• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next
  • Deleted user 17 April 2011 15:17:54
    "Satisfaction guaranteed - or your sight back!"
  • Derblington 17 Apr 2011 15:40:31 22,113 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mine is just over 4k, but it's dependant on your prescription.
  • Deleted user 17 April 2011 15:51:14
    Blimey, that's a lot.

Though if I was going to do it (currently considering it), I would probably go for the most expensive one too.

To clarify, that's because people are CHANGING YOUR EYES WITH LASERS. You'd be mad to do it on the cheap!

• Derblington 17 Apr 2011 17:19:55 22,113 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It is a shit load of money, but I've been wearing glasses for almost 20 years and I've always hated it. I got contacts as soon as I could and, while better, they come with their own set of issues. I'd always said I would get laser surgery and I now have the money to do it so it was an easy choice to make.

I went LASIK, wavefront with intralase which is the most expensive option that Optical Express do, though it wasn't all my choice as it's dependant on the state of your eyes and mine were bad.

I'm very happy with the outcome.
  • RobTheBuilder 17 Apr 2011 17:21:51 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You wouldn't choose the cheapest parachute.
  • the_dudefather 22 Sep 2012 21:21:54 9,395 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I had a consultation today in Optical Express for this, been considering it for a while

In two minds about it, Would be really cool not having to wear glasses, but then there could be complications after the procedure (although these seem to be rare) or whether it would be worth the cost. (I mean, it's not like I do any extreme sports or anything where wearing glasses is a massive hindrance)

Maybe I should just get 30 day contact lenses instead (tried daily ones and it was a bit too awkward) and buy myself hundreds of bags of monster munch with the saved money

last minute jitters before taking the big step either way I suppose

Edited by the_dudefather at 21:23:12 22-09-2012

Edited by the_dudefather at 22:19:21 22-09-2012

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• mrpon 22 Sep 2012 21:27:14 29,420 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Have it done you big gaylord.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• the_dudefather 22 Sep 2012 21:30:06 9,395 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I knew someone was going to say that!

MY FEELINGS ARE VERY IMPORTANT AND I CAN'T COMMIT TO ANYTHING WITHOUT HAVING A GOOD CRY ABOUT IT

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Destria 22 Sep 2012 22:19:11 2,836 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I reckon that, by the time my eyes start to go again through age, I'll easily have saved more by not buying glasses or contact lenses than I spent on my laser eye surgery (5 years ago).

Think of it as an investment!
  • kentmonkey 22 Sep 2012 23:02:21 20,872 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've thought about having this before.

My eye sight is terrible. Well...it;s only -4.75 but it's 'worse than that' if that makes sense.

I'll try to explain...

When I go to the opticians, I can't even see the top letter. Nothing. I can barely see the board. If somebody is sat opposite me at a table, I would struggle to tell you who they were, even if I knew them very well. I took my glasses off at work the other month to rub my eyes and somebody thought it would be funny to move them slightly while I wasn't looking. I couldn't find them.

However I'm only -4.75 and that's what my optician, and indeed any optician I've ever seen, can't work out. -4.75 isn't exactly awful, but my vision is, according to my opt, more akin to somebody with -10 to -12 eye sight. Just that glasses corrected for -4.75 seem to suit me best.

It's what's stopped me (or one of the reasons anyway) really looking in to laser eye surgery. I appear to have a complex eye issue and not sure how much of a success it would be.
  • the_dudefather 7 Aug 2013 11:02:10 9,395 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Got it done yesterday (looking at my 'second thoughts' post from a year ago is pretty funny), was watery and unconfortable for a few hours after, but eyesight is great now (not even 24 hours after)

The laser process is pretty damn trippy

Edited by the_dudefather at 11:03:22 07-08-2013

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Deleted user 7 August 2013 11:17:26
    Well done, I still can't stomach the idea. I was going to go to an NHS place (paying a private firm for this fills me with spew) but my local got privatised shortly before I was about to hit "go" :-(
  • Destria 7 Aug 2013 11:31:05 2,836 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah... the bit where they replace "the flap", and then you can see 100% well (though slightly murkily), is a bit surreal...
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Next