The UK General Politics Thread Page 73

• Page

of 190 First / Last

• Load_2.0 19 Jan 2013 12:23:37 19,132 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Couldnt agree more, from a recruitment point of view a degree has become massively devalued.

A BSc Hospitality & Tourism? Media Studies? Psychology? Fuck off.

Even a reasonable finance or science degree won't set you apart unless you smased out a 1st from a top ten Uni.

Everyone else gets huge debt and unrealistic career expectations.

Unless you secure a place in a decent grad programme, a lot of school leavers would be better off getting a head start on the rest by working up from an admin role.
  • TheSaint 19 Jan 2013 12:40:08 14,293 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If only our voters were as sensible as the people of Denmark. How many seats did the far right anti-multiculturalism / anti-Islam party win in the last Danish general election Morriss?
  • Lexx87 19 Jan 2013 12:42:55 20,869 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Couldnt agree more, from a recruitment point of view a degree has become massively devalued.

A BSc Hospitality & Tourism? Media Studies? Psychology? Fuck off.

Even a reasonable finance or science degree won't set you apart unless you smased out a 1st from a top ten Uni.

Everyone else gets huge debt and unrealistic career expectations.

Unless you secure a place in a decent grad programme, a lot of school leavers would be better off getting a head start on the rest by working up from an admin role.
    Yep,

Grad scheme fucking saved my bacon career wise. Went from zero to fantastic prospects. A MSc is becoming almost necessary these days though for something decent.

Edited by Lexx87 at 12:43:25 19-01-2013

Speak the truth hussy!

• Bremenacht 21 Jan 2013 11:35:58 17,777 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well done, xenophobic tories!

The only significant achievement of this government -keeping borrowing costs as low as possible- could be lost as right wing cunts vent their xenophobic spleen.

Well fucking done. Politics in this country is shit.
  • Deleted user 27 January 2013 00:47:37
    Not sure I like how an MP is likely to lose his job over telling the truth

Actually sounds like he got away with it. The comment that got him in trouble was pointing out how the israel nation were continuing the atrocities of they themselves had suffered.

Edited by jebusus at 00:51:02 27-01-2013
  • superdelphinus 27 Jan 2013 01:49:26 8,039 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are you off your head
  • superdelphinus 27 Jan 2013 01:51:02 8,039 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Or one of these cookie cutter 20 year old 'uh yar I'm very left wing darlink" creatures
  • Deleted user 27 January 2013 01:54:37
    Have you seen the ratios of deaths, Israelis to Palestines to this day Have you read there plans to settle every where thus trying negate any sort of palestine country?

Are you off your head?

It's fucking sick this guy is getting persecuted for saying the truth.
  • disusedgenius 27 Jan 2013 01:56:40 5,272 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I imagine it was referring to them as 'The Jews' which sours his point somewhat.
  • Deleted user 27 January 2013 02:03:50
    They were/are jews. It's the mingling of race, religion and nationality that the Israel nation play the best way to hide their disgusting behaviour as usual, funded by the americans. Fuck semantics, everyone knew what he meant in the first place.

Edited by jebusus at 02:04:09 27-01-2013
  • superdelphinus 27 Jan 2013 02:04:09 8,039 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    'Persecuted'? If that's your frame of reference for persecution I'm not going to take you seriously.

Comparing "death ratios", tasteful.
  • superdelphinus 27 Jan 2013 02:05:32 8,039 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorry forgot a "fucking" or two to make my view seem more passionate and less received wisdom

Edited by superdelphinus at 02:05:52 27-01-2013
  • Deleted user 27 January 2013 02:11:38
    superdelphinus wrote:
    'Persecuted'? If that's your frame of reference for persecution I'm not going to take you seriously.

Comparing "death ratios", tasteful.
    Persecuted, threatened with dismissal, reported ill behaviour in national papers.,,kind of sounds true.

And bad taste? What are you on about? Did you get lost and thought you were talking about scarfs on mumsnet?

Edited by jebusus at 02:12:01 27-01-2013
  • Moot_Point 27 Jan 2013 02:36:13 3,982 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Well done, xenophobic tories!

The only significant achievement of this government -keeping borrowing costs as low as possible- could be lost as right wing cunts vent their xenophobic spleen.

Well fucking done. Politics in this country is shit.
    I agree, because Cameron has sacrificed investment in this country so investors will look at the EU as a better investment. Thus forcing our hand to joining the EU regardless of a vote to stay in or out, because we will be in a worse financial position.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Psychotext 27 Jan 2013 11:57:29 53,933 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So who was that deleted user?
  • kickerconspiracy 27 Jan 2013 11:59:33 495 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fruit_Mallard.
  • Psychotext 27 Jan 2013 12:21:05 53,933 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I see.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 27 Jan 2013 12:34:49 6,654 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    He's normally gushing about the Yanks though.
  • President_Weasel 27 Jan 2013 13:34:25 9,172 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's very hard for anyone to criticise Israel; as soon as a public figure says anything bad about the actions of the country they get accused of antisemitism. Not to sound all Niteninja, but there is an organised lobby deliberately shouting antisemitism as loud as they can at critics of Israel.

To be as simplistic as possible, some of the things that Israel gets up to are bad. (Also, some of the things that the avowed enemies of Israel get up to are also bad - that doesn't change the fact that Israel's actions have also been wrong.) That said, it should be fairly easy to disapprove of the actions of Israel without making implicit or explicit comparisons to the holocaust, and an MP should be politically savvy enough to say Israel when he means Israel. When pro-Israel internet shouters are already taking every opportunity to conflate the two, it behoves someone criticising Israel to pick their words carefully.

Am I right in thinking that Israeli voters surprised everyone and voted for a less right-wing government than expected? That's a good thing, right?

Moving back to British politics, austerity isn't working and Osborne's getting criticism from unexpected sources- even the IMF don't seem to be fully on board any more.
    Can the Tories step back from their failing policy, or are we all doomed now because "the Lady's not for turning" mark II?
  • Bremenacht 27 Jan 2013 14:05:43 17,777 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:
    Can the Tories step back from their failing policy, or are we all doomed now because "the Lady's not for turning" mark II?
    If anything, we'll get PFI again. Neither Labour nor Tories want to take on debt directly, yet both want to be seen to create jobs and economy-boosting projects, so they'll do more PFI. This country is in decline, and will continue to decline while Labour and Tories are the only parties who get in. The LDs are probably just the same, but they can point the finger at Tories at the moment.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 27 Jan 2013 14:10:54 6,654 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dunno, it makes me laugh when party affiliates point the finger. Surely the role of the opposition is to test and highlight the flaws in decision making.

I mean, the Tory mantra about "cleaning up the mess" etc.

I don't remember them pointing out the terrible destination at the time.
  • Tom_Servo 27 Jan 2013 15:10:20 17,497 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:
    Moving back to British politics, austerity isn't working and Osborne's getting criticism from unexpected sources- even the IMF don't seem to be fully on board any more.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21219541
  • Psychotext 27 Jan 2013 15:58:19 53,933 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've seen some of their "restlessly creative" ways to reduce the deficit. They generally involve fucking over the vulnerable in society or building extensions.
  • Mooney 27 Jan 2013 15:59:51 52 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If people had balls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnPvbfogeSI
  • Moot_Point 27 Jan 2013 17:23:17 3,982 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Mooney
    Great film, but what does it have to do with real life events?

Mooney wrote:
    If people had balls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnPvbfogeSI

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• MrTomFTW Moderator 27 Jan 2013 17:33:20 37,767 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm beginning to think that Fruit thinks all films are documentaries and can answer all of life's questions.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• neosalad 27 Jan 2013 17:45:14 953 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They can answer many but nOt all
  • Mooney 27 Jan 2013 17:48:00 52 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    it's all bollocks.

That woman doesn't deserve to die.

You can't even submit a petition unless it's approved by some twat who works near cameron. If that woman dies I'm gonna destroy that building. That woman better not die. She's just become the most important woman in the world.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 27 Jan 2013 17:50:54 37,767 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @neosalad If he uses Contact as proof of alien life one more time I'm having him disappeared.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 27 Jan 2013 17:51:21 37,767 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mooney wrote:
    She's just become the most important woman in the world.
    Not even close.

• Page

of 190 First / Last