Revolution in the middle east Page 57

• Page

of 84 First / Last

• jellyhead 16 Nov 2012 09:25:48 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    If I were a Palestinian there is no doubt in my mind I'd be throwing anything in my grasp at the Israelis. What else is there for them? Brutally oppressed and treated like animals, there is no other system for them other than a fight.
    Yup.

... and because they fight Israel keep the sanctions and occupation going. It's a horrible vicious circle with both sides seeding hate for the other.

It's a shitty situation all round.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• richardiox 16 Nov 2012 09:41:31 5,581 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SClaw wrote:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20353223

Israel are starting DRAFT? Yeah... they are so going in on the ground.
    They need 30,000 reservists to back up their army. Someone remind me how big the Palestinian army is again? And how many tanks, battleships, planes and gunships they have? Oh yeah, none.

They don't have any military capability other than small pockets of fighters using odd bits of crude smuggled weaponary. But they do have stones. Best way to deal with a thrown stone is an air strike. Or bulldoze that kids' home.
  • Mola_Ram 16 Nov 2012 09:44:26 7,239 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I dunno, I'm not sure that a huge army is going to help them here.
  • mcmonkeyplc 16 Nov 2012 09:53:12 39,440 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Or threaten to do it, ie. if you guys don't get your shit together, you're going to be fighting over the world's biggest piece of glass.

Call it the Watchmen solution.
    I'd vote for this solution.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• jellyhead 16 Nov 2012 10:01:17 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Mola_Ram They can pose for pictures after they've bulldozed everything flat again for the resettlers.

• richardiox 16 Nov 2012 10:32:17 5,581 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19391814
  • jellyhead 16 Nov 2012 10:35:39 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, unfortunately that's about what i expected to be said.

• SClaw 16 Nov 2012 10:53:24 826 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Judge Oded Gershon, presiding at the Haifa District Court, said Ms Corrie had been protecting terrorists in a designated combat zone.

He said the bulldozer driver had not seen her, adding the soldiers had done their utmost to keep people away from the site. "She [Corrie] did not distance herself from the area, as any thinking person would have done."
    The fuck? Not only ruling Israel not at fault but actually calling the dead girl a moron and, effectively, a terrorist? Way to go. *clapclapclap*
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 10:58:24
    The bulldozer driver didn't see her. It's pointless criticising either party without real facts of what happened.
  • SClaw 16 Nov 2012 11:02:48 826 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah I agree the case is kind of shakey, but that does not excuse the rude comments by the judge.
  • Moot_Point 16 Nov 2012 11:06:10 3,983 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Aargh. Yes. It is perfectly acceptable to ignore a white protester (classed as a terrorist) in a high visibility vest with a megaphone, and run them over with a bulldozer.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Deleted user 16 November 2012 11:08:16
    Moot_Point wrote:
    @Aargh. Yes. It is perfectly acceptable to ignore a white protester (classed as a terrorist) in a high visibility vest with a megaphone, and run them over with a bulldozer.
    Aargh. wrote:
    It's pointless criticising either party without real facts of what happened.
  • LeoliansBro 16 Nov 2012 11:09:07 43,820 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    Pity she wasn't black, eh? That what you're driving at? ;)

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Moot_Point 16 Nov 2012 11:13:54 3,983 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @LeoliansBro No. I was merely pointing out that she isn't part of the indigenous population. But any remark that points out race is obviously racial, is what you are insinuating?

================================================================================

• Deleted user 16 November 2012 11:18:35
    What point are you making that her not being part of the indigenous population is important or relevant?
  • disusedgenius 16 Nov 2012 11:19:57 5,284 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think it was a snide aside about Israelis not being indigenous... or something...
  • SClaw 16 Nov 2012 11:22:42 826 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This is an interesting read; http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/11/15/can-twitter-censor-the-israel-defense-forces/

I must say… what the IDF is doing on Twitter is way creepy. And then I found this…

How Does the IDF Minimize Harm to Palestinian Civilians in Gaza?

That is just downright… yeah…

FYI. Don't read the YouTube comments because they are more depressing and unpleasant than usual.
  • AaronTurner 16 Nov 2012 11:22:56 7,684 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's kind of hard to justify killing by bulldozer as accidental.
  • Moot_Point 16 Nov 2012 11:25:35 3,983 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Aargh. Oh so people peacefully protesting are fair game if in the firing line? Because it is obvious that Israel is unaware of human rights, and the right to peaceful protest.

• Deleted user 16 November 2012 11:27:14
    That's not what I asked.

Aargh. wrote:
    What point are you making that her not being part of the indigenous population is important or relevant?
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 11:28:10
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Unless it was. Whether it should have been there in the first place is a different issue.
  • LeoliansBro 16 Nov 2012 11:28:59 43,820 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    What?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• kalel 16 Nov 2012 11:34:38 87,003 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Surely there's easier ways to kill people on purpose?
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 11:36:06
    I can imagine our troops having their guns taken away and replaced with bulldozers any time now.
  • Moot_Point 16 Nov 2012 11:37:34 3,983 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    That's not what I asked.

Aargh. wrote:
    Because it is an interesting thing to note.

• Deleted user 16 November 2012 11:42:19
    You're really hard work. Why is it interesting, important or relevant?
  • Moot_Point 16 Nov 2012 11:44:22 3,983 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Aargh. If it is hard work, then stop trying to pick holes in what I am saying.

• BillMurray 16 Nov 2012 11:45:44 7,701 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If the IDF do go in on the ground I wonder if we'll see them using human shields again.
  • senso-ji 16 Nov 2012 11:47:45 5,855 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SClaw wrote:
    How Does the IDF Minimize Harm to Palestinian Civilians in Gaza?
    It's strange how Israel accuse of Hamas of hiding within the civilian population - with the security barrier and all the checkpoints, Gaza is sort of like an open air prison, and hence I'd imagine there aren't many places it's leaders can travel without being in close proximity to civilians when the drone fires it's missile.

Edited by senso-ji at 11:48:11 16-11-2012
  • Deleted user 16 November 2012 11:49:03
    Moot_Point wrote:
    @Aargh. If it is hard work, then stop trying to pick holes in what I am saying.
    You seem to be getting confused between having holes picked with what you said with asking a very simple question as part of a discussion.

Her being white was interesting because...it was?
  • Page

of 84 First / Last