Prototype 2 Page 2

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• FatsoJetson 24 Apr 2012 09:11:07 309 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd read that it was a 4pm embargo.
  • Deleted user 24 April 2012 12:23:36
    This game is ugly, only played it for 15 mins and ive already got a headache.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 24 Apr 2012 13:57:30 2,456 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Saw this in Tesco's earlier, didn't even realise it was released yet. Didn't pick it up as it seems to come out of nowhere with little fanfare. Came home expecting an EG review...but nothing yet?

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Triggerhappytel 24 Apr 2012 14:32:33 2,695 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    byron_hinson wrote:
    Am I the only one wondering why there was so much hype and build up for this including midnight launches for a game that's first title wasn't all that great? Advert on TV is dreadful too.
    Presumably because Acti have put a lot of marketing dollars behind it. Reviews available so far don't seem particularly enamoured though. I was hoping given 3 years since the previous game this would be a big improvement.
  • PeacockDreams 24 Apr 2012 18:58:28 202 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bought this today, so far, so good, its pretty fun and I'm enjoying it, it's getting 8s and 9s in the reviews I've read, that seems to be pretty accurate
  • FatsoJetson 25 Apr 2012 00:10:11 309 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, same here. Picked it up and enjoying it so far. Although I was the same with the first one until I got bored about half way through. We'll see if the same holds true for number 2.
  • Darren 25 Apr 2012 08:34:47 9,075 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    PeacockDreams wrote:
    Bought this today, so far, so good, its pretty fun and I'm enjoying it, it's getting 8s and 9s in the reviews I've read, that seems to be pretty accurate
    GameTrailers didn't seemed too impressed with the game: they gave it a surprisingly lowish 7.2.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• DUFFMAN5 25 Apr 2012 08:37:31 15,383 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I just watched the GT review, looked massivly like the first game, more so than I was expecting. They were not overkeen. I have it coming from Lovefilm, kind of glad I have decided to rent...at least until I see if it is something I have to own.

Still need to spend more than a few hours with the first game.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• beastmaster 25 Apr 2012 10:18:30 11,962 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Probably already posted. Edge's 8/10

"Prototype 2 is the most cheerfully destructive sandbox since Just Cause 2".

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Rivuzu 25 Apr 2012 10:55:53 3,224 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm personally really enjoying it. Not very far through the story so far, just got the tendrils. GOOD GOD they're fun to use! Especially the black hole move on helicopters - random pulling of all objects nearby to smash into it? Yes please. Been wasting more time just hopping around and getting up to mischief.

Also been looking through Radnet - it's pretty swish really, daily challenges coming up that improve your character in game for taking part. I like that.

I played through the original Prototype more than once, just because I'm a loser for Sandbox games (almost 90% of all bases completed on Just Cause 2... just need to dig it out and do the rest!) and this should tide me over till the next - which is looking to be Spiderman. Double new york action, baby!

Anyone know when the EG review is going up?
  • FatsoJetson 25 Apr 2012 10:59:55 309 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @rivuzu They said Thursday on Twitter.
  • Rivuzu 25 Apr 2012 11:11:15 3,224 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @FatsoJetson Cheers! Not a Twitter-er-er-er, so sorry for asking :D
  • FatsoJetson 25 Apr 2012 12:51:48 309 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @rivuzu No worries. It wasn't an official announcement or anything, just something they said in response to a reader's query.
  • PeacockDreams 25 Apr 2012 13:13:44 202 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Darren wrote:
    PeacockDreams wrote:
    GameTrailers didn't seemed too impressed with the game: they gave it a surprisingly
    lowish 7.2.
    7.2 is not a bad score in anyones book! When I looked yesterday on meta critic it was all 8s and 9s with just one 7 so anyway you look at it, it's getting good reviews so far, so far it's playing out for me to be a solid 8.

On to another point, the reason I bought this is simply because we are in the middle of the yearly game drought, and I fancied a new game, it sits well with me being completely shit at Dark Souls so when I fancy actually progressing in a game I put P2 on instead ;)

Edited by PeacockDreams at 15:34:04 25-04-2012
  • theguy 25 Apr 2012 20:13:52 689 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What differences does this have from the first game?
  • stryker1121 25 Apr 2012 21:23:26 764 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • stryker1121 25 Apr 2012 21:23:28 764 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    EG's review reads like my feelings on the first game. Uninspiring story and less than compelling cityscape, but still an OTT blast to play. Good enough for me to take budget look at some time. If this game's not half-priced new by June I'll eat a bug.
  • ronuds 25 Apr 2012 21:33:06 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    EG's review actually made me interested when I otherwise was not. I don't care much whether the story is good or not. JC2's story was one of the most abominable I've ever seen, but I still had plenty of fun playing the game.

It doesn't look half bad graphics wise either.
  • stryker1121 25 Apr 2012 21:54:54 764 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @ronuds Game Informer's YouTube channel has an LP that got me excited for this. GFX look a bit better than P1, and some of the powers (bio-bomb for example) look really fun. Still not a huge fan of the stealth mechanic, and you pretty much get the same rather cheap looking absorb animation after close-up kills, but the movement mechanics and large-scale battles look very well done and properly badass. That's all i need out of P2, really.
  • DUFFMAN5 26 Apr 2012 19:08:54 15,383 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got this from lovefilm today (360) and enjoying a lot apart from the "hunt" leftstick thing. I can't work it out and have no manual, I thought the idea was that if the subject is to far away then follow the direction the hunt area comes back to you (if you know what i mean). Can someone give me a runthrough please. I'm trying to find Dr Shaffielf and have been for a while now, I though he was over by the docks/cranes but obviously i can't understand the radar.
    Thank you for any help.

• DUFFMAN5 26 Apr 2012 21:33:01 15,383 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Please see above post

...any of you slags (lovely EGers) playing this, if so answer my question above.

• shamblemonkee 26 Apr 2012 22:46:28 14,652 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EKAQlbO4-3Q#!

looks like a riot to me
  • StarchildHypocrethes 26 Apr 2012 22:57:07 26,579 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Duffman: The vast 4 page manual has this to say about hunting - "Use hunting to actively locate targets in the world. Press the Left Stick to send out a pulse ring, which acts as a sonar that pings back from the target. The target is always at the centre if the return pulse."

Any help whatsoever? Haven't started it yet, so can't advise myself.
  • DUFFMAN5 27 Apr 2012 08:35:29 15,383 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Duffman: The vast 4 page manual has this to say about hunting - "Use hunting to actively locate targets in the world. Press the Left Stick to send out a pulse ring, which acts as a sonar that pings back from the target. The target is always at the centre if the return pulse."

Any help whatsoever? Haven't started it yet, so can't advise myself.
    Cheers fella. It really is a pants system. I have kind of figured it out, but it is still pants. Apart from that it is a really fun game so far (only a couple of hours in at 10% according to stats)it is 99% like the first game, so more like dlc at the moment...fun dlc though.

• FatsoJetson 27 Apr 2012 08:54:11 309 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 Best thing with the radar is to get up high and ping it. Easier to see where the bounce back is coming from then.
  • Daeltaja 27 Apr 2012 11:32:39 1,184 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I love the ass-backwards marketing for this - "More Brutal than Arkham City.. More Bloody that Dead Space 2.. More Freedom than Dark Souls.."

Seriously, that made me chuckle.
  • Rivuzu 27 Apr 2012 20:05:22 3,224 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lol, they actually marketed it as that?
    Oh dear. One thing I must confess I'm not a fan of; the lack of variety with the unlocks. P1 made you unlock EVERYTHING with points. It gave sense to random anarchy across the city. It's what made it more fun than P2, with it's "Hide the Ability in the Super Powered Cunt!" gameplay.

Still, rather fun a few days in.
  • DUFFMAN5 27 Apr 2012 20:54:08 15,383 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Played a few hours now and have to say it is a lot of fun. I might even spend some time with the first one, once I have completed this.

• maxb 29 Apr 2012 19:41:37 165 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Been playing on and off over the weekend and am really enjoying it so far.
  • Page

of 4 First / Last