Final Fantasy XIII-2 Page 26

• Page

of 26 First / Last

Next
  • Zackv4861 27 Aug 2012 21:32:43 1,138 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah run like a bitch!! Behemoths will rape you until later if going for the platinum. It is a bit gay but persevere
  • Page1 28 Aug 2012 11:08:03 2,618 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This is the exact part I've got stuck on / bored at / given up.

Shame really, as I'd like to know how it ends.
  • chrisno21 28 Aug 2012 11:23:04 1,548 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Get to the end of the stupid roatating platforms and its the final boss. Though if you are finding the travel to the boss difficult then maybe you should head to the plains and level a bit. Its a very easy game and requires very little grinding as I remember it.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• RyanDS 28 Aug 2012 12:18:46 9,842 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hm...

Weird how quickly my enthusiasm has dropped.

I posted yesterday in the currently playing thread how awesome the game was. Best FF villain, decent story, lovely cutscenes, story and gameplay made it a chance to beat FFIX to make it the best one I have played. Then I hit that point and pretty much gave up. Spent 2 hours with an elastic band on the controller playing slots without any success. (I thought maybe the weapons you got with lots of coins would help me.)

Was about to start playing again after supper (slots were self playing while I was eating) when I did a quick google to see how hard final boss was. According to the first article I stumbled upon you need 4000HP min. I have 2500. I really don't see myself grinding enough to make that.

May try one last effort tonight, but otherwise I will just jump to FF6 which I have never played (thanks Sony for FINALLY getting it running on my Vita.)
  • SolidSCB 28 Aug 2012 12:37:47 7,373 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The last boss is considerably easier than some of the battles in the last section for me. I beat it first time. Just make sure you have a decent Medic monster and you're set. Once you can win the first end boss battle you shouldn't have a problem with any of the others.
  • Tuffty 3 Dec 2012 08:58:33 1,746 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fuck that final end boss. Regenerating the two sub bosses, an unavoidable attack that inflicts multiple status ailments on everyone at the start of a round, gets stronger as you wittle down his health, rounds go faster, giving you less time to attack the main Bahamut and a move that can cause instant death if you're not prepared. There's no need for an instant death move in a fight that can take this long to go through. And yet, despite all the previous boss fights you have to go through, my options are to either restart that fight or revert back to my last save point? Meaning I have to go through them all again to even reach that point? Fuck off.

Perhaps worst of all, I don't think I care enough to go through it. I'd given up on the story/characters long before this point. I will beat it eventually, I've put 40+ hrs into it and so don't intend to give up on it completely. But for right now, fuck that game.
  • santashi 3 Dec 2012 09:13:03 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Don't think the ending will make you feel any better about the boss, unfortunately!

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Tuffty 3 Dec 2012 12:18:25 1,746 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    *groan* I've gotta see it though. I will beat it. I will......eventually.
  • Aretak 9 Jan 2013 20:04:05 10,376 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Finally got around to finishing this the other day. Overall I thought it was just as mediocre as XIII in general, but I have to say I absolutely loved the ending.

Serah dying was ace, as she was by far the worst character in both games. Noel's Vader-esque scream afterwards was the icing on the cake. And then after all the uplifting score and the brave new world and the hope for the future... bam! Turns out you've completely fucked everyone by playing right into Caius' hands and now the world's doomed. I thought it was brilliant and ballsy.

Every game seems to feel the need to have some happily ever after ending, so it was so refreshing to have a bad guy actually win for once. For the spiky-haired teenagers to fuck things up and not save the world. Especially when Caius was by far the best character in the game, and infinitely more interesting than either of the tedious dickbutts you get to control.

So yeah, pretty much the polar opposite of Mass Effect 3, with an ending which warmed me to a game I hadn't enjoyed on the whole. Pity it's all probably getting retconned in XIII-3 or whatever the fuck they're calling it.
  • Scimarad 23 Jan 2013 12:40:14 8,635 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've had this hanging around for ages because I bought it cheap and then couldn't really be arsed to play it.

Got sufficiently bored to chuck it on today and was surprised by how good it is, though the OTT intro didn't really inspire confidence. I would prefer a battle system that gives me time to make decisions as I don't think something menu drive like this is really suited to real time combat.

Still, it's a 'not awful' FF so far which is a nice surprise.
  • PenguinJim 5 Mar 2013 12:02:27 6,010 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    chrisno21 wrote:
    Get to the end of the stupid roatating platforms and its the final boss. Though if you are finding the travel to the boss difficult then maybe you should head to the plains and level a bit. Its a very easy game and requires very little grinding as I remember it.
    I got to this point a few months ago, after quite an enjoyable playthrough. Rotating platforms. :mad: Couldn't be bothered. Haven't built up the enthusiasm to get back in and complete it quickly.

But really I'm posting because I saw FF called "Final Faggoty" today and wanted to share. Better than Queers of Bore, IMO.
  • Defecationqueen 22 Dec 2013 18:06:38 654 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Picked this up today. Haven't played XIII - do I need to know the story of XIII in order to enjoy -2, or can I just get stuck-in and play it with the story being recapped as I proceed?

If necessary, I'll read XIII's story synopsis online.
  • Folant 22 Dec 2013 18:32:04 1,588 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Not necessary to enjoy, and as far as I remember the story is remapped in the game too.
    Important parts and the whole thing.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Defecationqueen 22 Dec 2013 18:44:49 654 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Thank you.
  • Steve_Perry 29 Jan 2014 11:49:50 5,200 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is there anything to do in the Colosseum without buying the DLC? No free monsters to fight or anything?
  • Page

of 26 First / Last

Next