Manly activities that men do Page 20

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• morriss 28 Jul 2013 23:21:27 70,748 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Real man dig earth on to wheelbarrow to lay garden patio, then wheelbarrow to car trailer, then car trailer to the skip. Rinse/repeat for two full days in this heat. Fuck me I'm fucking knackered.

/man
  • Razz 28 Jul 2013 23:42:26 59,982 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I had a good manly day today.

I bought a big bag of cement and some different sized trowels!

Had to fill in under one of our adjoining back fences. My neighbours recently got a pool, the water from it leaks into our garden when they're splashing about.

Mixed up the cement onto big paving slab and got layering, it's quite a cathartic process laying cement. I can really see the appeal of masonry! At first, I was just slapping it on but then I started to try to make it look as pretty as possible and ended up with a nice result that I'm really proud of. No more leakage! But managed to get cement over my favourite shorts :(

Next I sorted out all the squeaky doors in the house, took off all the handles and pulled out locks, opened them up and oiled all the springs inside and replaced old shitty ones. Now all the doors (11 of them!) are on stealth mode!

Now I'm enjoying a rare cooked steak and beer. I can actually feel the hairs growing on my chest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• skuzzbag 11 Aug 2013 23:20:11 5,482 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Today I sanded an old table with a drill attachment.... with my top off.
  • Deleted user 11 August 2013 23:23:32
    Hoooo ah !
  • EMarkM 11 Aug 2013 23:41:06 3,133 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gave my brother-in-law's Victorinox Huntsman the full five star EMarkM service.

It was a hammer this afternoon. It is now clean and shaving sharp.
  • Psychotext 12 Aug 2013 00:03:40 52,772 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    More tree cutting for me today.

I have a proper redneck thing going on too (the actual red neck part rather than the default racism).
  • captain_markyboy 12 Aug 2013 07:23:13 194 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Knocking one out as soon as you have the house to yourself.
  • magicpanda 12 Aug 2013 09:26:14 13,006 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    captain_markyboy wrote:
    On the Big Telly!
  • captain_markyboy 12 Aug 2013 10:49:00 194 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh yes!
  • CharlieStCloud 12 Aug 2013 11:30:07 4,660 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    captain_markyboy wrote:
    Did that every now and again ...

... albeit when I was a horny teenager!

: )
  • crashVoodoo 14 Aug 2013 10:29:04 3,821 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Finally decided that the TV and all the gear underneath has to be tidy. Fed up of seeing all the untidy wires and they were covered in dust as its a pain in the ass pulling it all out to clean. Decided I wanted it all mounted on the wall. A studded wall.

Planned it all out working out the spacing between my wall timbers and also what wires needed running up the wall, including power. Ordered a 2 brushplates for my cables from amazon and screwfix. From ebay some sweet 3 meter 4k HDMI cables (only a fiver each, I'm not a fucking idiot) and a magic eye for the sky box.

I bought some wood and built some custom shelving under the stairs with plenty of space for heat dissipation as the router, Wii, sky and xboxen 360 and one are set to move in.

Measured all the walls and cut some holes for my back boxes. Did the same under the stairs too. I wired in the power sockets under the stairs, essentially like a fixed extension lead so it can be isolated easily and run all the wires in for the boxes.

Mounted the TV bracket with mahoosive screws straight into the joists. Overkill but I could probably hang a truck on the wall safely. Hooked everything up and done .. Well for now.

Currently it has the magic eye and apple TV sat on top of the tv but these will eventually sit on a shelf underneath alongside a kinect.

http://m.imgur.com/a9D4Ngj

#manpoints

Edited by crashVoodoo at 10:31:22 14-08-2013

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• Benno 14 Aug 2013 10:33:47 9,386 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Custom shelving?

/man nod
  • Mr_Sleep 10 Oct 2013 18:48:40 16,221 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just installed a heated towel rail, replacing the radiator. All went ok until I switched the water on and then had leaks, took some sorting out but success is mine.

You are a factory of sadness.

• reggy72 10 Oct 2013 19:40:45 200 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Proper manly day today, finally finished after about 10 days of swearing/sweat and hard graft an internal scaffold structure inside a fully enclosed shit tank at a sewerage works for structural repairs, fully suited with breathing equipment and gas meters, our access is 1m dia inspection hatch onto a convex floor which slopes down to a cone full of all the shite we flush down our drains, its only partially cleaned so fucking stinks, even with our plastic insta weight loss dehydration suits and masks you end up still smelling like a turd.
    Mind you 300 per day for this kind of hell hole work makes it worth it(twice my normal day rate)
  • cheeky_prawnking 10 Oct 2013 19:59:34 3,794 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I have clearing stuff, redecorating and will be laying a wooden floor soon. Should I feel manly?
  • Mr_Sleep 10 Oct 2013 20:19:00 16,221 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I received chocolate for my manly activity.

You are a factory of sadness.

• cheeky_prawnking 10 Oct 2013 20:45:02 3,794 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It is for my missus.
  • Bremenacht 10 Oct 2013 21:04:54 15,741 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Had to fill in under one of our adjoining back fences. My neighbours recently got a pool, the water from it leaks into our garden when they're splashing about.

Mixed up the cement onto big paving slab and got layering, it's quite a cathartic process laying cement. I can really see the appeal of masonry! At first, I was just slapping it on but then I started to try to make it look as pretty as possible and ended up with a nice result that I'm really proud of. No more leakage! But managed to get cement over my favourite shorts :(
    I felt good just reading that. Even with the bits about making it pretty and getting cement on shorts, I still read it and thought "Yeah."

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• DrStrangelove 10 Oct 2013 23:33:23 2,538 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Drank four litres of apple wine. Not cidre, which is half apple wine and half pussy, but actual apple wine.
  • mal 3 Nov 2013 23:57:36 21,930 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't think I'll ever do anything that's worth three pies.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Salaman 4 Nov 2013 09:29:22 18,237 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I drove loads, at night, when it was raining, through France's Bretagne and Normandie, over unlit motorways, with my daughter asleep in the back seat and a woman next to me curled up in the passenger's seat.

I think it should count as I'm shit at all the other stuff that requires being handy with tools and shit.
  • CharlieStCloud 4 Nov 2013 09:50:02 4,660 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Braving the Post Office queue first thing on Monday morning.

... pensioners and parcel toting folks ahoy!

Had to wait almost TWENTY minutes before I got to the front.

I am so manly.

(>o.o)>
  • Mr-Brett 4 Nov 2013 09:52:22 12,676 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's only manly if you shrugged off sensible ideas like taking regular stops.

Portable view - Never forget.

• nickthegun 4 Nov 2013 09:58:39 55,848 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Least manly thing ever:

I took my daughter to her schools bring and buy sale on saturday.

Other mum: Oh, Hi! Is your wife not with you?
    Me: No.. shes at home re-grouting the bath
    Other mum: *raises eyebrow* .......

HIGH FIVE FOR TOTAL EMASCULATION!

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• mrpon 4 Nov 2013 10:05:51 27,640 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago

Edited by mrpon at 10:06:01 04-11-2013

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• mrpon 4 Nov 2013 10:05:51 27,640 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I re-configured my network setup on Saturday, comprising of router, modem, zonebridge, nas and powerlan adapters.

I totally nailed it first time and now my 1080p mkvs stream perfectly to the TV.

Beat that women.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Page

of 22 First / Last