Anarchy Rules / Max Anarchy (PS3/Xbox 360) Page 2

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• Deleted user 4 February 2011 17:23:40
    Atlus didn't finance Demon's Souls but seized upon a unique opportunity that presented itself. They credited the signing and sales for a $5 million profit, but its bread and butter, the niche Japanese games people constantly call for lost them over $1 million the previous year.

Lawrens wrote:
    The problem was Okami also didn't sell very well, I bet if they make an Okami-like adventure game, it'd sell as much as something like enslaved.

So it got me wonder too, what DO gamers want?

Yeah when we see the figures, its worth reflecting on ourselves and the wider gaming community. The likes of Josh Olin from Treyarch have a point about how we can harm gaming with our attitiudes. Anyone up for another waffly thread from moi?

*tumbleweed*

Platinum makes great games. So did Clover. Not enough of us bought them to support them. Not enough of us are buying Platinum Games. We talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

If people would like something wildly ambitious like Okami then gamers have to help the people at the studio create the conditions in which it can be made, ie. financial success, security and stability. You can't do that if you sit on the sidelines.

Anyway back to the game, agree with Taurus, wild bull looks grand - eager to see what else the game has up its sleeves.
  • Deleted user 25 May 2011 13:46:57
    Noticed on the Platinum newsfeed that this has been delayed, in Japan at least until January 2012. Worth raising a couple questions for to those looking forward to it, would you rather it came out this year or early in the new year like Bayonetta? Are you convinced by what you've seen to buy it yet or do you need more info at E3 and TGS, a beta/demo and reviews before deciding?

Personally I'm fine with waiting as the end of 2011 is packed and with many of us most likely hooked on Dark Souls around that time could get overlooked even among fans of Japanese games, let alone the wider audience they are trying to win over.

Already know I want to buy it, so much so I'm going on media blackout after wishing I hadn't seen some of the character reveals (its up to others to update this thread from now on). Its a shame they didn't keep some of the Mad World cast concealed so that they were a surprise to gamers but now that I know, its great to see that game and its characters are returning.

Would be brilliant if they'd follow what EA did with Dead Space 2 and Extraction on PS3 by having a special edition contain a move enabled Mad World HD.
  • King_Edward 25 May 2011 13:50:27 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Release it when it's ready. Not like Bayonetta though, I want both versions to be ready.
  • pinebear 25 May 2011 13:51:50 8,565 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mad World Move would really help justify a full retail price.

• Deleted user 25 May 2011 14:21:08
    @King Edward Agreed, especially with it being the first online game from Platinum, needs to be polished and lag free as that stuff can kill any chances of a community dead in its track. After Bayonetta, would hope that platform parity as with Vanquish is a number one priority from now on.

@Pinebear Yeah that was what I was thinking, Platinum Games have a problem with game prices dropping fast so having incentives to pre-order would really help, and if black and white blu ray are anything to go by, the visuals redone in HD would looks great. The lack of a speaker on the Move controller would also do away with the chainsaw sound that bugs me about the Wii version.
  • King_Edward 30 Jul 2011 12:24:51 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It has a story
  • Deleted user 15 September 2011 19:13:36
    Have been avoiding this over the summer like a good little Platinum Fanboy until a couple days ago when it featured on Imagine-Nation.

Atsushi Inaba spoke about wanting fans to get jacked (aww yea!) character designer Kenichiro Yoshimura discussed designing the fighters to stand out from behind (niiice!) and director Masaki Yamanaka showing it off the online. Game is looking like a barrel of laughts and Platinum sure do know I like it when they rip Kojima. :)

Catch up on the characters, online modes with screens, concept art and trailers available below:

Platinum Anarchy Reigns blog
    Official Anarchy Reigns page

I will start updating this thread from now on, but in the meantime, watch the new TGS trailer and get psyched cause its time to start for EGers to sign up so we can dominate online come next year.

English TGS trailer
    Japanese TGS trailer

GIVE IT TO ME ON FIRE P*!
  • Deleted user 16 July 2012 21:17:02
    Bump.

After reading the review I want this bad. I'm concerned by the ambiguous release pencilled in early next year by Sega and the fact it's reportedly selling badly.

Bayonetta and Vanquish were both class acts and this sounds like it could scratch the Powerstone itch I've had for years.

I'm probably going to import this when I can but I don't really want to spend stupid money on it. Any seen any sensible prices for this?

Could a mod change the thread title to the games final name?
  • King_Edward 16 Jul 2012 21:43:01 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I can wait for the Western release. Seeing as it's largely online and I don't like the idea of playing on the jp servers.

And Max Anarchy is a much better name. :)

Edited by King_Edward at 21:44:49 16-07-2012
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 16 Jul 2012 21:55:43 37,392 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I WANT THIS GAME!

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Whizzo 16 Jul 2012 23:06:37 43,038 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I quite enjoyed my time on it at the Expo, even though I was complete shit at it.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Deleted user 17 July 2012 09:37:51
    So if you buy the japanese version you have to play on japanese servers? Is it not PvP?
  • beastmaster 22 Oct 2012 13:44:32 11,199 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Since it was announced it's coming out for 20 on Jan 19th, I can't find it anywhere with that price.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• JoeGBallad 22 Oct 2012 13:54:59 383 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Aye, I was pleasantly surprised and excited after the announcement, but I've yet to see it at that price. To be honest though, the price doesn't matter; all that matters is we're getting the game, finally. I really can't wait for it.

If you aren't utterly disgusted by me please check out my videogames show at:

www.youtube.com/BitSocket

• Aretak 21 Dec 2012 19:12:11 10,346 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just received a dispatch email for my copy from Sendit.com. Others on NeoGAF reporting the same from The Hut and Zavvi (all the same company). Not gonna make it here before Christmas, but should still get it a couple of weeks before release date. Not bad for 13.49.
  • 1Dgaf 22 Dec 2012 01:12:17 3,788 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How tight is the timing for combos or whatever? Stricter than cancels in the SFIV? Was thinking it could be difficult online.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• Garlvinlandblueblood 30 Dec 2012 22:52:54 406 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Timing isn't an issue, the combat is relatively simple to be honest. Like taking maybe 20% of the combos from Bayonetta. Online I found to be great, netcode is smooth.

The main issue is the majority of players playing now are demigods who always know which moves will beat yours. And also, every character has a counter which is ridiculously overpowered and requires no timing, prepare to spam it/get spammed.
  • ResidentKnievel 1 Jan 2013 13:18:10 6,134 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    10 days to go until this is released!

18 on amazon

I've been watching a few gameplay videos and it has a rather good original soundtrack, maybe Jet Set Radio levels of goodness.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Oh-Bollox 2 Jan 2013 04:11:51 5,164 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got my copy a few days ago from TheHut!
  • hypoBla5t 4 Jan 2013 08:55:22 1,365 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    1 week to goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Jan 2013 09:21:52 37,392 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm really looking forward to this. It's only 20 as well, so there's no pressure on it to be amazing.

• Deleted user 4 January 2013 10:52:20
    Good job it is 20 as the constant drubbing online will probably make me cry real man tears.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 9 Jan 2013 08:53:43 25,430 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd never heard of this until last night.

It looks a bit like Godhand.

It's only 18 quid.

I have now ordered it.
  • Murbal 9 Jan 2013 08:55:42 21,947 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Videos of this really aren't doing it for me. That's as a big Bayonetta and Vanquish fan. Not sure if it's the art & character design or gameplay style that appeals less at this time :-(
  • Oh-Bollox 9 Jan 2013 10:11:02 5,164 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm rather enjoying this. Even knocking about smashing ten bags of shit out of random mobs is entertaining.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 10 Jan 2013 17:59:25 37,392 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This came this morning. I think I'll do a live stream later if anyone cares at all.

• beastmaster 10 Jan 2013 18:20:50 11,199 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shop To have not yet delivered. Meh!

• MrTomFTW Moderator 10 Jan 2013 18:24:36 37,392 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mine is from ShopTo. Har har.

• beastmaster 10 Jan 2013 18:25:28 11,199 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Grrr....

• liamthemaster 10 Jan 2013 18:27:50 1,559 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Where's the cheapest atm ?

Edited by liamthemaster at 18:28:38 10-01-2013
  • Page

of 5 First / Last