Mass Effect 3

• Page

of 94 First / Last

Previous
  • INSOMANiAC 9 Dec 2010 23:40:05 3,788 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Has multiplayer??

http://www.vg247.com/2010/11/20/sony-russia-biowares-vga-reveal-to-be-mass-effect-3/

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• ecureuil 9 Dec 2010 23:42:26 76,011 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's not what the article says.
  • Deleted user 9 December 2010 23:42:32
    If handled correctly, I don't really see an issue with this. Could be good fun

Also ME2 is a dumb down version of ME1
  • INSOMANiAC 9 Dec 2010 23:43:17 3,788 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    this one does

http://www.vg247.com/2010/12/09/rumor-mass-effect-3-to-be-shown-at-vgas-has-multiplayer/

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• ecureuil 9 Dec 2010 23:43:54 76,011 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A co-op multiplayer spin-off is a great idea. Like Borderlands.

ME3 will remain single player and close off the story.
  • heyyo 9 Dec 2010 23:44:01 14,374 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Only time will tell.
  • Deleted user 9 December 2010 23:47:02
    I'll be playing ME multiplayer on ps3 :) Who'd of thunk it.
  • INSOMANiAC 9 Dec 2010 23:48:05 3,788 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well Mass Effect 2 was a dumbed down, poorer version of ME1 so why not throw in some tacked on multiplayer, take all the rpg elements out and fuck the series once and for all.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• ecureuil 9 Dec 2010 23:50:40 76,011 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    Well Mass Effect 2 was a dumbed down, poorer version of ME1

No it wasn't. It was Mass Effect 1 with all the shit bits removed.
  • INSOMANiAC 9 Dec 2010 23:52:04 3,788 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    no, it wasn't

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Murby 10 Dec 2010 01:05:00 235 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There's only one way to settle this.....
  • trip919 10 Dec 2010 01:09:42 2,249 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    'Rumours suggested may be a Mass Effect multiplayer spin-off.'

That sounds totally shit to me.
  • Genji 10 Dec 2010 01:31:13 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Murby wrote:
    There's only one way to settle this.....
    A hug?

/hugs
  • lavalant 10 Dec 2010 01:36:30 1,249 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    INSOMANiAC wrote:

No it wasn't. It was Mass Effect 1 with all the RPG bits removed.

there you gooo.
  • dsmx 10 Dec 2010 01:38:50 7,412 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mass Effect 1 felt like an RPG whereas Mass Effect 2 felt like a 3rd person shooter. At least that's the impression I had as I went through both games.

The first game had far more depth to the combat and far more choice in everything, the second game streamlined everything to make it more accessible and more fun for more people.

At least that was my impression anyway.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• ecureuil 10 Dec 2010 01:49:11 76,011 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They're both RPGs, ME2 just cut out all the pointless shit such as money that was useless and a million billion copypasta weapons that served to fill up your inventory and little else. That's some great RPG there, that is. In terms of traditional RPG character development and combat, both games are RPG-lite and mainstream-accessible.

The second has better dialogue and dialogue trees, better voice acting, better character story development, better locations, better combat, better team utilisation, is more atmospheric, and is just basically superior in every category. The first perhaps has better music, but that's about it. I think the first game draws a lot of nostalgia from people, and that's why they rate it higher, but outside of the citadel it was very bland and forgettable. The first game is good, the second is great.
  • Genji 10 Dec 2010 01:50:55 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What "depth" to the combat did the first game have? I barely even needed to take cover.
  • Genji 10 Dec 2010 01:52:10 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also, no Mako bits means the second game is better. :)

Although I did like some of the Firewalker missions.
  • ecureuil 10 Dec 2010 01:58:27 76,011 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The second had the planet scanning, which wasn't a whole lot better. But you didn't really have to do it much anyway, plus planet scanning took far less time, so it was a marginal improvement.
  • Genji 10 Dec 2010 02:15:33 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, it took way, way less time. You only really had to scan the Rich planets to get enough minerals for everything.

And no more driving around to find anomalies! \o/
  • Scimarad 10 Dec 2010 05:40:03 8,500 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    lavalant wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    INSOMANiAC wrote:

No it wasn't. It was Mass Effect 1 with all the all the crap inventory management and mountains of identical loot removed.

there you gooo.

Re-fixed!

Why do people think faffing around in an inventory = roleplaying. Surely the roleplaying bits were the conversations and they were better in the sequel. The only crap decision was removing the vehicle exploration sections and replacing them with a crappy scanner rather than actually doing it right this time.
  • Articulate-Troll 10 Dec 2010 05:55:37 3,104 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Inventory management can add a lot of depth to an RPG, if the items offer genuine tactical alternatives. In the case of Mass Effect however, you were really just upgrading weapons so it made sense to streamline the process.
  • Genji 10 Dec 2010 06:21:15 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes, it was ridiculous to have a dozen Katana V and 10 Katana IV shotguns or whatever, carting them around to sell for money you can't even spend on anything. So much clutter. :(
  • sirtacos 10 Dec 2010 07:21:41 7,205 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    INSOMANiAC wrote:

This.

Original statement does not compute. How the fuck could anyone think thus is a mystery. The original inventory faffing about was absolute bollocks and I'm glad they did away with it... even though I admittedly would have preferred a more in-depth non-crap inventory system that actually gave you more choice with regards to equipment and loot. But I prefer not having any choice at all than having ME1's tedious micromanagement of endlessly similar poop, like Genji said.
  • lostlain 10 Dec 2010 07:48:05 35 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm just more surprised that people think Mass Effect 1 was an RPG!? It was always more of an adventure game with shooty bits, except the adventuring wasn't RPG enough to be an RPG and the shooter bits weren't tight enough to be a good shooter. So for the second they had to take it in some direction. I really enjoyed both, but the second felt like a better game (even if the plot got slightly silly)
    After playing both Dragons age and the Mass Effect games i'd dare say that Bioware are a lot better at "dumbed down" action games with rpg-light elements. Than a full blown RPG. For all it's hype talking about how DA would be returning to Baldurs Gate style game, anyone who remembers Baldurs Gate will agree that Dragons Age doesn't come close.
  • OnlyMe 10 Dec 2010 08:08:36 3,104 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've only played 5 minutes of Baldur's Gate 2, and I still had more fun than I had during the several hours of playtime in Dragon Age I had to suffer through before I decided it was asboring as dry bread. But it being a more RPG than Mass Effect 2 had nothing to do with it.

Mass Effect 2 felt like a level-based action game, and missed a lot of the same feel of ME1. I'd say the overall story and the structure of the game was a lot better than ME2. Gameplay wise, the move to a more action based game was an improvement over the gameplay in ME1, but that was mostly because it was tighter.

I'd compare the difference (in gameplay) between ME1 and ME2 is kinda like the difference between TES: Morrowind and TES: Oblivion. A lot of stuff was dumbed down/simplified, but the controls and gameplay was tighter. A lot of stuff in Morrowind was much better than in Oblivion, but the gameplay was not one of them. Just like ME1 vs ME2.
  • Lexx87 10 Dec 2010 08:47:02 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    INSOMANiAC wrote:

A billion times this.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Genji 10 Dec 2010 09:08:55 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dumbed down? Seriously? All they did was unclutter the weaponary and upgrades so you're not carting loads of crap around, and making the skills bars shorter, so you see more result for each skill increase.

I wouldn't even call it "simplified". More like "streamlined". ME1 was needlessly complex. Not "deep" - just confusing and annoying.

I liked it, by the way. Wouldn't have finished it otherwise. But imo ME2 is better in just about every way that's important.
  • INSOMANiAC 10 Dec 2010 09:53:04 3,788 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It saddens me to see so many wrong people all in one place.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Genji 10 Dec 2010 09:57:18 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Which ones are wrong?

Me?

;_;
  • Page

of 94 First / Last

Previous