The Xbox 360 in 2011

• Page

of 8 First / Last

Previous
  • Syrette 17 Jan 2011 15:31:56 43,791 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Not looking that exciting is it?

I see Ballmer has been rambling on with some PR talk about how the 360 isn't just a games console, and whilst I appreciate they're after the s, this is part of my problem with MS at the moment.

Sony these days are able to provide both plenty of exclusive games whilst also providing a superior selection of non-game applications and functionality. The list of 360 console exclusive titles is dwindling, and MS are also bringing the likes of Kinect and Fable to the PC.

Hopefully E3 will deliver some good news in terms of core games. Multi-format support is as good as ever, but a lack of exclusives is tempting me to get a PS3.

• Deleted user 17 January 2011 15:43:08
    Gears 3 and Forza 4 for me.

Sequel City baby - just more of them on the PS3 this year.
  • Blerk Moderator 17 Jan 2011 15:45:13 48,225 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    XBLA's looking nice and healthy, but Microsoft-published stuff for retail is looking somewhat conspicuous by its absence. Gears and Forza, is that it? And they're for the end of the year!
  • Syrette 17 Jan 2011 15:47:44 43,791 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    uglygamer wrote:
    Yep it looks like Sony have easily the best line-up of games this year. Microsoft are slowly turning into Nintendo and are clearly going hard at the casual market

What's impressive about Sony is that they've been able to have notable success with Move without appearing to be contradicting on it like MS are with Kinect.

Probably sold less than Kinect so far but unlike MS they're not relying on it.

I really like their attitude towards Move. Less impressive tech perhaps but it's cheaper and is better supported in terms of variety of titles.

• Deleted user 17 January 2011 15:47:48
    This is what happens when you shitcan most of your studios. No doubt at E3 they will announce the Halo remake and a Fable spin off thats what im thinking anyway. Shame im fed up of those franchises, dam it MS i want something new.
  • ToonMonkey 17 Jan 2011 15:49:14 334 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    XBLA is still great. Still much prefer the controller so all multiplat stuff will be 360. Still subscribe to live so MP stuff will be 360. Beyond that yeah the exclusive stuff looks canny thin on the ground whereas the PS3 exclusives look tasty.
  • Deleted user 17 January 2011 15:49:38
    The only one I can recall getting shitcanned was Ensemble and they made what, one console game?
  • VandelayIndustries 17 Jan 2011 15:51:36 1,523 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There is some good looking XBLA stuff and there will be more timed exclusive content. I'm expecting Bethesda to announce DLC for Skyrim and possibly Rage too.

Homefront already has exclusive content.
  • beastmaster 17 Jan 2011 15:54:28 11,622 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Saw an IGN article about 2011 on Kinect. Not got it myself but there seems to be a lot of titles coming out.

As for main games. XBLA seems to be going from strength to strength. Forza & Gears are the main ones that have been publicised.

There's bound to be something they're keeping under wraps.

All said and done though, there's enough great multi-platform games to keep us all happy.

There must be other exclusives coming. Right?

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Syrette 17 Jan 2011 15:54:33 43,791 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Boab wrote:
    The only one I can recall getting shitcanned was Ensemble and they made what, one console game?

Them and FASA (Shadowrun).

Bungie, Bizarre and Bioware no longer supporting them exclusively is a much bigger miss.

• Deleted user 17 January 2011 15:55:42
    Realtime worlds as well, they let them slip through thier fingers.
  • RedSparrows 17 Jan 2011 15:57:12 23,331 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MS's policy seems to go in cycles.

Buy up part/all of a great studio
    Get fantastic games
    Drop them
    Mooch a bit
    Repeat.

Bungie might have something for MS exclusively, they're not quite in the same boat as Bizarre and Bioware. Unlikely yet, however.
  • Deleted user 17 January 2011 15:57:37
    foreverafternothing wrote:
    Bungie, Bizarre and Bioware no longer supporting them exclusively is a much bigger miss.

Yeah I know about those, fair enough from MS, rather than strongarm studios into making the same stuff over and over they let them go to make whatever they wanted.
  • RedSparrows 17 Jan 2011 15:57:39 23,331 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hindle wrote:

Apparently that wasn't a great loss. Sadly.

MS do also have a habit of keeping things shtum until E3 reveals. Has happened before.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 17 Jan 2011 15:59:17 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    didn't bizarre go non-exclusive about three years ago?
  • Syrette 17 Jan 2011 15:59:29 43,791 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hindle wrote:

Aren't a lot of the Crackdown team now at Ruffian?

• Deleted user 17 January 2011 15:59:49
    When is E3?
  • Whizzo 17 Jan 2011 16:01:03 43,197 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Other than the PGR titles, Bizzare Creations weren't exclusive to Microsoft anyway.

This space left intentionally blank.

• caligari 17 Jan 2011 16:01:24 17,077 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MS need to start releasing more Amiga games on XBLA.

That would make them millionaires.
  • Blerk Moderator 17 Jan 2011 16:03:23 48,225 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Realtime Worlds were never a Microsoft studio to begin with, though.

While it's true that there's tons of third-party stuff, the lack of solid first-party stuff is all a bit embarrassing when you list it next to Sony's line-up this year. Buying up one-month temporary exclusive rights for paid-for DLC on third-party titles is just bloody pointless - why not put that money into something new and interesting instead?
  • Syrette 17 Jan 2011 16:03:41 43,791 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    Other than the PGR titles, Bizzare Creations weren't exclusive to Microsoft anyway.

I know, I meant more supporting them with exclusive titles as opposed to exclusively supporting the Xbox and nothing else.

• itamae 17 Jan 2011 16:05:02 9,887 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    caligari wrote:

Considering that they are billionaires right now, you're probably right.
  • Deleted user 17 January 2011 16:05:58
  • IMO 17 Jan 2011 16:06:03 5,697 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Isn't this exactly what was said at the start of 2010? ("Not much of an outlook, apart from one or two big hitters like Fable and Halo")
  • Blerk Moderator 17 Jan 2011 16:06:12 48,225 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    itamae wrote:
    caligari wrote:

Considering that they are billionaires right now, you're probably right.
    glol! :-D
  • Syrette 17 Jan 2011 16:06:59 43,791 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    Buying up one-month temporary exclusive rights for paid-for DLC on third-party titles is just bloody pointless - why not put that money into something new and interesting instead?

What would be better is said money being put towards investing in an XBLA studio doing a full title. Some of them have earned the chance.

• Deleted user 17 January 2011 16:08:19
    uglygamer wrote:
    Yep it looks like Sony have easily the best line-up of games this year. Microsoft are slowly turning into Nintendo and are clearly going hard at the casual market
    maybe MS are going more casual, but i think its more to do with increasing sales in Japan. they've tried everything else. kinect seems to be inspiring Japanese devs.
  • Blerk Moderator 17 Jan 2011 16:08:43 48,225 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    IMO wrote:
    Isn't this exactly what was said at the start of 2010? ("Not much of an outlook, apart from one or two big hitters like Fable and Halo")
    And they were right!

2010:
    Alan Wake
    Crackdown 2
    Fable III
    Halo: Reach
    Kinect Sports
    Kinectimals
    Kinect Adventures
    Kinect Joy Ride
    Lips: Party Classics
    Ninety-Nine Nights II
  • Deleted user 17 January 2011 16:10:57
    Actually isn't there some XCom game and something else from Crytek on the 360 this year?
  • Page

of 8 First / Last

Previous