Prototype 2

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous
  • morriss 4 Dec 2010 08:15:44 71,130 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is set to be announced at this year's VGAs: http://www.vg247.com/2010/12/04/murder-your-maker-teaser-trailer-shows-scenes-and-screens-from-prototype/
  • Gland 4 Dec 2010 08:17:30 78,469 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I enjoyed the first one until it got repetitive and turned into a huge chore.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Youthist 4 Dec 2010 08:24:12 10,027 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:

Like your posts then?

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• morriss 4 Dec 2010 08:27:21 71,130 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's never to early to be a dick, eh Youthist?
  • Youthist 4 Dec 2010 08:27:54 10,027 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Nope, not where DB is concerned.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• dutchspeededup 4 Dec 2010 08:44:13 4,531 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The first game looked terrific, and turned out to be a big disappointment.

I still think there are some ideas buried in there that have great potential.
  • Genji 4 Dec 2010 09:00:42 19,689 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:

Like your posts then?
    Meow!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Dec 2010 09:55:25 38,711 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Like your posts then?
    Quit throwing stones from your glass house.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Gearskin 4 Dec 2010 10:07:14 2,045 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sweet!
  • beastmaster 4 Dec 2010 10:17:17 11,616 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I loved the game from start to finish. Did this come out around the same time as Infamous? I remember trying to decide between this and something else but do not regret buying it at all.

Just enjoy jumping from a skyscraper, flying around for a bit & dropping down & killing a load of things. I love games like that (Crackdown also springs to mind).

I would welcome a sequel. Just hope they don't do what Ruffian did with Crackdown 2 and have a totally new setting.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 4 December 2010 11:30:42
    Youthist wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Nope, not where DB is concerned.

Look everyone! A cunt sandwich made entirely of cunt!

;)
  • shamblemonkee 4 Dec 2010 11:31:31 14,489 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A sequel, interesting wonder how they will take the story forward or if it wll be prequel. considering what you were by the end of the game
  • DUFFMAN5 21 Feb 2012 11:50:57 14,982 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Chaps
    In ready meant for this game*, do any of you fine fellows have the first game on 360 you would be willing to sell me for pennies or trade ?

*which is looking rather lovely.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Vortex808 21 Feb 2012 15:42:41 7,307 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Duffmeister, if you're looking to get into the story of the first one you're honestly not missing much by not playing it. It was a generic mess as far as I recall, with zero reason to root for your character.

So saying, I enjoyed it to begin with for just messing about in a Crackdown type way, but as Dirtbox said at the start of the thread it really did turn into a boring grind. I made myself finish it and I was really glad to get done with it. I even plopped it on ebay right afterwards.

It must be pennies on ebay etc if you can't find anyone willing to trade/sell here though.
  • Daeltaja 21 Apr 2012 12:20:08 1,116 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Been playing this for a few hours now and whilst it's fun to zip around the city and wreak havoc, the missions are so incredibly repetitive uninspired.

"Find X character and consume him, then enter facility and hack computer". Rince, repeat, with the tiniest of variations.

Not sure the open world play will keep me playing in the long haul, I need more eventful missions.
  • DUFFMAN5 21 Apr 2012 12:29:03 14,982 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Daeltaja wrote:
    Been playing this for a few hours now and whilst it's fun to zip around the city and wreak havoc, the missions are so incredibly repetitive uninspired.

"Find X character and consume him, then enter facility and hack computer". Rince, repeat, with the tiniest of variations.

Not sure the open world play will keep me playing in the long haul, I need more eventful missions.
    Just to confirm you mean P2 and not the first game ?
    Give us some facts and figures please ;)

• Daeltaja 21 Apr 2012 12:35:18 1,116 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Daeltaja wrote:

Just to confirm you mean P2 and not the first game ?
    Give us some facts and figures please ;)
    Yup, Prototype 2. Aside from more fluid controls and streamlined level up system, it's very similar to the first. Graphically it's much improved and the frame rate holds up during the mayhem, but as I've said, I'll get bored of it all before long without some proper interesting missions.

Anything you want to know in particular? :p
  • DUFFMAN5 21 Apr 2012 12:39:00 14,982 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ...yes if you don't like it when are you selling it to me ;)...discount price of course.

Cheers for info, is it a promo ?

• Rens11 21 Apr 2012 12:42:05 1,419 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Johhny Cash Hurt on the advert makes me want this without ever playing the first or seeing any gameplay of the 2nd

Donít kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, heíd eat you and everyone you care about!

• GeeMacca 21 Apr 2012 13:08:50 2,796 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got my copy this morning and it's a good game, as said above, the controls feel a lot better. The graphics are better but still not as good as some more recent games. But there is a lot of fun to be had dashing around the city and some of the new powers are awesome. Going to play more later and will give more thoughts!
  • Daeltaja 21 Apr 2012 13:15:24 1,116 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    ...yes if you don't like it when are you selling it to me ;)...discount price of course.

Cheers for info, is it a promo ?
    Hehe.. we'll see ;) Need something to trade against Dragons Dogma! Nah not a promo, just got an it early.

It IS fun, for sure and I'm interested to see what Radnet and the challenges bring.
  • theguy 22 Apr 2012 14:56:07 653 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Seems similar to the transition between crackdown and crackdown 2. I did not like crackdown2.
    Is this worth the buy at full price?
  • stryker1121 22 Apr 2012 15:53:33 714 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sounds very much like the first game, then. Are there any sidequests outside of the main mission, or is it more time trials and "kill X in Y seconds" type challenges scattered throughout the map? I got very bored w/ P1 myself just b/c there wasn't much to do outside the story missions but fly around the map and kill stuff.

Edited by stryker1121 at 15:55:21 22-04-2012
  • NotSoSlim 22 Apr 2012 17:19:49 3,129 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Will wait for impending price drop i guess. Sounds fun just not £40 fun

Shame really
  • theguy 22 Apr 2012 18:15:09 653 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It did manage to pick up some good reviews so far....
  • prawnking1980 22 Apr 2012 21:06:06 4,741 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone else in Covent Garden?
  • GeeMacca 23 Apr 2012 06:41:05 2,796 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Stryker - there are side missions now that unlock new moves or upgrades.
  • byron_hinson 24 Apr 2012 08:56:02 1,513 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Am I the only one wondering why there was so much hype and build up for this including midnight launches for a game that's first title wasn't all that great? Advert on TV is dreadful too.
  • FatsoJetson 24 Apr 2012 09:07:00 306 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    byron_hinson wrote:
    Am I the only one wondering why there was so much hype and build up for this including midnight launches for a game that's first title wasn't all that great? Advert on TV is dreadful too.
    And no reviews yet for it either. Hmm. Suspicious.
  • DUFFMAN5 24 Apr 2012 09:08:29 14,982 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Where is the EG review. I want something to read, damn it.

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous