Games you intend to pick up on day one in 2011?

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 8 January 2011 11:50:04
    There is so many AAA games coming this year and out all of them what will you be picking up on day one?
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Jan 2011 11:53:06 15,229 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was supposed to be having a year off buying games due to having so many still yet to take the wrapper off however I sold my ps3 for 230 so the 360 will be getting...

I have pre ordered Dead Space 2 and TDU2. I will get Batman and ES5 upon release and I'm sure many more. I like the look of True Crime and The First Templar, oh and Bioshock 3 and Saints Row 3...You get the idea ;)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• KujiGhost 8 Jan 2011 12:01:25 382 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mass Effect 3 and Arkham City.
  • jonsaan 8 Jan 2011 12:02:02 25,439 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LBP2 and Puzzle Quest 2 for psp.

FCUTA!

• Deleted user 8 January 2011 12:10:53
    Mass Effect 3. If Heart of the Swarm is this year then that too.

Edit: Bah! IGN says next year...
  • smoothpete 8 Jan 2011 12:12:58 31,719 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Arkham City & LA Noire, possibly Bulletstorm, and probably Mass Effect 3, definitely Uncharted 3
  • Deleted user 8 January 2011 12:13:23
    Didn't we have a 2011 thread already?

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=199202&start=0

Then again it was a uglygamer listathon so maybe this'll be better if people explain what pushed a game into day one. For me its something where I want to make a point of supporting my favourite developers or a particularly risky game such as El Shaddai.

Only other thing that could suck me into buying straight away would be a collector's set (a decent one, no plastic tat) for something like Tactics Ogre, The Last Guardian or Project Dark. But the caveat is if I intend to play on day one and not let it gather dust.

DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    I was supposed to be having a year off buying games due to having so many still yet to take the wrapper off however I sold my ps3 for 230 so the 360 will be getting...

I have pre ordered Dead Space 2 and TDU2. I will get Batman and ES5 upon release and I'm sure many more. I like the look of True Crime and The First Templar, oh and Bioshock 3 and Saints Row 3...You get the idea ;)

Not for me to tell you what to do but its notable how many games you swap, might be worth sticking with Flying Pig's thread, come up with a plan to play so many games you already have, buy less, rent more?

Working for me.
  • Articulate-Troll 8 Jan 2011 12:14:36 3,101 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dunno about Day 1, but Shogun 2, Witcher 2, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and Mass Effect3 are all pretty high up on my wish list.
  • Rauha 8 Jan 2011 12:15:24 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just Yakuza 4, out of charity to Sega. And maybe import Disaster Report 4.
  • robthehermit 8 Jan 2011 12:15:37 4,262 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dragon Age 2
    Mass Effect 3

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Hantheman 8 Jan 2011 12:20:07 540 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DA2
    ME3
    Bulletstorm
    GoW3
  • Jonathan_Fakenham 8 Jan 2011 12:24:00 301 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Uncharted 3
    Mass Effect 3
    Arkham City
    Dragon Age II
    TES: Skyrim
    Rage
    Crysis 2
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Jan 2011 12:27:14 15,229 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Vertical Stand wrote:
    Didn't we have a 2011 thread already?

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=199202&start=0

Then again it was a uglygamer listathon so maybe this'll be better if people explain what pushed a game into day one. For me its something where I want to make a point of supporting my favourite developers or a particularly risky game such as El Shaddai.

Only other thing that could suck me into buying straight away would be a collector's set (a decent one, no plastic tat) for something like Tactics Ogre, The Last Guardian or Project Dark. But the caveat is if I intend to play on day one and not let it gather dust.

DUFFMAN5 wrote:

Not for me to tell you what to do but its notable how many games you swap, might be worth sticking with Flying Pig's thread, come up with a plan to play so many games you already have, buy less, rent more?

Working for me.

Hi fella
    I enjoy swapping/selling once I play a game, bear in mind I complete 99% of the games I buy and very rarely go back, so I get my value for money. I have rented a few, but I love ownership. I do have a vast backlog of games (as most of us do) but this is mainly down to falling out of love with playing games the tail end of 2010, I'm over that now ;)

Also I have sold my ps3 so at least I have closed that avenue off!

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• SomaticSense 8 Jan 2011 12:33:57 8,983 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are there really that many genuiely AAA games out this year?

It's seems to be to be a mixture of sequels to arguably non-AAA franchises (Killzone 3, Dead Space 2, LBP2), games we know hardly anything about quality-wise (LA Noire, Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, Rage), and games which are definitely AAA but are, lets be honest, unlikely to really make it out this year (Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Zelda).

Fair enough, Rage is from id, and so is probably going to be classed as AAA on that basis alone, but is it really a AAA game on it's own merits based on what little we know? And while LA Noire is likely to be amazing, it's still not really developed by Rockstar, but by a little known dev, so we've no idea really if it's going to be as spectacular as it sounds.

The only legit AAA games definitely out this year barring some surprising delays that I can think of, are Arkham City and Uncharted 3.
  • Deleted user 8 January 2011 12:34:46
    Zelda.
  • Vortex808 8 Jan 2011 12:35:04 7,478 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Brink
    Deus Ex 3
    Rage
    Portal 2
    Gears 3
    Arkham city
    Mass Effect 3

Probably bulletstorm
  • beastmaster 8 Jan 2011 12:59:17 11,807 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DC Universe - The PS3 version. I've really taken to this from the reaction here and from what I've seen of it. It's my first MMO.

Arkham City - The more I see of this game, the more excited I get. The first one hit all the right notes in terms of plot, character, pacing and gameplay. To expand on this in the way they are doing looks as though this game is going to be great for Batman fans.

Uncharted 3 - I confess I've not started on 2 yet. But going off the first one and from what I've seen of the second, it's all win.

LA Noire - I love these kind of games and there just aren't enough of them. Big fan of Raymond Chandler and I'm starting to get into James Elroy. There's nothing like a good story well told. The fact the graphics looks stunning and it's R* makes me want to take up drinking hard liquor and smoking tabs.

Driver: San Francisco - No idea when this is due out but it looks very tasty. I'm not sure about the hopping from one car to another (although this could lead to some great Matrix like moments in MP). It's a relief to hear that all the MP modes don't include the 'car jump' mechanic. Just get the physics and driving model right and let me into some badass muscle cars.

Deus Ex - Loved both of them. As mentioned by Shikasama, it kind of looks Splinter Cell like. Here's hoping it's not or going that route is one of many options available to you.

Thief 4 - ????

Ico + SOTC & Last Guardian - Never had Ico & SOTC on the PS2. Played them at a friends house but never owned them.

So, a fair few but nowhere near as many as usual. I expect my resistance to crumble though.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• PenguinJim 8 Jan 2011 12:59:50 5,957 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I almost never pre-order or first-day-buy, but I'm tempted to pre-order Dawn of War II: Retribution. Hmmm......
  • thenastypasty 8 Jan 2011 13:03:16 5,199 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jonathan_Fakenham wrote:
    Uncharted 3
    Mass Effect 3
    Arkham City
    Dragon Age II
    TES: Skyrim
    Rage
    Crysis 2

This list and I'm interested to see what MS have up there sleeves(Halo 1 remake please)!

Edit:Forgot about Ico and SOTC and The Last Guardian.
  • heyyo 8 Jan 2011 13:05:57 14,371 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Arkham City
  • kinky_mong 8 Jan 2011 13:55:45 10,744 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    After buying so many games on release last year and seeing them plummet in price a month later I'm cutting back a lot on buying games on Day 1. Add to that there's not much coming this year that I'm massively excited about and my list of Day 1 games is:

Portal 2
    Arkham City
    Brink (solely because as a multiplayer focussed game it's best to start early before loads of people get an advantage over new people).

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• PazJohnMitch 8 Jan 2011 13:58:15 8,623 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Uncharted 3

Everything else can wait.
  • Widge Moderator 8 Jan 2011 14:00:56 13,728 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nothing day 1. Going to buy last years titles for £10 and do them first

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• chiefian 8 Jan 2011 14:47:22 475 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dead Space 2
    Dragon Age 2
    Crysis 2
    Gears of War 3
    Portal 2
    Elder Scrolls V
    Mass Effect 3
    Arkham City

Nothing original on my radar apart from I Am Alive. I don't own a PS3 so I can't get excited about Last Guardian.
  • Deleted user 8 January 2011 14:49:07
    the new x-com game. I MUST HAVE IT! (even if its shit) :p
  • finexi 8 Jan 2011 15:10:10 2,785 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Team ICO Collection
    LA Noire
    3DS
    Mass Effect 3
    Uncharted 3
    The Last Guardian
    Arkham City
    Skyrim
    Gears of War 3
    Rage
    Forza Motorsport 4

Not counting the ones not yet announced, of course.

Tough year I have here.
  • Lawrens 8 Jan 2011 15:21:26 398 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Uncharted 3, Mass Effect 3 and Last Guardian will be the only games I'll pick up day one, hopefully Platinumgames will have a game at the end of this year and that will be day 1 for me too.
  • famous_roy 8 Jan 2011 16:31:37 4,102 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Last Guardian
    Batman:AC
    Mass Effect 3
    Portal 2
    Deus Ex 3
    Dead Space 2
    Kirby's Epic Yarn
    Gears 3
    Dragon Age 2
    Bulletstorm
    Team Ico HD
    Disgaea 4

I'm papercaves on the Twitter. This is mah Tumblr and I'm ulysseys31 on PSN :D

• Derblington 8 Jan 2011 16:32:20 22,120 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Far, far too many. As usual.
  • Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous