Prototype 2 Page 3

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• StarchildHypocrethes 29 Apr 2012 19:51:32 26,143 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I'm enjoying it too. They've basically kept the framework of the original that provided the fun and then ironed out the majority of the kinks and annoyances that held it back.
  • maxb 29 Apr 2012 19:56:23 165 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My thoughts too,it's still far from perfect but far better than the first game although I do keep thinking was the first better than I remember.
  • shamblemonkee 29 Apr 2012 20:07:52 14,486 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    what's not to like about leaping over a rocket in slow motion, jumping in to the air and entangling a helicopter in goop, cars, people and er, a bench to bring it down in a fiery ball, whilst deflecting another rocket back at its point of origin. Laughing your arse off, switching ID and sauntering off as if nothing just happened.

=D

Edited by shamblemonkee at 20:08:36 29-04-2012
  • maxb 29 Apr 2012 21:10:46 165 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    When you say it like that it sounds like the most fun you could ever have playing a game.
    Sod this i'm going to go play some more!
  • DUFFMAN5 29 Apr 2012 23:46:12 14,980 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm at 45% and I am/have been really enjoying it. Playing on normal. Have done the various side missions on the Yellow and Green zones, I think I must be getting near to opening up the red zone. Just unlocked "leader of the pack"
    The only thing that is pissing me off, is that I sometimes get the buttons mixed up and instead of "eating a dude" (that sounds so wrong!) with the yellow arm over his head, to get the upgrade I end up killing him :(

It reminds me a lot of Crackdown 2, esp the Lairs, almost identical in that manner.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• DUFFMAN5 2 May 2012 08:14:38 14,980 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just posted this in completed games thread:

Prototype 2 on 360
    Skill: Normal
    Time: Maybe 15 hours ?
    Newgame + option: YES (all games should have!)
    Thoughts:

Had loads of fun with the game. I never played the first (although I have it now, so will do soon) The powers and upgrades are excellent fun, a fair amount of collecting various odds and sods, which I did. It is a bit samey, but then by their nature most games are. Lots of grownup swearing...I played in my "games room" with headphone on, not a game for my kiddies.

The 3 city areas are all of a nice size and the fact you get to fly hele's later on (which btw handle lovely)adds to the scope of the game. Has some really nice changes of pace with a few of the undercover missions as well.

Overall I had loads of fun with it, and if it were not for having too many games yet to play I would have another run through. If you are a cheveo whore you could get the 1000gp easy. I got over 800 just by playing the game really.

9/10

• Deleted user 2 May 2012 12:31:16
    Has anyone noticed the game glitching on the Locomotion mission when you have to stealth consume the scientists.

Bit annoying but otherwise I'm really enjoying this. Huge improvement over the first game.
  • DUFFMAN5 2 May 2012 12:33:51 14,980 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @WeakOrbit
    Fancy meeting you here ;)
    I had no problems with the game glitching. As you can see above I completed last night. Just this very morning started the first one, only a little way in, but...it is not as good or flow as well as 2.

• L_Franko Moderator 2 May 2012 12:49:06 9,694 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got very bored of the first one less than halfway through but from what I am hearing this new one is quite a bit better.
    Shall be putting it on the list.
  • shamblemonkee 2 May 2012 12:55:25 14,486 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @L_Franko it's very much more of the same but slicked up a bit, mostly in the form the combat. lots of other mechanics are unchanged - like acquiring a military guise to enter a base, consuming the keyholder and then doing x, y or z inside the base.
  • evilashchris 2 May 2012 13:10:34 7,043 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Super Special AATG Review here.

I gave it 5/5, and I regret nothing.

Did you notice any screen tear Duff? I know I didn't.

Twitter: @COToole

• DUFFMAN5 2 May 2012 13:13:42 14,980 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @evilashchris

No, it was fine.

• rivuzu 2 May 2012 13:23:15 2,211 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5
    I also didn't see any, but then at the rate things are exploding or growing tendrils or flying at me, I don't get much chance to look at the scenery much!
    Attempting insane mode now and it's... living up to it's word, I'll tell you that.
  • DUFFMAN5 2 May 2012 13:25:32 14,980 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @rivuzu

Good luck, I would not fancy the final Boss Fight on that skill lvl.

• rivuzu 2 May 2012 15:10:01 2,211 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5
    Ha, Mercer can do one. Once I figured out how he countered me the first time, the end boss fight was a breeze. Granted, a lot of the time it was air Hammerfist/Whipfist hold attack spamming - most safety, nice big knockback, good damage and simple to execute!.

Right now, my problem is random encounters. Seem to trigger Alerts MUCH faster (as expected), and now the army packs a punch. Thank god I grabbed the impervious to small arms mutation early is all I'm saying.
  • cianchristopher 2 May 2012 15:11:35 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I love the complete and utter lack of support given to any Activision title that isn't CoD.

I mean, they just don't even try, do they?
  • rivuzu 2 May 2012 15:29:26 2,211 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @cianchristopher
    Er, how do you mean, in reference to Proto2? I think the overall game isn't actually all that bad. And the Radnet addition is giving me plenty of replay over the next few weeks.
  • DUFFMAN5 3 May 2012 13:55:26 14,980 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well after loving this game I thought I would try prototype...big mistake, the second improves everything and more.
    I did buy when it came out and only played a bit before going onto Infamous, I can now see why, again.
    A few hours into the first, 8 missions down and various sides but not too sure that I will continue.

• Ultrasoundwave 16 May 2012 09:49:56 3,339 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Only played this for about 2 hours (about 10% complete) and its already MUCH better than the first game. Excellent destruction and brilliant powers, loads of fun!

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• DUFFMAN5 16 May 2012 10:13:54 14,980 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave
    It is indeed. I loved it, rented from lovefilm and played to completion over a few long sessions. I sold the first one after a couple of hours!

• Deleted user 16 May 2012 10:33:41
    The first prototype had huge flaws like its piss poor stealth system and the fact the army would alert to your presence if you even crossed the road wrong.
  • Deleted user 16 May 2012 10:33:45
    Also the over powered Hunters and broken stealth missions were annoying.

However the web of intrigue was great as well as the Patsy ability. Wonder if there will be an inevitable Prototype 3 where you murder Heller.

Edited by WeakOrbit at 10:35:21 16-05-2012
  • Deckard1 16 May 2012 11:39:03 28,742 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone finished with this on 360 and wants to swap it for The Witcher 2 hit me up bitches.
  • Bombonera 29 May 2012 04:32:52 344 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Anyone finished with this on 360 and wants to swap it for The Witcher 2 hit me up bitches.
    Only a mug would go for that unfortunately. Playing through Prototype 2 myself right now and it's just average. It's the essence of a game only worth playing because it has easy Achievements. It's just average in all areas really. I'd give it 6/10.
  • theguy 6 Jun 2012 02:30:18 653 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think its actually quite an alright game.
  • ZuluHero 6 Jun 2012 06:51:00 4,201 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bombonera wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Only a mug would go for that unfortunately. Playing through Prototype 2 myself right now and it's just average. It's the essence of a game only worth playing because it has easy Achievements. It's just average in all areas really. I'd give it 6/10.
    Read that again. Slowly. Unless you think Deckard is a mug? ;)

So people seem to like p2? I couldn't get on with the first one (when will people learn to do better mission check-pointing in open world games!) but been lurking here reading what people are doing and with that review as well, it seems pretty decent?

We're starting to get into to that summer gaming drought and I'm itchy to get something! Though I suppose Lollypop Chainsaw might be worth a look! :)
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Jun 2012 07:52:17 14,980 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ZuluHero
    prototype 2 is a great game, far better than the first in everyway. You can get it new for 25 now I think, lots of hours fun for that amount of money. I enjoyed it lots.

• theguy 6 Jun 2012 21:03:24 653 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just finished it and its quite enjoyable and is a fun game.
    Still think Alex could've/ should've been able to defeat Heller. There were abilities in prototype 1 that neither had in 2, though Alex should've

Edited by theguy at 21:03:56 06-06-2012
  • Deckard1 25 Jun 2012 18:06:32 28,742 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    just got a lend of this off a mate, did I read somewhere its best to play it on hard?
  • nickthegun 25 Jun 2012 18:20:36 60,481 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It is very easy. I don't think I died in combat once.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Page

of 4 First / Last