are only $80K. Must be a fairly complex system to intercept a rocket TBF.

Still, a very messy situation all round.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Khanivor 16 Nov 2012 21:35:10 40,554 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hmm, sell Hamas crappy rockets for a grand a pop. Sell Israeli's sophisticated rockets to shoot down cheapo rockets for 72k a pop.

Profit.
  • Moot_Point 16 Nov 2012 22:02:53 3,983 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    Hmm, sell Hamas crappy rockets for a grand a pop. Sell Israeli's sophisticated rockets to shoot down cheapo rockets for 72k a pop.

Profit.
    The banks have to get some profit somewhere. lol

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Deleted user 16 November 2012 22:19:06
    The Iron Shield missiles are $40k which is pretty cheap for anything made in the last 25 years that has any chance of hitting something.
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 22:21:20
    Moot_Point wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:

Profit.
    Yeah the banks who manufacture missiles and kill babies.
  • senso-ji 16 Nov 2012 22:25:44 5,855 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Iron Dome rockets themselves don't have to be expensive, do they? Surely they just need to knock the trajectory of the rockets to somewhere harmless/the sea/back into Gaza rather than blow them up in mid air? I'm guessing all the ground technology and satellite bandwidth is what costs the most.
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 22:58:51
    They're proximity based so they aren't using any complex tracking, it's an overly expensive system for what it can do.

Knocking the trajectory to somewhere harmless is incredibly difficult, it needs to take out the other missile to be effective. The ground based part is probably comprised of a sensor or it's receiving from a satellite (but I would be surprised), the battery unit, all the support and the command unit.

I don't know if the missile has an active tracking system, it probably does for that cost.

Can't be arsed to look on wikipedia, so feel free to correct any of that.
  • Khanivor 16 Nov 2012 23:11:29 40,554 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well seeing as both Israel and the Gaza strip are run by democratically elected representatives part of me thinks they are both getting what they deserve.
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 23:13:01
    'Democratically' 'elected'.
  • Moot_Point 16 Nov 2012 23:27:06 3,983 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    Moot_Point wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:

Profit.
    Yeah the banks who manufacture missiles and kill babies.
    Hehe!

================================================================================

• Deleted user 16 November 2012 23:36:13
    You're both boring and a cretin. Grats.
  • Moot_Point 16 Nov 2012 23:51:08 3,983 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    oi wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    They're not just Jewish though, so it's a bit wrong to call them "Jewish lobbies". Plenty of evangelical Christians and neocons on the wagon as well.

Even though Israel doesn't really need this level of support anymore. They have the region's best armies and best military technology, and are already pretty much taking care of their own affairs.

Oh, and they have nukes too.
    Neocon is just another word for Zionist.
    Don't they lobby republicans, primarily?

• Deleted user 16 November 2012 23:56:39
    Some Jewish lobbyist admitted to that and I'm like how fucking stupid can you get? Why would he even admit to that.
  • localnotail 17 Nov 2012 00:33:43 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just checked the Iron Dome Wikipedia entry and it says $40K per missile. Sure they said 72K on Radio 4 but may have been mistaken. Still a lot. And it's $50M / battery, which they might well need more of. And so the enormous amount of aid money returns to the US. Interesting reading.

Edited by localnotail at 00:36:25 17-11-2012

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Khanivor 17 Nov 2012 00:43:21 40,554 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I suppose you could say US aid to Israel is a big money laundering operation. Take money from taxpayers, send it to Israel. Israel buys American weapons systems, sends the money back to private companies which is then filtered into personal accounts. Everything's kosher.

Edited by Khanivor at 00:43:34 17-11-2012
  • Mola_Ram 17 Nov 2012 06:51:20 7,251 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    oi wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    They're not just Jewish though, so it's a bit wrong to call them "Jewish lobbies". Plenty of evangelical Christians and neocons on the wagon as well.

Even though Israel doesn't really need this level of support anymore. They have the region's best armies and best military technology, and are already pretty much taking care of their own affairs.

Well, no, they're quite different. Neo-conservatism is a philosophy concerned with foreign and strategic policy, and a (negative) attitude towards internationalist institutions.

And Zionism, from what I understand, is mostly a nationalist and religious matter. That the two might occasionally share the same goals doesn't make them the same thing.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 06:55:45 17-11-2012
  • localnotail 19 Nov 2012 00:29:24 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wonder how Anonymous are getting on with OpIsrael?

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Deleted user 19 November 2012 00:59:21
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    oi wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:

Well, no, they're quite different. Neo-conservatism is a philosophy concerned with foreign and strategic policy, and a (negative) attitude towards internationalist institutions.

And Zionism, from what I understand, is mostly a nationalist and religious matter. That the two might occasionally share the same goals doesn't make them the same thing.
    Yep what I think he actually said was Neocon is just another term for Jew, which was an equally stupid thing to say. Something tells me he wasn't very popular with his fellow lobbyists that day.
  • beep 19 Nov 2012 07:50:57 449 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The UN needs to be restructured into the UN Squadron. Take a common sense approach to world politics and recognize all nations have a right to exist, establish a Palestinian nation, revoke all veto powers from the five "winners", and annihilate anyone who threatens peace.

That would work, wouldn't it???
  • RedSparrows 19 Nov 2012 10:33:12 22,332 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    'annihilate anyone who threatens peace.'

Yeah, it'd work ;)
  • Madder-Max 19 Nov 2012 10:39:40 11,641 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    .Why doesn't israel just drop a nuke on them? Worked with Japan.

They can't lift the blockade because some cunt will sell hamas a load of weapons and they will not simply shake hands and be friends woth israel if sanctions are lifted. (Rightly or wrongly). There is just one solution. Its probably wrong but what other option is there other than Israel apologising to the palestinians for being cunts and ending isreal?

Edited by Madder-Max at 10:44:24 19-11-2012

99 problems and being ginger is one

• RedSparrows 19 Nov 2012 10:41:16 22,332 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It works nicely when there's 3000 miles of ocean between you, yes.
  • Mola_Ram 19 Nov 2012 10:43:08 7,251 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Drop a nuke on... who? The Palestinians? Are you seriously asking that?

Apart from it being massively massively wrong, there's the slight matter of them being right bloody next to Israel.
  • fletch7100 19 Nov 2012 10:43:37 7,236 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    beep wrote:
    The UN needs to be restructured into the UN Squadron. Take a common sense approach to world politics and recognize all nations have a right to exist, establish a Palestinian nation, revoke all veto powers from the five "winners", and annihilate anyone who threatens peace.

That would work, wouldn't it???

All world matters played on a game of UN Squadron on the SNES. Easy way to settle matters. You want this land, just beat my highest score then

Edited by fletch7100 at 10:44:48 19-11-2012
  • Page

of 84 First / Last