Sleeping Dogs Page 35

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• Shikasama 13 Sep 2012 12:42:17 6,837 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finished the story last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. All got a bit run and gun towards the end but the game in general was brilliant. Definitley be up for another one of these.
  • Sunno 18 Sep 2012 12:23:42 156 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I just finished the story last night. Literally couldn't put it down! Man I love this game!

Had a read through the thread yesterday and was worried about not hitting level 10 on triad xp but i had no problem at all. Being a headshot fiend the bits of the last few missions meant i maxed my triad score on them and it sailed past the level 10 mark.

Really excited about collecting all the things now. Even considering getting the collecting things dlc. Is it worth it? Can't wait for a proper dlc to come out.

Also, does anybody know how much it costs to buy all the clothes and cars? Definitely going to be 100%ing this game.
  • waggy79 18 Sep 2012 15:26:24 968 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Late to the party as usual but got this today for pc and after playing with settings it looks and runs very slick. Will give it a proper go tonight hopefully.
  • Ultrasoundwave 25 Sep 2012 11:57:30 3,304 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ilovechips wrote:
    This game is truly beautiful on the PC - the lighting, the colour palette, it screams next gen. Gob smacked.

Unless it falls off a cliff at the end it's running away with GOTY for me.

The game is amazing, definitely GOTY for me so far with Borderlands 2 getting quite close to it.

To be honest, even on the 360, i was amazed by the graphics. No-one really touched on them in the reviews, but they really are excellent.

Driving around Tokyo at night in the pouring rain - easily some of the best graphics this generation IMO.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Sunno 25 Sep 2012 12:07:08 156 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got the 1000G on this last night! Definitely my GOTY so far. Can't really imagine what wold beat it.

Really excited about the DLC too. I've been replaying missions but some new ones will be great.

Tempted to get it on pc too for the mods. Anybody know if there any good mods out at the moment?
  • Rodriguez 25 Sep 2012 12:37:35 1,094 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Currently playing this myself on Xbox having started it a few days ago, it's a bit good isn't it! Really enjoying the martial arts combat in this, it makes the game for me, so fluid, precise and more than a bit brutal at times (unlocked a 'leg break' grapple move last night, oooff...)! Going to those fight clubs and taking on increasingly large gangs of varied opponents is huge fun and initially hugely frustrating early on when you lose in the final round due to lack of advanced moves!

The driving, a key part of games like this, is pretty spot on for my liking. I don't mind different types of driving models in these sorts of games and in this it's not anywhere near realistic, but it's a lot of fun and goes well with the overall flow of the game and there's a nice sense of speed when you get a clear stretch of road. I have to admit though, I've had a hard time adapting to driving on the 'correct' side of the road after so many years of GTA et al making us use the American side of the road (good job I don't have the same problem in real life :)...). The radio stations are quite enjoyable too, a nice mix of music and genres to suit lots of different tastes. I like the little challenges that pop up too, to beat scores in various areas of the game set by people on your friends list.

As mentioned above, the graphics are indeed rather lovely at times too, it's very refreshing to be in a non-American city for a change and Hong Kong makes for an inspired choice to allow players to explore. It's rather shocking to think that had Activision had their way, this game would have been condemned to the development rubbish bin, so well done Square Enix for having the foresight to see it was far better than Acti had suggested and given the devs a chance, as it's clearly up there as one of the best games this year.
  • Deleted user 25 September 2012 16:20:42
    16 hours in , 70% story complete. V much enjoying this. The city is fantastic, feels alive. Wish there was more moves but the combat is still excellent. Not sure about how bad ass the police are in hand to hand combat though. Not up to Gta standards and a rip off of everything it did but still love it plus it adds a few things of its own. Good characters and the main story missions are generally a lot of fun. loved winning all the martial arts clubs.
  • Load_2.0 25 Sep 2012 17:44:24 19,281 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just finished this about 15 mins ago.

It was great, very pretty but felt a little bit hollow in parts. Drive somewhere fight. Drive somewhere shoot out. All a bit rinse and repeat.

It just didn't grab me like GTA's. Plus after a while the combat wasn't that much fun, I think because it was just far too easy to counter. (they should have borrowed from Dynamite Cop, that did it better back in 1998.) In fact I never really felt challenged by any mission in the game.

So all up a solid game but maybe a 7.5 for me.
  • Load_2.0 25 Sep 2012 17:45:33 19,281 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    After all that I think my favourite part was chasing people down by foot, that was fun.

Ahhhh ok it had a lot to it.

OK it is a solid 8.
  • Load_2.0 25 Sep 2012 17:58:33 19,281 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    And Karoake, I spent an unhealthy amount of time in Karoake bars.
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 13:43:23
    Just finished, excellent. Although I preferred Gta overall I think the story part of sleeping dogs was better. Last few levels were a lot of fun and it was nice to see a solid end to a game for once.
    Although it is nice to unlock moves I would rather I had all the melee moves from the off.
    Time to trade in.

• Deleted user 28 September 2012 13:59:15
    Can u replay story missions? If so how?
  • Murbal 28 Sep 2012 14:26:35 22,222 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think the game's ok. Put in about 10 hours but I'm failing to feel the love people seem to be lavishing on it. I'm sure I'll get it finished, but... There's nothing particularly special about it and it's already feeling somewhat repetitive.
  • 1Dgaf 28 Sep 2012 14:33:45 3,830 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I liked it a lot Murbal, but I did try to play it a bit like a film. That meant doing things because I thought they looked cool, not just because I thought they were the best way to play / finish a mission.

EDIT:

Try this, for example. Get on a bike and find a group of thugs near a dock / water. Ride up to them at full speed, then handbrake turn the bike and leap off. If you've done it right it should slide under the thugs knocking some of them into the water. For style points, go into slow motion for a headshot gunshot kill after jumping off.

Edited by 1Dgaf at 14:38:10 28-09-2012

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

• Murbal 28 Sep 2012 14:38:58 22,222 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think I'll just try and focus on the story missions and just pick up any collectables if I happen to spot them.
  • theguy 28 Sep 2012 15:13:50 653 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    revan8 wrote:
    Can u replay story missions? If so how?
    Social hub
  • Sunno 28 Sep 2012 15:22:08 156 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @revan8 Get out your phone by pressing up on the d-pad. Go to social hub and from there in the missions tab you can choose which one you want to do again. There's also all the stat games and other fun stuff in there too.
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 15:28:47
    @Sunno thank you.
  • Sunno 28 Sep 2012 15:34:05 156 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @revan8 No problem. I actually had a lot of fun doing this and trying to improve on scores and that.
  • Murbal 28 Sep 2012 15:42:24 22,222 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Does replaying them earn extra face,triad/police score and cash?
  • Sunno 28 Sep 2012 15:53:47 156 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Murbal Yep, on police and triad. So yeah if you finish the story and haven't maxed one out to level 10 yet you can repeat them to improve and get more xp to level up.

Police you can level up with the drug busts so it's the triad xp that is the harder one to max out.

Make sure you've got your triad clothing on and give your low scoring ones another go! Pay attention to what kinds of things give you a better score too so you know how to better plan the mission.

If you're replaying too and want to get all the achievements or stats etc, make sure you inolve the things like disarms and vault attacks and such.
  • Syrette 14 Oct 2012 20:43:52 43,503 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yup.

Zombies.

For fuck's sake.

• One_Vurfed_Gwrx 15 Oct 2012 11:16:26 592 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I played and enjoyed teh demo for this, but looking on Steam here (Korea), the game has a big "this can only be played in Japanese language" warning, thus meaning that I can't buy it from Steam. However, I want to know what would happen if I purchased a UK code (retail or DD) and entered it, would I get it in teh full range of languages or not? I asked Steam Support but they didn't really seem to have much of a clue. I know that if games are unviewable on my Steam they can be gifted or their codes entered without probelm to play them (although things like their store page and DLC will remain hidden unless they are delivered teh same way). So far I have had a 100% hitrae this way (mainly Total War games and DLC), but I wonder if anyone knows whether buying a UK code would give me the full copy of the game I'm wanting or whether I'd be stuck playing it in a language I'm not very good at any more.

Sorry for interrupting the new DLC hype :) More DLC does make me think I could wait for a GOTY style thing too.

Thanks.
  • Oh-Bollox 15 Oct 2012 13:49:56 5,252 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Quite looking forward to the police missions and zombie DLC, but if they take the piss with the price, I'm not buying it.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last