The best Publisher / Developer at the moment? Page 2

  • Page

    of 5 First / Last

  • ronuds 3 Dec 2010 16:28:03 21,788 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Take-Two for publishing.

    Bethesda for publishing and developing.

    Rockstar for developing.

    Quality games and usually nothing less from all 3.
  • Deleted user 3 December 2010 16:35:27
    coastal wrote:
    this is useless without sickloose

    This

    But ill be courteous and answer anyway.

    Retro Studios
    Platinum Games
    Naughty Dog

  • Shane86 3 Dec 2010 16:52:40 280 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Publisher: EA
    Developer: Bioware
  • Ultrasoundwave 5 Dec 2010 15:38:33 3,278 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    Valve best publisher by far. Honourable mention to EA as they actually get most of my cash for their quailty games and the new download manager is quite cool, but some of their treatment of consumers sucks and stops them being top (DLC, online pass, testing the Ubi DRM on CandC4).

    Developer is a tough one as while there are loads of great devs no one really stands out as number 1 TBH. Rocksteady spring to mind Batman was an amazing high quality game and I'm excited about more from them. With honourable mention to Visceral Games for giving me one of my fav new IPs this gen in Dead Space.

    Rocksteady definately deserve a special mention. I played Urban Chaos on the PS2, which was a decent first effort, but the jump in quality they made between that and Arkham Asylum was outstanding.

    "The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

  • Ultrasoundwave 8 Dec 2010 15:14:31 3,278 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    As per my post in the Bulletstorm thread, Epic deserve a special mention as one of the best game companys going. Gears of War 1+2, Shadow Complex and Bulletstorm on the way...............quality over quantity.

    "The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

  • nickthegun 8 Dec 2010 15:21:46 59,367 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Capcom. The only Japanese company worth buying from anymore.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • nickthegun 8 Dec 2010 16:12:48 59,367 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Demons Souls is indeed one of the great japanese companies.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • King_Edward 8 Dec 2010 16:17:54 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nintendo.
  • kinky_mong 8 Dec 2010 16:42:00 10,108 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    For me Retro Studios, Platinum Games and Gearbox are the best developers. Can't really think of a publisher who I think is outstanding at the moment though.

    I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

  • el_pollo_diablo 8 Dec 2010 22:33:21 2,076 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    iOS dev Donut Games are up there.

    Honestly.
  • VandelayIndustries 8 Dec 2010 23:39:28 1,523 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sony followed by EA & EA Partners.

    Naughty Dog, Criterion, Media Molecule and Bungie.
  • Ultrasoundwave 5 Jan 2011 09:49:35 3,278 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    EDGE gave developer of the year to Platinum Games - well deserved after Bayonetta AND Vanquish in the same year, cant wait to see what they do this year.

    They gave publisher to EA, cant say i disagree. Mass Effect 2, Need for Speed : Hot Pursuit and Bad Company 2 (to name just a few) is a great effort.

    "The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

  • Oh-Bollox 5 Jan 2011 10:10:36 5,189 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sega. The Club, Alpha Protocol, Madworld, Valkyria Chronicles, Sonic Colours, Yakuza 3, Vanquish, Resonance of Fate, Infinite Space, Bayonetta, Let's Tap. Been great the last couple of years.
  • roz123 5 Jan 2011 10:41:45 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Valve and Nintendo
  • Lawrens 5 Jan 2011 10:45:53 398 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Developers: Platinum Games, Naughtydog

    Publisher: I'm not sure, Valve?

    I don't like Nintendo, not until they release Soma Bringer and announce Xenoblade for NA, until then, they're garbage to me =P at least the america/europe branch.

    Demons Souls is indeed one of the great japanese companies.

    and they're not afraid of anything
  • SomaticSense 5 Jan 2011 12:50:37 8,132 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Platinum Games are the best developers by far at the moment.

    Their hit rate is rivalled only by Valve, and released 2 properly AAA games which are at the absolute peak of their respective genres by some way (beating into the ground some massive franchises in the process), in less than a year. Both of which were completely new IPs and not sequels.

    How many other dev companies have produced two proper bone fide gaming classics in the space of about 10 months?
  • Deleted user 5 January 2011 18:13:51
    Lawrens wrote:
    I don't like Nintendo, not until they release Soma Bringer and announce Xenoblade for NA, until then, they're garbage to me =P at least the america/europe branch.


    Monolith games such as the two Baiten Kaitos sold very poorly late for the Gamecube so that might be the reason for them holding back. Then again why would they buy this studio if they have no intention of bringing them outside Japan.

    Fingers crossed they take a chance as there are several niche games for Nintendo to translate as well.

    BTW notice Demon's Souls being mentioned, thought I'd say the developer is From Software, a long running studio, always had potential and cult games but now with the budget to realize its potential and receive its proper dues. Lets hope they keep it up with Project Dark and Armored Core 5 which appears to be a reboot of the series.

    Many of the DS staff also worked on Chromehounds, which I reckon would be far better received now, especially if it were also available on PS3 as well as 360. Would be great if they were to announce a spiritual follow up as Project Chrome...
  • Deleted user 5 January 2011 18:16:15
    Developer Naughty Dog.
    Publisher EA
  • TheHammerite 5 Jan 2011 18:19:48 1,511 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looking glass stud... oh. Nintendo
  • trip919 5 Jan 2011 22:24:42 2,264 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Platinum games.
  • Deleted user 5 January 2011 22:25:33
    p*
  • Ultrasoundwave 19 Jan 2011 09:25:39 3,278 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Despite the fact i gave EA my vote, i am getting a bit concerned by all the advantages and incentives they are giving Sony :

    - Mass Effect 2 (with free DLC)
    - Dead Space 2 (With Dead Space : Extraction free)
    - Portal 2 (With the PC/Mac version free)

    Dont get me wrong, its great for PS3 owners, but the 360 is getting left behind a bit here.

    "The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

  • Vortex808 19 Jan 2011 09:33:27 7,052 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Despite the fact i gave EA my vote, i am getting a bit concerned by all the advantages and incentives they are giving Sony :

    - Mass Effect 2 (with free DLC)
    - Dead Space 2 (With Dead Space : Extraction free)
    - Portal 2 (With the PC/Mac version free)

    Dont get me wrong, its great for PS3 owners, but the 360 is getting left behind a bit here.

    ME2 has been out a year though and ME1 is unavailable, so they probably feel they need to tempt folk into the franchise having been so far behind with two of the three episodes of a trilogy.

    I also think Gabe and co at valve are working very hard to woo PS3 owners after all the things he said before Valve starting to do stuff for the PS3 too.

    I don't really see it as much of an issue. I bought most of the ME2 DLC, I enjoyed it all.

    Just like this lack of exclusives folk bang on about. So long as there's plenty great games out there, does it *really* matter that much?
  • Deleted user 19 January 2011 10:02:04
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Despite the fact i gave EA my vote, i am getting a bit concerned by all the advantages and incentives they are giving Sony :

    - Portal 2 (With the PC/Mac version free)

    This is because the PS3 is getting steamworks because microsoft won't have it on the 360.
  • toy_brain 19 Jan 2011 10:02:59 1,256 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    D3
    Quality tat, every time.
  • Ultrasoundwave 19 Jan 2011 13:20:28 3,278 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Despite the fact i gave EA my vote, i am getting a bit concerned by all the advantages and incentives they are giving Sony :

    - Portal 2 (With the PC/Mac version free)

    This is because the PS3 is getting steamworks because microsoft won't have it on the 360.

    Didnt hear about this to be honest?, thats great news for the PS3!, any idea why Microsoft wont play ball with Valve????

    "The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

  • Deleted user 19 January 2011 17:26:23
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Despite the fact i gave EA my vote, i am getting a bit concerned by all the advantages and incentives they are giving Sony :

    - Portal 2 (With the PC/Mac version free)

    This is because the PS3 is getting steamworks because microsoft won't have it on the 360.

    Didnt hear about this to be honest?, thats great news for the PS3!, any idea why Microsoft wont play ball with Valve????

    Microsoft has Windows Live for Games they'd rather promote?
  • Page

    of 5 First / Last

Log in or register to reply