Chance to win $500 by playing and completing a (good!) iPhone game

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • cheeky_Spaghetti 5 Dec 2010 12:35:48 17 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    A game called RasherBasher on the iPhone is running a contest to win $500 US dollars.

Gamers have to use their skill to finish the entire game before December 31 2010 and take three screenshots each of levels eight, nine and 10 and one of the final screen to be in with a chance.

There are more details of the contest at www.rasherbasher.com including the email address you need to send entries to and the game is available at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rasherbasher/id400083297?mt=8

Really, really sorry to be cheeky and post this up in a forum but we thought it may be of interest to a few people out there. The game is certainly a fun challenge. We're just finding it really hard to get the message out but hey, that's our problem. So many apologies if anyone is offended by the posting.

If anyone could help us and Tweet this or Facebook it or whatever, we'd be so grateful.
  • kadooosh 5 Dec 2010 12:37:53 1,196 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Why would ppl be offended?
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Dec 2010 12:38:26 36,269 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm going to help by not instantly putting you on Global Ignore.

You're welcome.

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• cheeky_Spaghetti 5 Dec 2010 12:39:13 17 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Because it's kind of advertising. I know some don't like it. But I hope people forgive us this one time. And thanks DDevil.
  • Inquisitor Moderator 5 Dec 2010 12:40:08 14,545 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can't see any problem, it's relevant at least, hope you get a few more entries.
  • LionheartDJH 5 Dec 2010 12:42:20 19,295 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    $500? What's that, about 50 these days? NO DEAL!

;). Nah good luck with it, I'd do it for you, but I don't own one of these fancy Swiss Army phones.

She dives for cheese pasties

• cheeky_Spaghetti 5 Dec 2010 12:44:21 17 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's all we can afford unfortunately. It's just over 300.

Just seen your spoiler, LionheartDJH. ;)
  • kadooosh 5 Dec 2010 12:47:33 1,196 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think that awesome, what other game developer awards you with REAL MONEY for playing a game you would normally do
    Just to enjoy.

Miserable shits.
  • nickthegun 5 Dec 2010 12:50:20 55,848 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Try giving the game away free for 24hrs. Nothing spreads the word among internet vermin like free stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• nickthegun 5 Dec 2010 12:50:22 55,848 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Inquisitor Moderator 5 Dec 2010 12:52:59 14,545 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kadooosh wrote:
    I think that awesome, what other game developer awards you with REAL MONEY for playing a game you would normally do
    Just to enjoy.

Miserable shits.

Who exactly is this addressed to? Everyone that's posted so far has wished the competition the best of luck...
  • kadooosh 5 Dec 2010 13:02:44 1,196 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ok actually, I didn't see the spoiler (iPhone app) and now feel a bit of douche.

Apologies, please continue.. Haha
  • Shikasama 5 Dec 2010 13:39:06 6,272 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The question is:

Do you sell cheap trainers and sports jerseys?

On a serious note: Out of curiosity, what swayed you towards a promotion of this nature? Seems like a fair amount of money for a company doing an iphone app to give away. Not complaining of course, just curious.
  • Phily50 5 Dec 2010 13:43:52 2,196 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What is the game about, and how much is it?

\too lazy to click link
  • Lexx87 5 Dec 2010 13:45:45 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fuck it it's only 59p. Bought.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Lexx87 5 Dec 2010 13:49:09 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Quite like it actually

Speak the truth hussy!

• cheeky_Spaghetti 5 Dec 2010 13:55:11 17 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    The question is:

Do you sell cheap trainers and sports jerseys?

On a serious note: Out of curiosity, what swayed you towards a promotion of this nature? Seems like a fair amount of money for a company doing an iphone app to give away. Not complaining of course, just curious.

Maybe we could give away a cheap replica sport shirt and Dunlop trainers in a Summer promo. ;)

Seriously, though, we sincerely felt it would be good to do something a bit different in December which would actually give something back to gamers and reward skill. Too many contests and competitions are all about chance and luck and, when playing games, we often think it would nice to be given a chance of a physical reward for our virtual efforts. So we felt that with our game, we'd do just that. :)
  • Lexx87 5 Dec 2010 13:57:18 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Onto Level 3!

:p

I hate the stupid pig I must admit why did you guys choose him :p

Speak the truth hussy!

• cheeky_Spaghetti 5 Dec 2010 15:43:11 17 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    Onto Level 3!

:p

I hate the stupid pig I must admit why did you guys choose him :p

We actually came up with the name of the game half-way through the project and we thought, okay if this thing is going to rhyme and make some sense, we're going to need some pigs and a really swill story. :)

I just want to say a massive thanks for all your support on this thread. We really, really, really mean that.
  • Pirotic Moderator 5 Dec 2010 17:14:59 20,646 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just a quick bump to say the game is far better than it looks. At first I didn't have a clue what was up with the weird mechanics - him bouncing around and just moving up and down? but after a few seconds it clicked. Quite original and a decent idea for some old school precision based gameplay.
  • Lexx87 5 Dec 2010 17:29:25 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah I like it a lot!

Speak the truth hussy!

• Shikasama 6 Dec 2010 12:39:14 6,272 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thanks for answering ym question Cheeky_Spaghetti. I'll grab this on the girlfriends iPhone tonight based on Pirotics and Lexx's recommendations.

May the wrath of Thor himself descend upon you both if I don't like it though *shakey fist*
  • cheeky_Spaghetti 8 Dec 2010 12:31:28 17 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hi Shikasama. I hope Pirotics and Lexx haven't felt Thor's wrath. :)
  • Shikasama 8 Dec 2010 13:11:26 6,272 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    They can stay wrath free for now!

I did download it and had a go and it was decent. I had a couple of issues though which I'll put down as a bit of feedback. I don't use an iphone often so it is probably that regular iphone gamers wouldn't experience the same problems but:

- The tutorial screen didn't really help me at all. I could see what it was telling me but it didn't really give me much help as to how the game worked. If anything it made it look like you could switch directions on the fly without being banged off a wall. I think a video with pop up text might have been a bit clearer, or some text on slides maybe.

- I seemed to change direction without being hit off a wall randomely while I'd be tapping, however, whenever I tried to do it on purpose I could never pull it off. I THINK it happened when I held down on the screen too long but whenever I tried to do it to rescue myself it never worked.

- That button to return to the main menu in the middle of the screen was really annoying. I only got to level four but because of my spaz tapping I was returned to the main menu a number of times, once when I had nearly completed the level. I think the button should either be removed, or perhaps pause the game and ask if you want to go to the main menu because then at least you don't lose your progress.

- Sometimes the range of the spinning blades seemed bigger than the graphic, but that might well be my own mind trying to make up excuses for poor play.

Those were the main negative points I had about the game. In general it was pretty entertaining, I certainly don't feel like you owe me 59p spaghetti! I think it would be ideal for short bouts of playing (as opposed to something like Angry Birds that can develop into a session), it's great for waiting for a bus or something like that.

Come back and tell us about your next project! I think the title of the thread might have put people off looking in, its a shame more people haven't posted. If you can tell us at all, has the game performed to your expectations sales wise? It must be a right arse trying to get seen on the Appstore.
  • cheeky_Spaghetti 8 Dec 2010 15:53:42 17 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Do you think the title of the thread may have been a bit too advertisey (if that's a word)? I really appreciate the feedback. Food for thought, certainly, for when we produce the next update.

I would say the most difficult part of producing an iPhone game (this one took us eight months) is getting the exposure and persuading reviewers and websites to notice it but we fully understand that they will have numerous requests each day and there's no way we can all get the coverage.

The feedback we've have had has been amazing, though, which is really encouraging and that in itself has definitely made it worth doing. Just seeing the comments on here was awesome and it has all gone to confirm what we always felt: that the vast majority of gamers are the most helpful, intelligent and open minded people on the planet.
  • Lexx87 9 Dec 2010 10:15:48 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Level 6 is a bitch!!! Did in that night but those spinning pig tail things Argh! Annoying :p

I think I can do level 7 only had a small go.

For the comp you just want a screen of any part of level 8 9 10? Or the winning dance?

Also guys Level 7 is bugged. The second switch does not open the middle door everytime. About half the times it doesn't open it forcing you to restart the level.

Also the end of level 7 I was so close :( stupid red sun things

Speak the truth hussy!

• Jazzy_Geoff 9 Dec 2010 10:29:16 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • cheeky_Spaghetti 9 Dec 2010 20:47:30 17 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hi Lexx87. It just needs a screenshot of any part of levels eight, nine and 10 plus one of the final end-game screen. So glad you're enjoying the game. :) Don't forget, full instructions and terms of the contest are at rasherbasher.com and the winner, selected at random from the successfully submitted entries, will be announced after the competition ends on December 31 2010 so there is still plenty of time to enter.
  • Lexx87 9 Dec 2010 20:51:09 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah I am! On the last level now :)

Those stupid spinning things that bounce around the map as they get hit by the blocks you bash around are so annoying :p

Speak the truth hussy!

• cheeky_Spaghetti 9 Dec 2010 23:07:27 17 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's not an easy game which shows what an accomplished gamer you are Lexx87. We're so pleased you're having a great time with it.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous