of 820 First / Last

• Armoured_Bear 6 Dec 2017 22:18:32 20,656 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bunch of fucking crispy pancakes.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 6 Dec 2017 22:20:02 4,882 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Labour are going to be the largest party after the next general election so it'll be interesting to see how they patch up their differences with the nationalists to set up a deal for votes. Hopefully their attempt to win back Scotland isn't so bitter that no deal can be struck
  • Blurp 6 Dec 2017 22:20:13 1,070 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You damp chair?

edit: thread moving too fast.

Edited by Blurp at 22:20:40 06-12-2017
  • challenge_hanukkah 6 Dec 2017 22:21:03 5,325 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Recline your fistulas.
  • DukeSilver 6 Dec 2017 22:23:52 2,526 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You absolute programmable mouse. You electronic recliner.

I don't really know how this form of insult works. Am I doing it right?
  • elstoof 6 Dec 2017 22:23:53 18,836 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
  • Mfolf 6 Dec 2017 22:24:04 1,537 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    GoatApocalypse wrote:
    Mfolf wrote:
    GoatApocalypse wrote:
    @Mfolf Demonstrably did more than nothing. He did more than the actual campaign leader. Don't demean yourself.

I think you're off on a frolic of your own in total ignorance of the facts, but let's pick up the logic and run with it for a sec. Your position is that he's incompetent and takes no credit for the modest wins he's achieved - why do you think a man like that would've helped, given his consistent position on the EU since the 70s?
    hold up, where did I say he takes no credit for the modest wins he’s achieved?!? Is this whole debate happening in your head?
    "don’t credit him for a hung parliament and manifesto destruction, the Tories incompetents did that"

Oh, yeah, sorry, no idea where I got that from.

Mfolf wrote:
    It’s hard to give you the benefit of the doubt that you mean it in the proper sense when you refer to liberal hegemony and not the_donald use when you are speaking such consistent bollocks.
    I'm sorry you find the language intimidating, but it's ironic that you should accuse me of "speaking such consistent bollocks" when... well, here we are:

Mfolf wrote:
    He did more than the campaign leader? You mean for Leave?

I'm off for a wank.
    Superb! I say he expressly can’t take credit for the hung parliament and fucked manifesto and you read that as me criticising him for not taking credit for the modest wins... fucking kool aid man. Are you mental?!

He spent more time criticising the EU and looking the other way when asked to commit. Were you actually watching the campaign or were just making spicy memes on Reddit?!
  • JamboWayOh 6 Dec 2017 22:24:22 3,796 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    Bloody wardrobes.
    You're being too kind, they're all fucking king size Divans.
    Possibly, but I think we can both agree that you're seeing your typical glovebox mentality here.
    You're right, it's your stereotypical fusebox thinking right in a nutshell.
  • Blurp 6 Dec 2017 22:30:37 1,070 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DukeSilver wrote:
    You absolute programmable mouse. You electronic recliner.

I don't really know how this form of insult works. Am I doing it right?
    No, you grand piano.
  • Mfolf 6 Dec 2017 22:33:01 1,537 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    That’s plenty.
  • mothercruncher 6 Dec 2017 22:36:32 14,204 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    We still need the higster, old higgy mcyolo, the absolute stench pipe himself to confirm we’re doing the Corbyn bants right really.
  • DukeSilver 6 Dec 2017 22:41:14 2,526 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Combine harvesters, all of you.
  • challenge_hanukkah 6 Dec 2017 22:45:25 5,325 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Brand new?
  • H1ggyLTD 6 Dec 2017 22:46:11 7,833 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheese boards.
  • JamboWayOh 6 Dec 2017 23:12:36 3,796 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    Brand new?
    As long as their British made, don't want no foreign muck harvesting our grain.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 6 Dec 2017 23:16:47 4,882 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    British grain for British beer
    Warm
    With cricket on the village green
    It's what the country voted for
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Dec 2017 14:23:10 4,882 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    This thing about the Electoral Commission investigating Momentum's spending during the election

Surely the thing Momentum does best is get social media shares and produce material that the other Corbyn meme pages share. I don't think I've seen (m)any paid posts, is this a bussing in activists thing they're looking at?

Also, Owen Jones is doing himself no favours by implying it's politically motivated or that Momentum is somehow different/exempt because they're funded by smaller donations. Embrace transparency I say, show that your new kind of politics doesn't need to worry about this because it is about doing the right thing and not just a new label for the same old craggy smoke filled room dealmakers to exercise influence.

It's not like they'll have Grant Shapps'd it, is it?
  • disusedgenius 7 Dec 2017 14:25:51 8,678 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    iirc Momentum were providing more direct campaigning support to constituencies that Labour central had written off, so I suspect it's that aspect they're looking into.
  • whatfruitlivesagain 7 Dec 2017 14:28:40 590 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Is Owen Jones the journo with the 6th form prefect of the debating society sense of moral indignation.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Dec 2017 14:40:25 4,882 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    iirc Momentum were providing more direct campaigning support to constituencies that Labour central had written off, so I suspect it's that aspect they're looking into.
    I wonder if it'll be a case of overenthusiastic amateurs not doing the paper work that a party machine would be doing as routine. I can't imagine they'll have the funds to properly do what someone like Ashcroft could afford to for the Tories.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Dec 2017 14:41:54 4,882 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    whatfruitlivesagain wrote:
    Is Owen Jones the journo with the 6th form prefect of the debating society sense of moral indignation.
    I enjoyed both of his books but he can be a little off in the heat of the moment on the twitter sometimes. In general though he's alright.
  • disusedgenius 7 Dec 2017 14:45:48 8,678 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    I wonder if it'll be a case of overenthusiastic amateurs not doing the paper work that a party machine would be doing as routine. I can't imagine they'll have the funds to properly do what someone like Ashcroft could afford to for the Tories.
    God knows. It could even be things like providing some volunteer man-hours, doing canvassing, helping with leaflets etc. They claim they didn't spend much money on the campaign but I don't know how these more intangible things are calculated. The whole electoral rules thing seems like a right mess at the moment.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Dec 2017 14:49:27 4,882 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I know you can target very specifically online (like the Tory campaign for mayor of London did) but surely it's basically impossible to properly measure the worth of campaigning at constituency level these days? Especially since so many people will produce content for free for shares so you can't even value the print cost of a flyer
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Dec 2017 14:54:04 4,882 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Plus whatever you think of Lansman and the influence he and Momentum may or may not have on the Labour Party internally. I can only imagine the volunteers being genuinely well meaning normal folk who caught the Corbyn bug and wanted to knock on doors. Could the question be the distinction of whether it was in support of or on behalf of Labour?

Tory overspending was partly tied to the activists bussed in being explicitly there on behalf of the party thus part of the official campaign spending cap
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 7 Dec 2017 14:55:57 1,293 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Bunch of fucking crispy pancakes.
    oi!
  • disusedgenius 7 Dec 2017 14:56:10 8,678 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh yeah, for sure. Even at the time I thought it was pretty cool that Momentum were willing to get their hands dirty when the Labour Party had given up on certain areas.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Dec 2017 15:02:10 4,882 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Agree. Although I can understand why the party thought it needed to fight a defensive campaign - especially after the local election results seemed to confirm the predictions the polling was pointing to.

Tory implosion and that boost of extra enthusiasm and manpower really turned things around toward the end as it became an increasingly two party contest in England.

They'll probably get fewer votes, a smaller percentage and end up with more seats and a chance to form a government next time from where they are now.

Edited by simpleexplodingmaybe at 15:02:57 07-12-2017
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Dec 2017 15:02:11 4,882 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Agree. Although I can understand why the party thought it needed to fight a defensive campaign - especially after the local election results seemed to confirm the predictions the polling was pointing to.

Tory implosion and that boost of extra enthusiasm and manpower really turned things around toward the end as it became an increasingly two party contest in England.

They'll probably get fewer votes, a smaller percentage and end up with more seats a chance to form a government next time from where they are now.
  • GoatApocalypse 7 Dec 2017 20:18:08 3,166 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JK Rowling, Queen of the Centrist Dads, confirms that domestic violence is good, actually, if the perpetrator is Johnny Depp and the Queen stands to make a fortune from casting him.
  • JamboWayOh 7 Dec 2017 20:20:12 3,796 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Link?
  • Page

of 820 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.