Everybody's Golf [Vita] Page 4

• Page

of 32 First / Last

• HiddenAway 23 Feb 2012 19:54:36 14,856 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    Ok, i'm over the disappointment with graphics and addicted to classic EG golf ;)

Question - where are the ranking and leader boards for the tournaments? I can see the main leader board but that's only for the daily tournament i believe. What about all the live stuff? There must be a reason for me to play them, climbing leader boards, trophies, whatever - I need something or knowing myself, I won't play them!
    Which tournaments do you mean? You mean the lobby ones?

Edited by HiddenAway at 10:58:29 28-02-2012

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Gregolution 23 Feb 2012 20:18:06 3,164 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah when you go into the lobby there are loads of real time tournaments, like you had on ps3
  • HiddenAway 23 Feb 2012 20:22:52 14,856 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't think you can actually see those leaderboards unless you're actually participating. Each of those tournaments is essentially a room.

Having said that, if you mean the grades, I don't think that's been implemented yet as every single game is a GF round (grade free).

• greenthumb 23 Feb 2012 20:26:54 320 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I got a few questions if anyone can be arsed answering

Is the only way to see a birds eye view with the select button? I find that hard to press

How do you put spin on the ball?

What do the O and triangle shots do? I unlocked these yesterday but no explanation....

Thanks
  • HiddenAway 23 Feb 2012 20:35:20 14,856 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    greenthumb wrote:
    Is the only way to see a birds eye view with the select button? I find that hard to press
    I don't think so, but try using the back panel for measuring your distances if that's what you need. I'll try and check later.

How do you put spin on the ball?
    Hold down the desired direction of the spin on the d-pad while setting power and impact (for example, to get backspin, hold down on the d-pad). Super spins can be executed by holding the opposite direction when setting power and then holding the spin you want when setting impact. You need perfect impact to execute it.

What do the O and triangle shots do? I unlocked these yesterday but no explanation...
    They're fine tuning shots in case you think you've over-or under powered the shot before you set impact. Press triangle to increase the power of your shot slightly and press O to decrease the power of your shot slightly.

• oldschoolsoviet 24 Feb 2012 12:31:28 5,457 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    Boo, custom games not ready yet. That's going to restrict things a little. Game on Tuesday? Will have to jump into the scheduled tournaments to play multiplayer so will announce the rounds 24 hours in advance for pre-booking.
    I'd be up for that, off Tue/Wed.

Started it this morning, few practice shots, and fired into the opening tourney. 27yd chip-in eagle on the first hole.

Still got it.
  • pinebear 24 Feb 2012 12:49:50 8,565 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Was that played for and got, or do you mean you still have the flukist's touch? >:D

• INSOMANiAC 24 Feb 2012 12:56:40 3,829 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I like the game but cant help feeling im playing the exact same game as EG2, already bored of the tedium of going through all the beginner stuff yet again. If you've never played EG before it would be amazing but for veterans just feel like a bit of a rip off. Bought it mainly for the online which I haven't tried yet, hoping to have some good tournaments.

I seem to be really shit at this one, I dont know if the swing moves slightly faster, and the courses at the beginning seem trickier, dont recall sloping greens and water hazards on the beginner levels of EG2

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• oldschoolsoviet 24 Feb 2012 13:01:53 5,457 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    pinebear wrote:
    Was that played for and got, or do you mean you still have the flukist's touch? >:D
    You already know the answer...... ;)

-8 on my first round, 2 eagles, 2 chip-ins.
    -3 on the second round, pars and bunkers galore. Back to normal then.
  • HiddenAway 24 Feb 2012 13:03:24 14,856 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    I like the game but cant help feeling im playing the exact same game as EG2, already bored of the tedium of going through all the beginner stuff yet again. If you've never played EG before it would be amazing but for veterans just feel like a bit of a rip off. Bought it mainly for the online which I haven't tried yet, hoping to have some good tournaments.

I seem to be really shit at this one, I dont know if the swing moves slightly faster, and the courses at the beginning seem trickier, dont recall sloping greens and water hazards on the beginner levels of EG2
    EG on the PS2 had water hazards on the first course. I remember because I got my first ever albatross by skipping on the water and rolling into the flag for the flukiest shot ever :)

Online is decent but I'm hoping the ability to make custom games will be patched in soon as it's quite annoying having to walk into a booking tournament just to play with friends...

• andijames 24 Feb 2012 13:27:53 2,694 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Doesn't party chat work with this? I did a game of WipeOut yesterday through party chat. Just one person goes into a game and then the others can click on this through the party mode. Or can you not set a private game up at all at the moment? Sorry didn't really play EG much in multiplayer on PS3 as the patches kept putting me off every time i went into online with it.

vivir el momento

• HiddenAway 24 Feb 2012 13:38:48 14,856 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    andijames wrote:
    Doesn't party chat work with this? I did a game of WipeOut yesterday through party chat. Just one person goes into a game and then the others can click on this through the party mode. Or can you not set a private game up at all at the moment? Sorry didn't really play EG much in multiplayer on PS3 as the patches kept putting me off every time i went into online with it.
    You can't set a private game at all. The only option available in the lobby is to look at the tournament list and select one to book. The disadvantage of this is that we're set to strict times as to when we can play instead of being able to jump in right away.

Tournaments start on the hour, quarter past, half past and quarter to the hour.

The daily tournaments are good fun though. Well worth playing. You play up to 3 tournaments and your scores are uploaded at the end. You then go on a leaderboard and score points based on performance after midnight (Japan time).

• BeebleB 25 Feb 2012 12:48:21 870 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Had a quick play..all present and correct..bit of a shame there's no game creation for online.

The campfire doesn't seem to be there either :(
  • Zackv4861 25 Feb 2012 15:46:49 1,082 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Man i suck at this!! Still love it though, just not got used to the controls yet.
  • oldschoolsoviet 26 Feb 2012 07:44:20 5,457 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Unlocked the old EG2 style gauge. I'm much happier now !

/actually hits a straight ball
  • Gregolution 26 Feb 2012 09:08:08 3,164 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:

I agree with this some what but it's still bloody good fun - it's EG Golf after all ;)

Its more or less a slightly different unlock system and updated graphics, otherwise it's the same. They could have at least put in a nice touch screen interface, it's a Vita only game ffs. It's blatantly the old UI. I'd have also appreciated native res graphics, it's probably the worst looking game on the console.

Having said all that, I still really enjoy it and have no regrets buying - I'm sure i'll get a hundred hours or more fun.
  • HiddenAway 26 Feb 2012 11:40:42 14,856 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    Unlocked the old EG2 style gauge. I'm much happier now !

/actually hits a straight ball
    I know. The other gauges always have the character animating while you're trying to watch for the impact point. Really distracting.

I'm actually enjoying reading all the LiveArea updates from all of you :). Great to see how everyone is doing!

• Deleted user 26 February 2012 12:42:26
    um... I had an account on my VITA which I started to play EG on. I then deleted that account and created another (I had my reasons)

now anytime I start EG it says "you cannot earn trophies, do you still want to play etc." is there any way to correct this?
  • Zackv4861 26 Feb 2012 13:58:52 1,082 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What is the EG2 style? I hate the two i have so far
  • oldschoolsoviet 26 Feb 2012 18:46:34 5,457 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Straight bar across the bottom. Much easier to track/adjust/get into a rhythm, and slightly more forgiving on impact.

Ed: Just ranked 66th on today's third tourney. Nevermind that there's only 400 entries for now. I'm chuffed !

Oh, and found this handy guide to Crowns. Hidden in a spoiler about halfway down.

Edited by oldschoolsoviet at 19:56:47 26-02-2012
  • ilmaestro 26 Feb 2012 19:54:50 32,406 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    cozeny wrote:
    um... I had an account on my VITA which I started to play EG on. I then deleted that account and created another (I had my reasons)
    Hahaha, why does this not surprise me? :p

now anytime I start EG it says "you cannot earn trophies, do you still want to play etc." is there any way to correct this?
    Because save data is contained within the "game data" for Vita games, you will have to delete the EG "bubble" and then restart, I believe.

If by "make a new account" you mean you already deleted everything on the memory card and restored the Vita, did you de-authorize the first account before you went through that process?

Edited by ilmaestro at 19:56:28 26-02-2012

• Zackv4861 26 Feb 2012 19:56:50 1,082 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hey does anyone know how to find the criteria for obtaining crowns? I've got one which was random to win with three bogeys.
  • Gregolution 26 Feb 2012 21:04:32 3,164 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is it just me or are the courses much harder. Even the 3rd course has some very tricky tee shots.... I remember the last game being a lot easier to begin with.
  • el_pollo_diablo 26 Feb 2012 21:13:56 2,064 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    Is it just me or are the courses much harder. Even the 3rd course has some very tricky tee shots.... I remember the last game being a lot easier to begin with.
    Yeah, the greens seem a bit steeper to me.
  • Zackv4861 26 Feb 2012 21:14:43 1,082 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I find the green very hard. Most early level golf games greens are flat. It's nice in many ways as golf games are normally too easy
  • Deleted user 26 February 2012 21:15:07
    yeah... I de-authorised

(I had to delete my account cos I only just remembered when I sold my PS3 I gave the person the login details to my PSN account so that they'd have my games and I could get a better price... was worried that if I continued to use that account on my VITA they'd have access to my funds on their PS3.)

what does the back panel do on this btw? I prod at it and it seems to do nowt

Edited by cozeny at 21:15:54 26-02-2012
  • Gregolution 26 Feb 2012 21:34:14 3,164 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Zackv4861 wrote:
    I find the green very hard. Most early level golf games greens are flat. It's nice in many ways as golf games are normally too easy
    Agreed, I like it being harder - just glad people agree with me. ;)
  • ilmaestro 26 Feb 2012 21:35:30 32,406 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Try pinching your golfer before you tee off, or wobbling the trees in the background!

Trophies thing sounds messed up, if you deauthorized, formatted the memory card and started again, I can't see why it would think that you were carrying on a save on a different account.

• el_pollo_diablo 26 Feb 2012 23:14:03 2,064 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I got an Albatross earlier.

/ breakdances off the stage
  • PrivateFloyd 26 Feb 2012 23:16:03 4,103 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Good game with HiddenAway where he wiped the floor with a group of 16 of us.

I came in 8th proving I need a little more practice, was nice to play with another EGr though.

Anyone up for a game circa 9pm tomorrow? I can post the room and lobby on here?

Goat is hungry.....

• Page

of 32 First / Last