• Page

of 86 First / Last

Previous
  • Rauha 12 Dec 2010 02:39:21 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Like you didn't know it was happening :p

Good news!

Debut trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-forza-motorsport/708346

Christmas 2011 seems likely.
  • Psychotext 12 Dec 2010 02:44:23 53,855 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like being able to have a proper look around the cars. I hope they've got that for a significant amount of vehicles rather than just a token few.
  • AaronTurner 12 Dec 2010 02:52:03 7,596 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If they reproduce the same poor excuse of a career mode I won't touch it with a barge pole.
  • Deleted user 12 December 2010 03:14:57
    Aren't all career modes in racers utter shite anyway, it's all about the multiplayer.

75 laps of the ring, here we go.
  • secombe 12 Dec 2010 08:07:39 1,328 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Livetext_beta_tester wrote:
    Aren't all career modes in racers utter shite anyway, it's all about the multiplayer.

75 laps of the ring, here we go.

Yup, which is why the decision to only allow custom single player races if you were connected to Live in Forza 3 was utterly ridiculous.

I hope that decision is reversed for F4, as the actual options if you were connected were superb.
  • altitude2k 12 Dec 2010 08:09:15 3,851 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've got Kinect, but I'm still really glad this is going to be a full Forza release, and not just Forza: Kinect.

Now, headtracking anyone?
  • EddieBear 12 Dec 2010 10:28:51 560 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Unless you've got 3 tvs in your set up, I don't see how headtracking would work.

Also, anyone else hugely relieved they've not called in Fourza?
  • Psychotext 12 Dec 2010 10:38:21 53,855 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    EddieBear wrote:
    Unless you've got 3 tvs in your set up, I don't see how headtracking would work.
    I'm assuming the people who say things like this have never actually tried headtracking. It amplifies the movements your head is making and works just fine.
  • WinterSnowblind 12 Dec 2010 10:39:50 1,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    If they reproduce the same poor excuse of a career mode I won't touch it with a barge pole.

I really liked the evolving calendar system they used, it was fun being able to dive right in using any car you wanted. But I do think it would benefit from having other events to work through ontop of that.

But frankly, all we need them to add is weather effects and night time races and they'll have already made a game that's better than GT5, so if they've really gone all out with this one with the goal of taking it down, they're going to be laughing.
  • LetsGo 12 Dec 2010 10:40:45 5,175 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How many cars are in it?
  • LetsGo 12 Dec 2010 10:40:45 5,175 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • EddieBear 12 Dec 2010 10:50:01 560 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    EddieBear wrote:
    I'm assuming the people who say things like this have never actually tried headtracking. It amplifies the movements your head is making and works just fine.

You're right, I haven't tried it and I didn't realise that it amplies your movements. Ignore me and carry on!
  • heyyo 12 Dec 2010 10:53:03 14,374 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LetsGo wrote:
    How many cars are in it?

1 more than GT5
  • altitude2k 12 Dec 2010 11:09:32 3,851 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    EddieBear wrote:

The Johnny Lee-esque style of headtracking looks far better. Gives a sense of depth too.
  • meggsy 12 Dec 2010 11:21:47 1,628 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mmmmm fourza.

I wonder if every car will have "Striptease" mode, or just a select few? If it creates a two-tier system at least the bottom level is still miles ahead of GT5 standard.

If we can't carry over DLC I'll be a little disappointed, or at least I'd like to see the DLC included from the off.

I'm trying not to get too hyped here, really struggling :D

3DS: 3454-0647-5991

• LeSpank 12 Dec 2010 11:36:52 483 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rallying would be a very nice addition. Seen as though it looks like we will never see another decent 'proper' rally game again!
  • graysonavich 12 Dec 2010 11:59:58 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Any official picnic support yet?
  • mcmonkeyplc 12 Dec 2010 12:03:15 39,387 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mad-hacker wrote:
    Hopefully they ditch the kinnect stuff. It will horribly unbalance the game

I doubt it.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Syrette 12 Dec 2010 12:28:12 43,107 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What is Kinnect?

• altitude2k 12 Dec 2010 12:36:28 3,851 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mad-hacker wrote:
    Hopefully they ditch the kinnect stuff. It will horribly unbalance the game

You wouldn't even like to try painting and styling your car using Kinect.
  • FooAtari 12 Dec 2010 13:30:05 3,955 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Logitech wheel support or no sale. You hear me Microsoft!
  • VandelayIndustries 12 Dec 2010 13:34:24 1,521 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    FooAtari wrote:
    Logitech wheel support or no sale. You hear me Microsoft!
  • Psychotext 12 Dec 2010 13:52:02 53,855 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Give it up, it's never going to happen. Here's what Logitech themselves had to say:

First, at this point in time, Logitech is not licensed by Microsoft to develop a force feedback steering wheel for Xbox 360 - only corded controllers. The DriveFX wheel is, effectively, an Xbox 360 controller that is shaped like a steering wheel and has a force feedback motor in place of the standard vibration motors.

Second, even if Logitech were licensed to make a force feedback wheel for Xbox 360, there are significant technical limitations which prevent these wheels from functioning on on Xbox 360. The Xbox 360 features controller and force feedback architectures (XID, device-based force feedback playback) that are significantly different from the way our wheels work on PC, PS2, or PS3 (HID, host-based force feedback playback). It is not possible to enable Xbox 360 functionality with a software or firmware update.

So short of MS allowing controllers without the authentication chip (not going to happen, for profit if not legal issues because of licensing agreements) and changing how force feedback is handled... no.
  • Psychotext 12 Dec 2010 13:55:53 53,855 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    WinterSnowblind wrote:
    But frankly, all we need them to add is weather effects and night time races...
    After using them in GT5... I realised that I just dont want them. Well, unless they do a shitload better job of implementing them than GT5 did anyway.

Oddly I enjoyed that in PGR4, but the frame rate drops, tearing, shit headlights and ugly (really ugly) effects in night / rain races in GT5 have really turned me off it. I love the time of day changes though, mostly just for sunrise / sunset which looks awesome. :)
  • shamblemonkee 12 Dec 2010 15:12:25 14,276 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The weather in f1 2010 is how it should be done
  • Khanivor 12 Dec 2010 15:41:53 40,402 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The racing crown is now Forza's to lose. PD have left the door wide-open and seeing as Turn 10 has presumably heard of project management they should be able to cruise it.

Some decent wheel support would be nice.

I look forward with great anticipation to kinect car washing.

If they do include rally perhaps with kinect the player could be the codriver.
  • AaronTurner 12 Dec 2010 17:07:41 7,596 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Livetext_beta_tester wrote:

Just because previous racing game career modes have been poor doesn't mean they all have to be in the future. With that kind of attitude we wouldn't have moved forward from Space Invaders.

I think they need to create a world that is far more involving than the current one. At the moment it feels like the world is a series of single races provided to you for the simple task of making money, buying a faster car and racing the same race with a faster car. It's not exciting in any way and is a total grind fest.

What they need is a world far more like Football Managers, a world with replicas of F1, DTM, BTCC, WTCC, WRC, Nascar etc. Obviously I'm not saying they need to purchase all these as licences, I'm saying they need a similar tier system with real goals. These championships should all be updating throughout the season, even when you aren't racing in them, so that you can see the drivers that you want to match up to in future races. The Forza team need to get away from these generic "4WD league" or whatever forgettable name they call it and focus on creating some really interesting perpetual championships.

There's no reason that the player couldn't start of in local amatuer leagues at small tracks with cheap cars before progressing to national level touring car style championships, to open wheelers, to F1 style world championships. There certainly no reason not to with the financial backing of MS.

To be honest, it's an addition like this that will get me to buy the next Forza, not 100 new cars and 5 new tracks.
  • Page

of 86 First / Last

Previous