Binary Domain Page 7

• Page

of 7 First / Last

Next
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Feb 2013 11:20:35 14,693 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Started today and just turned off at chapter 2...poxy having to work fir a living.
    So far, so alright. I thought it would be better, but a lot of people have said it takes off after the first hour or so, which is what I'm hoping for.
    I do enjoy keep telling Bo I love him via voice command:-) and listening to his continuingly worried replies. The robots are fun to shoot.
    If the game were to stay the same I would not be bothered about playing through, but it has done just enough for me to give it more time tonight.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• JoeGBallad 8 Feb 2013 11:25:17 383 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Stick with it for the bosses and the general barmy-ness of the plot. The plot is great because it takes a good idea and takes it to the furthest extremes of logic.

If you aren't utterly disgusted by me please check out my videogames show at:

www.youtube.com/BitSocket

• X201 8 Feb 2013 11:28:19 15,484 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Has this been on PS+ ?

Keep meaning to start it.
  • oldschoolsoviet 8 Feb 2013 11:32:17 5,478 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Think the DL version was heavily discounted for Plus users at one point, but it hasn't been free.
  • Mr-Brett 10 Feb 2013 16:55:48 12,799 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've been catching up on some backlog games and this is one of them. So far it's been ok but it's not doing much for me, I hear it picks up at a point but I'm not sure when that is.
    I've done the monorail bit, does it get better beyond there?
    Also that boss can go fuck himself, the cheap bastard.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• DUFFMAN5 10 Feb 2013 17:13:57 14,693 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just posted a good long reply, but lost the fooking connection from my phone :-(
    It is worth playing through the campaign but I feel no need or want, to go back and farm cheveos.
    It containes 6 chapters in all and all have a big boss battle at the end.

• Mr-Brett 10 Feb 2013 18:30:50 12,799 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ok so I'm about halfway through, well I'll stick it out as it's good enough to not give up but there's enough annoying design to make me consider it.

• drhcnip 10 Feb 2013 18:47:44 2,500 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    unfortunately its like that all the way through....never quite bad enough to stop but never really takes off....epitome of average.....
  • King_Edward 10 Feb 2013 19:06:23 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's really good. You've gotta get out of the "Gears" mind set and learn to use cover more sparingly. Really get in those robot's faces. The way Tue story works is great too. It's not quite Alpha Protocol but it's a lot better than most.
  • Mr-Brett 10 Feb 2013 19:14:34 12,799 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not up for a Gears comparison conversation I'm afraid.
    I do get up close and give em beans. The story is frankly poor at best but the execution is quite impressive from a technical standpoint. Alpha Protocol is on my list of 'games that people say are great but I'm sure they're all lying and it's a massive conspiracy' along with Deadly Premonition. So mentioning that isn't going to endear me to BD :)

• itinkuravinalaff 10 Feb 2013 19:29:34 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Played it on release, loved it and played it again the other day this time on the ps3, loved it again. Fantastic shooter buy very cheesy dialogue.
  • drhcnip 10 Feb 2013 19:41:01 2,500 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    I'm not up for a Gears comparison conversation I'm afraid.
    I do get up close and give em beans. The story is frankly poor at best but the execution is quite impressive from a technical standpoint. Alpha Protocol is on my list of 'games that people say are great but I'm sure they're all lying and it's a massive conspiracy' along with Deadly Premonition. So mentioning that isn't going to endear me to BD :)
    alpha protocol and deadly prem, while nowhere near binary in terms of execution, are much more enjoyable games....id play either of them again, i have no intentions of doing the same with binary....which is a shame as i was really looking forward to it
  • King_Edward 10 Feb 2013 19:54:19 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    Alpha Protocol is on my list of 'games that people say are great but I'm sure they're all lying and it's a massive conspiracy' along with Deadly Premonition.
    They are lying to an extent. They're both borderline broken as games.
  • Vortex808 10 Feb 2013 20:35:37 7,154 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How dare you besmirch the honour of Alpha Protocol sir!

I'll have you know it's a flawed, yet wonderful game. One of my favourites of this gen. Deadly Premonition I can't comment on. I have still yet to start Binary Domain, so can't comment on that yet either...
  • DUFFMAN5 10 Feb 2013 21:07:49 14,693 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Alpha protocol is a brilliant game 10/10 all day long.

• King_Edward 10 Feb 2013 21:08:57 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's brilliant, but it's broken.
  • RedSparrows 11 Feb 2013 00:19:14 22,755 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No it isn't. It's janky and rough, but functional and unique.
  • King_Edward 11 Feb 2013 00:37:58 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Same difference.
  • gelf 11 Feb 2013 10:41:52 188 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Recently started this and am enjoying it despite cover shooting being one of my most disliked forms of gameplay. I'm glad I don't feel I have to spend my life behind chest high walls to get through it but my general shitness at shooters comes through in certain sections. I don't find it anywhere as easy as most people have.

The silliness of the characters intentional or not is a big positive for me. Only the opening section has had that dudebro vibe I so despise.
  • kinky_mong 1 Apr 2013 16:05:37 10,290 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Whoever thought of that shitty section where you're trying to shoot monkey robot bastards off a teammate hanging from an elevator needs a slap.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Rens11 13 Mar 2014 20:33:30 1,404 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is he anything like vanquish?

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• MrWonderstuff 1 May 2014 10:21:26 1,934 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Got this for 2.50 and it really is a fun little gem. Nothing ground-breaking but endearing in a b-movie kinda way.
  • mikew1985 1 May 2014 10:24:53 12,754 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's kind of crap really. Story is a little amusing at times.
  • aros 1 May 2014 11:46:29 2,873 posts
    Seen 49 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really enjoyed this when I played through it. This thread makes me think I should plug in the old 360 and play some of the other dozens of untouched games.
  • Page

of 7 First / Last

Next