Do you own PC Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Bertie Senior Staff Writer, Eurogamer.net 13 Dec 2010 11:57:33 1,751 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If you do, I need your help.

Criterion isn't making the majority of premium downloadable content for PC.

What I'd love to know is this: did you think Criterion would?

Did you think Criterion would make the same amount of Hot Pursuit DLC for all three platforms when you bought the PC game?

If you did - why?

I genuinely don't know the outcome to this. I believe one thing and the truth may be another. The feedback I get here may be enough for me to take this to EA.

• FooAtari 13 Dec 2010 12:01:06 3,955 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't own the game. But I think it's a fair assumption when you buy a multi-format game that any DLC will be made available for all platforms the game was released on.

Now that I know Criterion don't plan on doing this, I certainly wouldn't buy the game now.
  • cianchristopher 13 Dec 2010 12:03:08 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't own it (as, for some reason, it's not on Steam) - but I'm not at all surprised.

They never made Big Surf Island available for the PC version of Burnout Paradise, and in fact, on their Twitter page several months ago, they stated that any enquiries as to the whereabouts of this DLC for the PC will go ignored.

Prtty obnoxious, tbh
  • bad09 13 Dec 2010 12:07:59 6,222 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's just they ways things are on PC Capcom did it with Resi 5. It could be PC gamers are used to mods so DLC is pointless (can you mod NFS?). Or it could be a lack of interest in the platform, that is not even hidden these days by many developers/publishers.

TBH I don't mind that much as DLC is rarely worth it so no DLC would not of affected me buying the game, lack of a demo killed my idea of going for it more than a lack of DLC milking.
  • shamblemonkee 13 Dec 2010 12:09:21 14,601 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I own it for 360, if for some reason i'd decided to buy for PC instead then yeah i'd be pretty pissed that I couldn't get the same addons as for PS3 and 360.

I'd expect a multi-platform release to be given like for like support, especially when coming from a giant publisher and a studio like Criterion.

That said i guess there's no entitlement to such content.

• FooAtari 13 Dec 2010 12:25:21 3,955 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    lack of a demo killed my idea of going for it

+1 no PC demo and the console one was time limited and I missed it, so couldn't even try it there, was the reason I didn't buy it until now.
  • mrpon 13 Dec 2010 12:26:47 29,436 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You could play the 360 demo offline by altering the system date.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• dsmx 13 Dec 2010 12:56:17 7,692 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would rather criterion instead made it so you could import your own cars into the game than make paid DLC available.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Dirtbox 13 Dec 2010 13:09:14 78,897 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I thought it's more that DLC traditionally doesn't sell well on PC versions of games due to modders adding more than the devs can. However the reason they give is bullshit as it's pretty much copy and paste for the most part. They're probably trying to push consoles as the platform of choice for a small monetary incentive.

I'm not particularly sad or surprised to see the DLC model fail on the PC tbh, but the reasons are divisive bullshit.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Deleted user 13 December 2010 13:10:40
    Seeing as the add-ons appear to be mostly new cars, and that there's no real distinguishable difference between any of them, I'm not too bothered.
  • roz123 13 Dec 2010 14:11:43 7,113 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    As well as mods PC games used to get a lot of free updated content from developers so it wouldn't surprised me if dlc dosnt sell well.
    It is a shame though for those who brought this game and want to buy the dlc aswell.
  • PearOfAnguish 13 Dec 2010 14:33:15 7,466 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm getting this game for PC, but wouldn't bother with DLC anyway unless it was really special. DLC is still mostly horse armour bullshit and I resent paying 5-10 for stuff that we used to get free, especially since PC games are so cheap.

Bethesda is a good example of how not to do it - gave away some nice little freebies for Morrowind, made two big expansions that were worth the money, and then Oblivion came along and they released some (mostly) shit DLC and a single decent expansion.

Better off waiting for GOTY editions now.
  • OnlyMe 13 Dec 2010 14:45:41 3,104 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    When I buy games, I buy them "as is". Everything I get extra is a bonus. I also don't like depending on mods to make a game enjoyable. If a game is not enjoyable out of the box, it certainly isn't worth spending money on supporting.
  • Jetset_UK 14 Dec 2010 22:17:02 3,569 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I own it. Not terribly bothered about DLC, as has been mentioned before, it's usually overpriced tosh.
  • Deleted user 14 December 2010 22:30:38
    Yes, other than maybe the odd time limited exclusive on the 360 for certain cars as seems common. Why? It seems reasonable to assume that with EA downloader in place for delivery, and the game being identical in features pretty much across all three formats, and all three formats sharing the same identical collectors edition, that the technical work required would not be massively different format to format.

With EA stating just last week that single player gaming is dead, removing the possibility of the majority of add on content for a major franchise seems contrary to that position. It's a stupid position anyway. And that PC users already face the harshest of anti piracy measures, and cannot trade the game or sell it on unlike console users, who can.
  • Donny 15 Dec 2010 00:00:44 1,491 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I own it. Didn't even know the game would have DLC and can't say I'm bothered that I won't be getting it.
  • dsmx 15 Dec 2010 00:08:40 7,692 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For those that are interested it is up on steam now, also I do have it on the PC so you can add me if you like as dsmx.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Page

of 1

Previous Next