10 O'Clock Live C4 - Brooker, Carr, Laverne and Mitchell

• Page

of 14 First / Last

Previous
  • localnotail 14 Jan 2011 23:10:12 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    From the people who brought you Channel 4's alternative election night coverage - a weekly, live comedy and current affairs show hosted by David Mitchell, Jimmy Carr, Charlie Brooker and Lauren Laverne - Can it fail? 15 episodes apparently, starts on Thursday 20th January, at, er 10pm.

trailer

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Deleted user 14 January 2011 23:12:35
    NM
  • Deleted user 14 January 2011 23:13:57
    I think David Mitchell needs to fuck off now. Getting a bit sick of seeing his face.
  • Deleted user 14 January 2011 23:15:04
    For something that's supposed to be about being live and off the cuff, the trailer comes across as depressingly scripted.

Why'd you delete that wonderful optimism mowgli?
  • localnotail 14 Jan 2011 23:17:34 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The trailer is going to be scripted though, eh?

It should be all kinds of awesome. I hope it is. Channel 4 used to have balls, and then it had Big Brother. Hopefully this is going to bring it back on track.

• Deleted user 14 January 2011 23:18:29
    Because I forget that Brooker, Carr, Laverne and Mitchell make up part of that incredibly tedious group of chosen ones that you can't neg on EG.
  • Deleted user 14 January 2011 23:19:08
    localnotail wrote:
    The trailer is going to be scripted though, eh?

It should be all kinds of awesome. I hope it is. Channel 4 used to have balls, and then it had Big Brother. Hopefully this is going to bring it back on track.
    Yeah, these are the people to do that. Serious face. :/
  • localnotail 14 Jan 2011 23:23:37 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    These are [u]exactly[/u] the people to do that, yes. Very serious, slightly aroused face

You can neg them if you want, but you'd be wrong :)

• Deleted user 14 January 2011 23:28:10
    localnotail wrote:
    These are [u]exactly[/u] the people to do that, yes. Very serious, slightly aroused face

You can neg them if you want, but you'd be wrong :)

instaboner
  • Orange 14 Jan 2011 23:30:13 4,812 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Could do with cutting Laverne, she's grating.
  • Deleted user 14 January 2011 23:30:17
    I'm sure Carr can start doing his horse laugh everytime shit gets awkward and they have to fill a few minutes. I'm sure Brooker is going to say off the cuff things that will make any normal human being start hiding under a blanket they are so awkward and uncomfortable (seriously, he can't do non scripted), and I'm sure Mitchell will continue his ever original persona that has of course not already become tired. And I'm sure Laverne will continue to be unfunny but that is fine because she is a girl, who is just ugly enough to have a political discussion with but not too ugly that you don't feel too crazy telling your mates you fancy her.

Apart from this I'm sure it will be smashing.
  • Deleted user 14 January 2011 23:30:56
    Yep, should be pretty good.
  • Deleted user 14 January 2011 23:33:16
    I actually think it'll probably end up OK, but I won't bother watching it because as always I'll forget when it's on, even with them telling me the time in the title of the show.
  • localnotail 14 Jan 2011 23:34:17 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    I'm sure Carr can start doing his horse laugh everytime shit gets awkward and they have to fill a few minutes. I'm sure Brooker is going to say off the cuff things that will make any normal human being start hiding under a blanket they are so awkward and uncomfortable (seriously, he can't do non scripted), and I'm sure Mitchell will continue his ever original persona that has of course not already become tired. And I'm sure Laverne will continue to be unfunny but that is fine because she is a girl, who is just ugly enough to have a political discussion with but not too ugly that you don't feel too crazy telling your mates you fancy her.

Ah ok. Good job you have a nice stack of Michael McIntyre DVDs to keep you company while everyone else watches this then, jungle boy.

• Deleted user 14 January 2011 23:35:43
    Fuck that.
  • Chopsen 14 Jan 2011 23:37:34 15,999 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I like them for their individual things. Mitchell for his angry middle class shtick, Brooker for his seething and articulate yet purile ranting, Laverne for her as a DJ and her general media punditry, and Carr is good stand-up. But actually I can absolutely see why mowgli could be right here, given the format.

(esp the Brooker really needing a script and Laverne blatantly being there as token woman.)
  • localnotail 14 Jan 2011 23:38:55 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think I will watch and see what happens before deciding how it will be.

• Deleted user 14 January 2011 23:41:38
    localnotail wrote:
    I think I will watch and see what happens before deciding how it will be.
    You're doing it wrong.
  • Chopsen 14 Jan 2011 23:42:45 15,999 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh yeah, I'm going to watch it, and I'm fairly sure I'll probably enjoy it. But it sounds like the election special they did, and that was a bit ropey.

Still, at least Jonathan Bloody Ross isn't in it.
  • thefilthandthefury 15 Jan 2011 00:09:15 25,020 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Brooker and Mitchell are gods to me. Carr is all right but Laverne can fuck right off.
  • Deleted user 15 January 2011 00:28:02
    Chopsen wrote:
    (esp the Brooker really needing a script )
    It's just live, not non-scripted isn't it?
  • terminalterror 15 Jan 2011 01:10:05 18,937 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I thought the Alternative Election Night (once it went past 10pm and they were allowed to actually do anything) was pretty good.

It also what is possibly my favourite ever few seconds of television, which was the way Charlie Brooker cut to the advert break at one point:

"and now for a series of short satirical films about capitalism"

:D
  • graysonavich 15 Jan 2011 01:12:49 7,353 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I predict I'll spend the hour trying to work out if Laverne = would?
  • BinaryBob101 15 Jan 2011 13:59:18 22,973 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    disussedgenius wrote:
    Chopsen wrote:
    (esp the Brooker really needing a script )
    It's just live, not non-scripted isn't it?

Exactly. Of course Channel 4 aren't going to give up 30 minutes of what is effectively their primetime to four presenters talking bobbins. It's live to remain on point and topical.

A contemporary TW3 then.

/would

The Grumpy Vaper

• M83J01P97 15 Jan 2011 14:06:02 6,656 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd like to have sex with Lauren Laverne lots of times, mainly because she has the most astounding taste in music.

Phew, I'm glad I finally got that off my chest.

Bye!

Edit: I bet this frequently tries to be The Day Today/Brass Eye as well.
  • Physically_Insane 15 Jan 2011 14:08:36 8,864 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Her voice totally puts me off. She has the voice of an 80 year old woman.
  • WoodenSpoon 15 Jan 2011 14:13:45 12,285 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What's with all the hate? Jimmy Carr is quite funny, so it David Mitchell. Charlie Brooker is pretty good too although less so now that he's changed his hair. I would have sex with Lauren Laverne.
  • Load_2.0 15 Jan 2011 14:21:07 19,281 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mowgli wrote:

I am with mowgli on this one, pretty much sums up my views on the individuals. I am saturation point, marginal utility and all that.

Might be good, might just be very average.
  • Vortex808 15 Jan 2011 14:47:25 7,148 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Lauren Laverne is absolutely lovely. She can be funny, entertaining and likes good music, it's a no-brainer.
  • Lukus 15 Jan 2011 15:25:06 19,114 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Lauren Laverne is absolutely lovely. She can be funny, entertaining and likes good music, it's a no-brainer.

Unless you think the total opposite to this, which I do. (Actually, having never listened to her radio show due to my anger issues on hearing her stupid fucking voice, I've no idea what her taste in music is like, but the band she was in were really really dreadful).

Also, I don't expect this to be very good. As much as I enjoy Brooker and Mitchell, I've heard their spiel many many times before. I'm not sure this show is going to improve it much.

And as for a link to the trailer in the OP; are you kidding me? Was that really necessary, considering Ch4 have been advertising it between every single one of their programs for the last two weeks?

Paintings & Photographs

• Page

of 14 First / Last

Previous