Mass Effect 3 Page 89

• Page

of 99 First / Last

• ecureuil 31 May 2012 12:46:07 76,661 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    About the quarians.. was it ever made clear that they're basically humans, before this game? That Tali photo reveal was a bit disappointing.
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Jun 2012 18:20:11 10,511 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I love the email I just received from Wrex "We're off to save the Turians now, since apparently they forgot how to hold a gun"

Superb.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Bombonera 7 Jun 2012 18:35:32 344 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So which of the er, final romance scenes was your favorite? I've watched all of them including the straight, gay and lesbian ones. I really like the femshep/Kaidan one. Also quite like Liara's maleShep and femShep scenes.
  • sirtacos 8 Jun 2012 20:36:58 7,272 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ^ They all seemed pretty awkward to me.
  • Deleted user 8 June 2012 20:39:59
    They are all very awkward! Some v cheesy.
  • King_Edward 11 Jun 2012 19:05:48 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is From Ashes worth playing?
  • Petrarch 11 Jun 2012 19:07:53 3,425 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    From Ashes gives quite a bit of insight into the Protheans to the extent that it should have been in the game to begin with rather than DLC so it's worth a look for the bigger picture.
  • ecureuil 11 Jun 2012 19:13:14 76,661 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It should definitely have been in the game to begin with. They'll tell you it was developed after the main game was finished, blah blah blah, it's bullshit imo. They did deliberately rip out an important storyline so they could have it as paid DLC. But yes it's worth playing, you'll have to decide whether you want to support such practices.
  • King_Edward 11 Jun 2012 20:04:51 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hmm. Maybe wait for a sale.
  • ZuluHero 11 Jun 2012 21:22:40 4,096 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    About the quarians.. was it ever made clear that they're basically humans, before this game? That Tali photo reveal was a bit disappointing.
    Yep. Well, except for the penguin hands and the goat-esque legs. I still love her though. She was cute in 1. Her admiration for me gave me a lump in my throat in 2. And her love for me touched me in 3. She had some really great dialogue, often funny, sometimes sad, but I hung of every word.
  • BTBAM 12 Jun 2012 18:44:10 1,557 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished the game last night.

Took my far longer than ME1 or ME2, didn't grip me quite as much but I am a lot busier than when I was a student bum so I won't hold it against the game. I really got into it.

Few things re: the ending. The conversation between Anderson, Shepard and the Illusive Man was embarassing. God it was so shit. Really cringeworthy. I wanted to skip through it, the dialogue and scripting was way off.

I didn't think the boy was the creator, just a metaphor for something else. Am I right? I mean it's probably really obvious but my attention is so poor I miss so much of the story of these games.

Anyway I chose to destroy the synthetics. But by the time I'd stumbled to the right side I couldn't be fucked to walk back to the other one to choose the other option. Does Shepard die either way?

Felt jealous when Joker and Tali got out of the craft. Wankers.

LOVED the scene with the old man and the little girl. Beautifully shot and really liked the little metaphor.

Anyway, I'm satisfied. Was waiting to hate the ending but I liked it and really enjoyed the whole game.
  • ecureuil 12 Jun 2012 18:46:17 76,661 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Might want to give this thread a good read, BTBAM.
  • BTBAM 12 Jun 2012 18:53:47 1,557 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh yeah, I remember that now. Duh! Thanks!
  • anon_ 14 Jun 2012 01:13:03 211 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Recently completed Mass Effect (for the second time) and Mass Effect 3. Currently playing through Mass Effect 2 again.

I can conclude: ME3>ME2>>ME
  • ecureuil 14 Jun 2012 01:54:46 76,661 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    anon_ wrote:
    Recently completed Mass Effect (for the second time) and Mass Effect 3. Currently playing through Mass Effect 2 again.

I can conclude: ME3>ME2>>ME
    I agree, but I'm going to play through them again and my opinion might change. It may also depend on what they do with 3's ending..
  • anon_ 14 Jun 2012 04:39:01 211 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Before Mass Effect 3 came out, I was in this thread wondering if Mass Effect 2 had lost some of the magic that Mass Effect had, and gone too far the way of the mindless shooter.

And then I actually played ME again. Quickly followed by ME3, and now I'm playing ME2 again.

ME is still a top game, but next to its successors, some of the gameplay elements are a bit ropey, to say the least, and despite popular opinion to the contrary, it's actually no less of a shooter* tbh...

Also, their cinematic presentation and production values are of a noticeably higher quality.

Just goes to show about rose-tinted glasses, eh?

*Disclaimer: I don't go too deep into the character/weapon customization side of things to be honest, so maybe that's where ME's 'true RPG' roots really shine...
  • King_Edward 14 Jun 2012 07:39:50 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ME had the best story (just). ME2 had the best 'moments'. ME3 is the best game. If that makes sense.
  • anon_ 14 Jun 2012 07:59:32 211 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No, that makes sense. ME has the most narrow and focused story (once it gets going!), ME2 is a often a collection of individual stories into which the over-arching narrative (the Collector threat!) interjects itself periodically, whilst ME3 falls somewhere between the two.

Again, disclaimer: I don't generally do side quests, so the above opinions are based on mostly sticking to the campaign missions
  • Aretak 14 Jun 2012 08:29:04 10,350 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The original has the best atmosphere, story and characters IMO, which are the things that matter to me most in an RPG. I've always been extremely forgiving of the actual gameplay being a bit rough around the edges in any title if those things are good enough. Dragon Age is another prime example, with the original being extremely unpolished and clunky, yet still a far, far better experience than the slick, highly produced sequel.
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Jun 2012 22:03:57 10,511 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Some of the difficulty spikes in this are ridiculous.
    The end of rannoch up the elevator is kicking my arse big time...

• King_Edward 15 Jun 2012 22:10:40 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What are you playing as?  I'm pretty sure the infiltrator's been nerfed since the second game. I'm really struggling.
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Jun 2012 22:31:44 10,511 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Adept, which is mostly great, I have Liara and Tali with me....

• Aretak 15 Jun 2012 23:11:18 10,350 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The part you mention should be pretty easy. Use Sabotage over and over on each of the Primes until they become immune to keep them busy while you blast away with the heavy weapons scattered around the area. Revive anyone who goes down straight away so they can continue to serve as a decoy and spam biotic explosions to take them down quickly (should be easy with an Adept and Liara).
  • jellyhead 19 Jun 2012 13:56:02 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just started ME3 section of my ME binge. Played ME, ME2 & now ME3 back-to-back.

Only real gripe so far is that Janet Shepard looks like she's been run over by the ugly bus in ME3. I have a face code for ME & Me2 and they look fine but when i put it into ME3... i almost boked.

She's a chubby faced freak who looks like she can smell a faint whiff of poo all the time. I tried to put up with it in-game but i'm going to have to reimport and tweak her tonight.

Also Adepts are aces! Tried Vanguard, didn't like it. Soldier was a bit boring, adept was supposed to be tough but i've had no problems especially at the start with my level 30 import Shep.

See Husk, Throw Husk :)

This signature intentionally left blank.

• ecureuil 19 Jun 2012 14:06:02 76,661 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My tactic as engineer:

/Deploy my Combat Drone
    /Deploy Tali's Combat Drone
    /Send out EDI's decoy
    /Throw my turret
    /Deploy Tali's Defense Drone
    /Deploy my Defense Drone
    /Sabotage enemy turret
    /Go and make a cup of tea

Edited by ecureuil at 14:07:03 19-06-2012
  • jellyhead 19 Jun 2012 14:28:23 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Adept:

Chuck Singularity at a chokepoint.
    Throw/Pull the floaty lads then add Warp or Reave :)

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Zizoo 19 Jun 2012 14:42:14 8,258 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Soldier:

Shoot everyone...

Not as fun.
  • Garfy 19 Jun 2012 14:50:38 681 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Soldier:

Shoot everyone...

Not as fun.
    Slo-mo Headshoting, pretty fun.
  • Aretak 19 Jun 2012 15:14:12 10,350 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've been playing the PS3 version over the past couple of days since I've decided to sell my 360, and I'm surprised there wasn't more of a stink about how poor the port is. It's right up there with Bayonetta in terms of the worst PS3 ports of this generation IMO. The framerate is horrific, even on the outdoor maps in the multiplayer. Against Cerberus with their smoke grenades it regularly dips down to near-unplayable levels.
  • nickthegun 19 Jun 2012 15:15:53 59,365 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I played this one as soldier. Liara throws singularity at a bunch of bad guys = fish in a barrel.

I preferred soldier to the vanguard and adept I played in the last two even though it made it incredibly easy.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Page

of 99 First / Last