Everybody's Golf [Vita] Page 22

• Page

of 32 First / Last

• HiddenAway 26 Jul 2012 18:20:20 14,859 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    So i can now only play one daily tournament a day?
    One season = 6 daily tournaments from Tuesday to Sunday.

You play one daily tournament and your score goes towards your season total. The season champion is crowned on Monday and the next season starts the following day.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• H1ggyLTD 26 Jul 2012 19:11:46 1,618 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    But i can't play a whole season worth in one or two days, then not be able to play again for a few days?

In the past, i could play three in a day, couldn't i, then would have less open to me the next day.

Which seemed a bit better, to me.
  • HiddenAway 26 Jul 2012 19:29:32 14,859 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    But i can't play a whole season worth in one or two days, then not be able to play again for a few days?

In the past, i could play three in a day, couldn't i, then would have less open to me the next day.

Which seemed a bit better, to me.
    You used to be able play up to 3 rounds a day. Of course you could play one or two but the highest players always played all 3. They always cycled each day regardless of whether you played one, two or three rounds the previous day. So every day you always played up to 3 different rounds. A little known fact is that the tournaments cycled at 11am each day in the UK, not midnight as stated :p.

In the new format, you play a single round each day except Monday. So, one round on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This makes it much easier to jump in and out of the daily tournaments as if you missed a day in the old format, your rank would plummet and it'd take you ages or an exceptional day to catch up.

So to recap, you play one round a day and it goes towards a weekly total. On Monday, the weekly results are announced, archived and then a new season starts with everyone at 0 on Tuesday.

Edited by HiddenAway at 19:31:12 26-07-2012

• H1ggyLTD 26 Jul 2012 20:09:05 1,618 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hmmmm...i'm not sure there were many people that arsed about losing rank through missing the odd tournament, because most of us mere mortals were posting embarrassing scores of round in 9-holer in a measly 3 under. :D

I just preferred to be able to play more than one round a day.
  • HiddenAway 26 Jul 2012 20:14:21 14,859 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Hmmmm...i'm not sure there were many people that arsed about losing rank through missing the odd tournament, because most of us mere mortals were posting embarrassing scores of round in 9-holer in a measly 3 under. :D

I just preferred to be able to play more than one round a day.
    Well, there's always the graded tournaments in the Online lobbies. Of course we'll be setting up games over here on EG at some point as well.

...and if all else fails, Stroke mode is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year*

* Unless you don't have your Vita with you, it crashes and can't be recovered etc.

Edited by HiddenAway at 20:15:34 26-07-2012

• FarFromSane 26 Jul 2012 20:21:27 236 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    just started using the lobby today have a had a few games so far finished last on all of them haha

Somewhere out there, a neurotic chicken wants to cross the road but is paralyzed by the knowledge that everyone will question his motives

• H1ggyLTD 26 Jul 2012 21:27:11 1,618 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @HiddenAway

I see, cheers fella.
  • oldschoolsoviet 30 Jul 2012 13:42:27 5,457 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @HiddenAway

Heh, I'm second on the EG leaderboards, some 500k points behind you ! :o

Fired it up last night to see the new changes, new tourney style, and a few random games. Quite good, although there were far too many die-hards blocking the ranking positions. Seems the G1/G2 players were having to fill the GF games because there's wasn't many folk online last night. Booooo.

Needing 10 players from 15 to validate a ranked match is a tad too high methinks.
  • HiddenAway 30 Jul 2012 23:32:05 14,859 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @oldschoolsoviet

Is that the Shot Ranking? I barely look at that :p

Until all the G3 players get through the filtered G2/G1 tours, the G3 rounds will be full of big winners. Just be patient and keep at it. I'm still trying to fight my way up :)

• H1ggyLTD 1 Aug 2012 13:53:44 1,618 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Are there any videos online of these people going round 9 holes in 10 under etc?

How the hell are people getting around without making one single error?

It's ridiculous.
  • HiddenAway 1 Aug 2012 14:10:03 14,859 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Are there any videos online of these people going round 9 holes in 10 under etc?

How the hell are people getting around without making one single error?

It's ridiculous.
    Practice makes perfect (most I've managed is -12 but I'd have to fluke at least one more eagle and a perfect round to get it).

Takes a lot of consistency and a few lucky breaks to crack the -9 barrier. You'll find that using the expert characters can help you get the eagles on the par 5's a lot easier.

• H1ggyLTD 1 Aug 2012 15:00:38 1,618 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Spotted you near the top.

You're a machine! :D
  • infoxicated 2 Aug 2012 16:52:29 1,072 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finally bought the game this morning - can't believe I held out until after pay day, that's so not like me! :D

Now to get some practice in before I embarrass myself online...
  • binky Moderator 6 Aug 2012 14:20:37 9,457 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thought I'd give this an hours play at lunch time. It's good fun, although I can see very little difference between this and the last version I played on PSP. One thing I noticed was that the brightness slider on the Vita wouldn't let me go to 100%. I wanted to, because I was outside and it was a bit sunny.

Anyone else had that? Tis a bit annoying.
  • Murbal 6 Aug 2012 14:24:30 21,941 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    We need to get a game on this week.
  • binky Moderator 6 Aug 2012 14:52:19 9,457 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've sent you a friend request mate, will happily have a game even with my noob character! All good experience / fun (I hope).
  • infoxicated 6 Aug 2012 15:02:29 1,072 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is there a character beyond Yuna that's got better impact stats?

I'm really struggling with impact - I dunno if it's just because I've switched from the circle meter that I use on PS3 to the swing gauge instead, but I've had really good rounds go to pieces due to early/late impact.

Whilst drunk on the train home on Friday (!) I bought Lani, but failed to realise that her impact stats were worse than Yuna and playing with her has been a disaster. :o\
  • Murbal 6 Aug 2012 15:12:35 21,941 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @binky spent all weekend fiddling with my Nexus 7 so haven't been on the Vita. Will pop on tonight.

Let's pick an evening, a time and a lobby and see who shows!
  • binky Moderator 7 Aug 2012 12:36:05 9,457 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Re: the Daily Tournament stuff does anyone know, do I have to be constantly online to play them or can I stick my Vita on now to start the tournament and then go outside?
  • Murbal 7 Aug 2012 13:24:44 21,941 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not sure - as long as it's able to upload your round at the end it *should* be ok, but don't take my word for it!
  • HiddenAway 7 Aug 2012 13:37:35 14,859 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Re: the Daily Tournament stuff does anyone know, do I have to be constantly online to play them or can I stick my Vita on now to start the tournament and then go outside?
    I believe you only need to connect once to get the tournament information and then once to register the score.

At the end of the round, if you're not able to upload the score, another visit to the Daily Tournament page after the round should give you a sound prompt to register your score later.

Edited by HiddenAway at 13:38:48 07-08-2012

• binky Moderator 7 Aug 2012 14:08:33 9,457 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    hmm, not sure it's uploaded. It's detected that I've played the round but I'm not sure it's submitted a (rubbish) score. Next time I try that I'll turn on Personal Hotspot on my phone. Instant-Vita3G! :D
  • neilqpr 7 Aug 2012 19:54:53 2,834 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had a horrible round on the daily tournie today, double bogeyed the first two holes. The Vita is too expensive to hurl against the wall unfortunately.
  • PeacockDreams 7 Aug 2012 20:57:09 202 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My vita psn Id is

markytonline83

Add me for golf goodness :)
    Also got Wipeout, Uncharted, Gravity Rush and more coming very soon
  • Gregolution 8 Aug 2012 08:31:07 3,171 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    was -5 after 6 in yesterdays tournament, then double, bogey, double. What a muppet.
  • PeacockDreams 8 Aug 2012 10:01:30 202 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bit like me, -3 on the last hole when the average was -1, I thought to myself, this could be a good score here! Oh wait a minute, TRIPLE BOGEY the last hole!!! Even par for me then :(
  • Murbal 8 Aug 2012 10:38:50 21,941 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If anyone finds themselves bumming around in a lobby waiting for a game just post it in here and maybe we can get a game going.

Hope to get some dlc soon; new courses wouldn't go amiss.
  • Neodog 8 Aug 2012 11:17:49 295 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This turned up yesterday, after picking it up for 9.95 on Shopto. Now, Just need Sony to deliver my replacement Vita! Which I have just found out there has been an issue with my Job No at Sony returns. Arrggh! Not had a Vita now for 4 weeks and I am going insane.

http://www.twolittlegamers.co.uk

• H1ggyLTD 8 Aug 2012 13:22:42 1,618 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Right - yesterday's tourny was set with 'impossible pin' - and people are still posting -12.

Finding it a little hard to believe.
  • HiddenAway 8 Aug 2012 14:57:32 14,859 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Right - yesterday's tourny was set with 'impossible pin' - and people are still posting -12.

Finding it a little hard to believe.
    I posted a -10 - which is about all I can do on that course's back 9 as I can never figure out the correct position for the 18th hole 2nd shot.

• Page

of 32 First / Last