Tales of Xillia Page 2

• Page

of 17 First / Last

• Rauha 20 Dec 2010 12:50:58 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Some info (famitsu):

-Five keywords: Liese Maxia, Spirit Artes, the Spirit Maxwell, the country Ra Sugal, and the emerging nation A Joule
    -Uses lighting to show the differences between hot and cold
    -There's a field map
    -Uses both TP and a new system called AC (Assault Counter). AC seems to be pretty similar to CC.
    -The double attacks are link mode. Seems you can use Free Run to set yourself up for the attacks.
    -Jude is 15 years old. Mira is 20.
    -Most interesting thing about the character descriptions is that Mira can summon the four spirits, which hopefully means Summoning is coming back to Tales.
    - Gaf summary
  • Rauha 21 Dec 2010 01:12:22 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also, the game is 60% complete.
  • King_Edward 21 Dec 2010 06:26:11 11,471 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Another 10% and they can release it. Good old Namco.
  • Rauha 21 Dec 2010 12:43:34 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Famitsu scans
  • Cappy 22 Dec 2010 11:39:33 12,117 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rauha wrote:
    Some info (famitsu):

-Five keywords: Liese Maxia, Spirit Artes, the Spirit Maxwell, the country Ra Sugal, and the emerging nation A Joule
    -Uses lighting to show the differences between hot and cold
    -There's a field map
    -Uses both TP and a new system called AC (Assault Counter). AC seems to be pretty similar to CC.
    -The double attacks are link mode. Seems you can use Free Run to set yourself up for the attacks.
    -Jude is 15 years old. Mira is 20.
    -Most interesting thing about the character descriptions is that Mira can summon the four spirits, which hopefully means Summoning is coming back to Tales.
    - Gaf summary

They omitted the most interesting thing that Famitsu mentioned. Xillia is switching to a 'behind the back' view.

Which is quite meaningful actually, 'behind the back' means Xillia is possibly abandoning the fixed camera and staged scenes of previous Tales games and finally catching up with already pretty old games like Final Fantasy XII and Rogue Galaxy.

Much better for gamers like myself who love to explore and look around.

If this is correct it's a massive leap forward for the Tales series, they'll only be half a decade behind other RPGs now. :-D
  • Rauha 2 Feb 2011 17:31:08 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Judo and Mira are no longer by themselves in the world of Liese Maxia. Namco Bandai has revealed a new character for Tales of Xillia through this week's Weekly Shounen Jump.

The character's name is Alvin (in Japanese, アルヴィン), a skilled mercenary who wields one of those combo swords and guns everyone is talking about these days. Jump lists Alvin as the game's third party member. The character is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita.

Like main male lead Judo, Alvin is a design from Kosuke Fujishima. Xillia features character designs from both Fujishima and Mutsumi Inomata.
    - Andriasang
  • Rauha 2 Feb 2011 22:50:26 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Screenshots

Tales Of Graces F confirmed :)
  • kirby2096 3 Feb 2011 14:29:37 14 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rauha wrote:
    Screenshots

Tales Of Graces F confirmed :)

http://games.fok.nl/nieuws/427916/1/1/50/tales-serie-krijgt-vervolg.html

Gotta import Graces F from the US, unless Namco Bandai Europe change their minds.
  • Rauha 9 Sep 2011 17:37:18 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looks like this is going to be the biggest selling Tales of ... games in Japan since the PS1/PS2 days. 500k shipped initially, and then an additional 100k on the 2nd day.

Wonder if it'll reach a million with the best re-release etc (doubt full though).

Unfortunately, I don't this news will affect the decision regarding a release in the West, I reckon that depends on sales of Tale of Graces F.
  • King_Edward 9 Sep 2011 17:46:30 11,471 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think we'll get it eventually.
  • Deleted user 10 September 2011 00:16:17
    i guess they might use the 3DS release of Abyss as a tester? So hopefully with good reviews, and lack of 3DS games it might sell well. Then hopefully this might get a release.

• Deleted user 10 September 2011 00:16:18
    Post deleted
  • JinTypeNoir 12 Sep 2011 21:35:57 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My hats off to Tales Studio. They keep on exceeding their previously high standards every time with this series.

If Xillia keeps on like this, its going to be even better than Graces, which I thought outdid Vesperia. But since this is the 15th Anniversary game, you can really tell they put all their heart and soul into this.

It's also incredibly cool to see a new Tales game with the combined effort of the entire studio. Its been 10 years (Eternia) since that happened. You can really tell the difference.

Man, this game is so incredibly tight!!!
  • Deleted user 12 September 2011 21:42:28
    Does it have English subs?
  • Rauha 12 Sep 2011 21:48:30 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    My hats off to Tales Studio. They keep on exceeding their previously high standards every time with this series.

If Xillia keeps on like this, its going to be even better than Graces, which I thought outdid Vesperia. But since this is the 15th Anniversary game, you can really tell they put all their heart and soul into this.

It's also incredibly cool to see a new Tales game with the combined effort of the entire studio. Its been 10 years (Eternia) since that happened. You can really tell the difference.

Man, this game is so incredibly tight!!!

Wow, super jealous of you man. Keep us informed on how your finding it!
  • JinTypeNoir 12 Sep 2011 21:49:11 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No, of course not. Why would it?

I don't care what Namco says about Graces and Abyss 3D and enthusiasm and all that. One look at this game and you can tell they have no intention of selling it just in Japan. There's way too much money poured into it. I wouldn't worry about it not getting translated. I just don't see it NOT happening.

The one thing that might not get translated is the chatter noise. In this one not every person who appears on the screen can be talked to, just ones with smilie face speech bubbles over their head (Once you talk to them, the speech bubble, but the smilie face disappears until they have something new to say). This helps immensely as in crowded areas there will could be hundreds of NPCs wandering around and talking and depending on where you are you can make out different snatches of conversation out of the chatter, and it's actual Japanese with dozens of different voices, not some generic sound effect. Its really cool how as you walk around different conversations can be eavesdropped on, fading in and out. I imagine it would be a bitch to translate that.
  • uiruki 7 Nov 2011 13:07:19 3,762 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm a few hours into this. This was the one game I definitely had to get while in Japan. After playing a good bit of the 3DS port of Tales of the Abyss this really is tremendous, isn't it? There has clearly been a lot of thought put into the design of the game, evident in things like the 'save anywhere' slot and the improved journal and maps. Loving the sheer amount of voice acting too - the game definitely makes a statement by having text appear instantly and automatically turn pages.
  • Raiten 20 Jan 2012 18:29:53 116 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well with namco deciding to bring in Tales of Graces F to EU also, which is nice even if we can import it, it gives good hope for Tales of Xillia coming here also.
    Actualy, they had stated if the demand is high enough, it'll come.. so all that remains is gamers showing their support for such a great game series, and we'll get it.
  • uiruki 20 Jan 2012 19:09:40 3,762 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Graces F is a very good game, too. Not quite as much voice acting as Xillia, but still loads. Hopefully Namco won't bottle the dub and silence the skits this time around. Haha, who am I kidding? They're only the thing that separates Tales from other JRPGs in terms of character development.
  • uiruki 21 Jan 2012 13:33:13 3,762 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In actual game progress, I just got my second trophy after 22:15. God dammit Namco.
  • santashi 9 May 2012 22:00:26 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The next Tales game will be announced at their festival (2-3rd June). They've not even announced the platform yet (PS3 seems likely?).

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Zackv4861 10 May 2012 07:09:09 1,138 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fingers crossed. The more Tales games i can get my hands on the better.
  • santashi 10 May 2012 08:04:10 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yep, definitely! I'm hoping for a Sony console as being region free means that at least importing will be am option if nothing else.

• Armoured_Bear 6 Jul 2012 14:48:34 11,891 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just announced for Europe.
    The sequel too if it sells well.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• santashi 6 Jul 2012 15:52:54 5,167 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Good stuff! Still looking forward to Graces in August.

• StarchildHypocrethes 9 Jul 2012 17:16:00 26,599 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Couldn稚 be naffed to start a new thread, but thought I壇 pop in here to give a thumbs up to Tales of Graces f.

Around 10 hours or so in and although the overall feel of the game is around 45% gayer than Vesperia, with extra added massive eyes and friendship-based emo-ness for good measure, the actual game is a lot better. The plot moves along at a much more balanced pace and the new combat system is really rather good, even if I知 not entirely sure how the whole thing works just yet.
  • King_Edward 9 Jul 2012 21:42:45 11,471 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What new combat system? This may get me interested as I've never been a fan of the Tales combat.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 9 Jul 2012 22:18:28 26,599 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Based purely on Vesperia bring the only other Takes game I've played, The new system is a lot faster and more like a straight up brawler. It's based around a combo system and then a lot of dodging and blocking.

There's obviously more to it than that, but it's a fair change from the previous game. Plus there's no Karol.
  • Deleted user 9 July 2012 22:21:51
    Sounds...similar to say the least :D is it out here yet?
  • Page

of 17 First / Last