The UK General Politics Thread Page 106

• Page

of 190 First / Last

• RobTheBuilder 18 May 2013 16:29:29 6,521 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @lavalant unemployed scrounging student cunts eh?

Oh dear
  • Deleted user 18 May 2013 16:33:18
    Its one of those things, that has been over sold though. Its not a big as thing as the far right make it out to be. But because the same drum is banged on, time and time again, it seems like its a massive issue.

To be fair to the british public i think most recognise that - its really low down on the electoral issue list, like 10th or something.

Whats worse is people using it and telling white lights, according to ukip we're going to get 7 million bulgarians appearing on our shores next year (half of there population), and its going to strain our benefit systems (when in fact the current % of money that is used is miniscule)

Not to say things can be done to improve things, but eventually the tories/ukip will look like the boy who cried wolf. Its just and easy thing to use to stir up 'passion'
  • Deleted user 18 May 2013 16:36:30
    Rec wrote:

We can't simply keeping building more and more for houses etc new people. We have a countryside to preserve. Labour completely screwed up with their approach to the subject and better control is needed. There's little sense in letting someone in for example if they are not going to add to our society or if they plan to abuse the system. With a tighter approach to the subject, the problem would be resolved. People may not like Ukip, but they have brought the EU into question. If we can get a reform or a re-negotiation like many think we could get, hopefully things will be more balanced. At the moment, I think we're are getting the raw end of the deal in the EU and it's corrupt ways at the moment. Some of the people in power there weren't even voted in...
    Weirldy , i think about housing problems quite a lot. Its a weird side interest i have developed. Eventually over population is going to be an issue, we can't keep building terraced housing for ages and demand our right for a garden and pretty hedges.

As a country bumpkin, i hate to see cornwall slowly start being concreted over. Lines have to be drawn and new ways of hoursing have to be develop, and also a change in the mindset of the british public.
  • senso-ji 18 May 2013 16:45:54 5,840 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's all going down a slippery slope I thought wouldn't happen; I remember when Labour were voted in the third time, the Extremist parties and various tabloids were playing the Asylum Seeker angle.

'Immigration is fine, it's illegal Asylum Seekers who can't contribute to society' was the line being used.

Now, all of a sudden, immigration is the problem, you barely hear the words 'Asylum Seeker' even used anymore. Worst part is that this has gathered up more momentum than before. I dread to think which section of society we'll start being 'worried about' if we did close our borders.
  • Deleted user 18 May 2013 16:58:29
    joelstinton wrote:
    Rec wrote:

We can't simply keeping building more and more for houses etc new people. We have a countryside to preserve. Labour completely screwed up with their approach to the subject and better control is needed. There's little sense in letting someone in for example if they are not going to add to our society or if they plan to abuse the system. With a tighter approach to the subject, the problem would be resolved. People may not like Ukip, but they have brought the EU into question. If we can get a reform or a re-negotiation like many think we could get, hopefully things will be more balanced. At the moment, I think we're are getting the raw end of the deal in the EU and it's corrupt ways at the moment. Some of the people in power there weren't even voted in...
    Weirldy , i think about housing problems quite a lot. Its a weird side interest i have developed. Eventually over population is going to be an issue, we can't keep building terraced housing for ages and demand our right for a garden and pretty hedges.

As a country bumpkin, i hate to see cornwall slowly start being concreted over. Lines have to be drawn and new ways of hoursing have to be develop, and also a change in the mindset of the british public.
    The British countryside is one the great parts of Britain. Having tried city and country life, personally, I find the country life a lot better. It's nicer to be somewhere quieter while surrounded by the green. Like you said, a line has to be drawn. The population in this country jumped dramatically when Labour opened the doors wide open to immigration. It was reckless and stupid of them.
  • FWB 18 May 2013 17:30:22 44,091 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Have they even looked at the Asylum Seeker figures? They are tiny, insignificant in fact. It is bloody hard to claim it. So much so that "illegals" don't even bother with it.

Edited by FWB at 17:31:48 18-05-2013
  • lavalant 18 May 2013 18:59:38 1,271 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    @lavalant unemployed scrounging student cunts eh?

Oh dear
    Have a look at their twitter page, and some of the defending comments.

Angry mobs attacking people isn't something to be proud of, it's embarrassing for the whole of Scotland. Their excuse? 'he's a Nazi'

Oh dear indeed Rob
  • Deleted user 18 May 2013 19:01:47
    Very proud to be Scottish seeing that. Deplorable cunt that he is.
  • disusedgenius 18 May 2013 20:17:48 5,271 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rec wrote:
    The population in this country jumped dramatically when Labour opened the doors wide open to immigration. It was reckless and stupid of them.
    Except, you know...

That's just a bit of right-wing bullshit which has been accepted as fact now. Clamping down on immigration is shit for business, the economy and a lot of our services. Traditionally, in fact, it was the left who was anti-immigration because of Unions and 'dey took our jeerbs'.

Immigration is just one of those 'bigger than us' global things, really. Sure, you can fight it, but you're going to cripple yourself for the pleasure.
  • Bremenacht 18 May 2013 20:18:23 17,695 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Michael Gove heckled at head teachers' conference in Birmingham

ho ho.
  • FWB 18 May 2013 20:42:21 44,091 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I love that trick of cutting off the bottom of the grapho so it looks like the increase is dramatic.

And Gove... I really do hope something unpleasant happens to him. I would never usually wish such a thing upon a person, but he is a hideous human being. Absolutely awful.
  • President_Weasel 18 May 2013 21:23:50 9,134 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Playing soundbite politics with schools. You meddling Pob cunt, I need the little bastards to be well-educated so they can earn decent money in a competitive global workplace so they can pay my pension when I am old.

Messing with the curriculum so history is about "the glorious history of these shining British Isles" instead of proper history.
    Proposing changes that aren't supported by any decent research because they sound good and make good politics. Positioning himself for a leadership challenge too by the looks of it, making little digs at Cameron and fawning to the more frothy wing of the party.

Odious little creep.
  • disusedgenius 18 May 2013 21:29:10 5,271 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, oddly enough I quite liked him at the start of the term. He's just become more and more of an tedious, obnoxious little squit the further it's gone on.
  • mcmothercruncher 18 May 2013 22:29:42 6,699 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    From a Guardian article this weekend:

In Eastleigh where... UKIP beat the Tories into second place, it's electioneering included one leaflet claiming: "Next year, the EU will allow 29 million Bulgarians and Romanians to come to the UK."

The number was derived by simply adding the two countries' populations together.
  • Deleted user 18 May 2013 23:17:32
    Is that not technically correct?
  • mcmothercruncher 18 May 2013 23:40:16 6,699 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's technically idi-fucking-otic, but it scares the right people, eh?
  • Bremenacht 18 May 2013 23:40:30 17,695 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    Yeah, oddly enough I quite liked him at the start of the term. He's just become more and more of an tedious, obnoxious little squit the further it's gone on.
    They all have really. Almost every Tory who seemed reasonable then has run up their true colours since.
  • spamdangled 19 May 2013 01:36:20 27,276 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Watching Gove in that conference was cringeworthy. He really just doesn't care and has no interest in listening to the Teachers, does he?

"I'm very sorry, but if you think Ofsted are creating a culture of fear then this is where you and I must part ways".

I mean, how the fuck would he know? He's not a bloody Teacher!

Edited by darkmorgado at 01:52:32 19-05-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• thelzdking 19 May 2013 01:38:56 4,357 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He's an ideologue who seems to have a strong desire to lead the party.

Edited by thelzdking at 01:42:29 19-05-2013
  • Deleted user 19 May 2013 06:11:48
    I can't believe people still vote for Labour. They made a complete hash of things last time they were in power and people want to give them ANOTHER chance?!

Fine, kick the Tories out, but don't bring back the clueless party. At least give someone else a chance...
  • mcmothercruncher 19 May 2013 08:45:13 6,699 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Would your preference be....... UKIP by any chance?
  • Deleted user 19 May 2013 09:06:06
    No. They've made some good points about where the UK is going in the future, but that's it. There are loads of parties out there. Look beyond the "main" three is my point.

Edited by Rec at 09:06:27 19-05-2013
  • Deleted user 19 May 2013 09:07:22
    People still vote for labour as there is still not a viable alternative. We have the comedy relief parties like the lib demo and ukip, and then there is the fucking deplorable tories.
  • Deleted user 19 May 2013 09:12:25
    I don't quite buy that argument. Libs haven't really been in power, Tories are well...you know, and Labour had 12 years to get things going. Instead they screwed it up. Where's the sense in setting off the loose cannons again? It would make more sense to pick a party that would at least balance things out.

Edited by Rec at 09:14:25 19-05-2013
  • RedSparrows 19 May 2013 09:46:29 22,238 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    One thing that really pisses me off, when i am talking politics with people like my brother, is how angry they get over things that are *already* illegal, as though they are actually legal: e.g. Immigrants coming to abuse the system! Illegal immigration! Raarr these things shouldn't happen raaar!

No, that's why they are ILLEGAL. Murder shouldn't happen raar raaaarr.
  • RedSparrows 19 May 2013 09:50:21 22,238 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ps: rec, are you concerned about birth rates also, or just immigrants arriving, if space is at a premium?
  • FWB 19 May 2013 09:53:28 44,091 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's the swing voters that determine the government. Most people will vote Labour or Conservative because they have all their life, a bit like a football team. There is no thought given to it.

And no one wins an election, they lose it. The argument that there is no alternative is crap. Considering how bad the two main parties are, there is always an alternative. But hey, if that's what people want to think, then they deserve no better.
  • Deleted user 19 May 2013 10:22:37
    RedSparrows wrote:
    One thing that really pisses me off, when i am talking politics with people like my brother, is how angry they get over things that are *already* illegal, as though they are actually legal: e.g. Immigrants coming to abuse the system! Illegal immigration! Raarr these things shouldn't happen raaar!

No, that's why they are ILLEGAL. Murder shouldn't happen raar raaaarr.
    I get what you are saying but these arguments (and god knows I see them a lot) are usually that not enough is done about these already illegal things.
  • Bremenacht 19 May 2013 10:40:14 17,695 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    And no one wins an election, they lose it. The argument that there is no alternative is crap. Considering how bad the two main parties are, there is always an alternative. But hey, if that's what people want to think, then they deserve no better.
    Truth. A truth made even more ridiculous because voting for the big two usually means you get the same policies and behaviour anyway. I shake my head when hearing (or reading) people say that 'Labour would stop that!' or 'Labour wouldn't allow that!'. Oh yes they would!
  • Page

of 190 First / Last