The all-new Premier League thread Page 3314

  • Page

    of 5248 First / Last

  • ecureuil 7 Mar 2013 14:48:34 76,487 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Lottery is strictly a poor man's tax. It's about a life you can only dream of, and thus chuck a 1 in the bin once a week just to entertain the idea. If you actually live that life, you don't do it.
    This is why.
  • kalel 7 Mar 2013 14:50:46 86,323 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's awesome.
  • liamthemaster 7 Mar 2013 14:54:08 1,557 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    After 25 years the most I won on that was 100 with 0.09 return D:
  • HarryPalmer 7 Mar 2013 14:56:39 3,104 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Brilliant.
  • graysonavich 7 Mar 2013 15:10:03 7,309 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Not sitting in Ladrokes with a hip flask and your dole check.
    Joe Cole's 612 was a regular outside my local William Hill when he was at Chelsea. Struggle to find a more beautiful juxtapose.
  • TheSaint 7 Mar 2013 15:45:18 14,199 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    We had a load of ITKLOL on Saints forums back in January that the player who won the lottery was Rickie Lambert.

    I'm not sure if anyone has any idea who it is.
  • ElNino9 7 Mar 2013 15:50:33 13,285 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @President_Weasel

    Erm, yeah. Nice one.

    Hated, adored, never ignored.

  • teamHAM 7 Mar 2013 15:56:46 2,748 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So the other day when Coloccini did that crazy overhead kick against Southampton (which actually got the biggest cheer of the day).. he has broken two bones in his back and is now out for seven weeks.

    Nice!

    XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

  • THFourteen 7 Mar 2013 15:57:31 32,857 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    100,000 will barely buy you half a flat in London thesedays. Its not life changing anymore.

    i do play euromillions now and then because i'm stupid.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 7 Mar 2013 15:59:16 9,709 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:

    The thing is, they have plenty of wedge so they could go and get a decent manager without having to slum it down to the likes of Megson.
    Yeah, they're backed as a loss leader by a betting company aren't they?
    The family who own bet365 also own Stoke.
  • ecureuil 7 Mar 2013 16:03:09 76,487 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/where-next-wayne-rooney-081144739.html
  • captbirdseye 7 Mar 2013 16:05:58 4,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Some comedy photoshop there :D.
  • neilqpr 7 Mar 2013 16:55:39 2,828 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:QPR started the season as favourites to go down,
    If you could show me any evidence of this please do, but most media/bookies had us nowhere near the relegation places pre-season, they were blinded by the big names as well. There was a lot of talk of top half finishes before the opening day spanking by Swansea.

    Firstly let me say I think the spending at our club has been nuts, I don't defend or condone it. Couple of points though:

    The majority of our debt is from cash injections from TF/Mittals - I'll copy and paste this from a QPR messagboard:

    Fernandes and co. under the auspices of Tune QPR Sdn Bhd have loaned the club around 56 million at 0% interest. About 8 million is payable on demand and the rest is due over a period - of which dates have already passed - so I'd imagine if they ask for it back then we have to pay it.

    Sea Dream - which is the Mittal vehicle - have loaned around 27 million - same sort of deal - 0% interest, but payable on demand.

    There's also the 10 million Amulya property loan, which I seem to recall was over the stadium and land and that is due on demand. Tune QPR and Sea Dream own the company who are due the loan.


    So unless things turn very nasty with regard to TF/Mittals we're not in any immediate danger, it's all personal debt not bank/loan debt.

    Secondly, TF has obviously bet the house on staying up due to the hugely increased TV revenues next year, calculated risk I guess.

    In saying that I'm very uncomfortable with the whole club at the moment, really struggle to find any affinity with the 'project' or 'brand' I keep hearing about, I just want my shitty little football club to be a bit more sensible and humble.

    If we keep Remy fit we've a tiny chance of staying up, if he gets injured again we're nailed on to go down.

    Edited by neilqpr at 18:37:44 07-03-2013
  • nickthegun 7 Mar 2013 17:00:43 58,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Still, it could be worse. You could be a laughing stock again like you were in the Briatore era.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • neilqpr 7 Mar 2013 17:03:22 2,828 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought we were still a laughing stock?
  • nickthegun 7 Mar 2013 17:04:06 58,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Youre now more of a freakshow, truth be told.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • neilqpr 7 Mar 2013 17:06:10 2,828 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah well, could be worse, we could have a statue of Michael Jackson outside our stadium.
  • nickthegun 7 Mar 2013 17:09:07 58,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Full credit to Al Fayed, since you bring it up. He might be an eccentric old crank, but hes run Fulham really well.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Blotto 7 Mar 2013 17:11:46 2,708 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    As a footballer, are you allowed to bet on games you have absolute no involvement in?
  • nickthegun 7 Mar 2013 17:13:23 58,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you werent there would be a fair few footballers in very deep shit.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Shikasama 7 Mar 2013 18:23:45 6,603 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I imagine you'd have to be very careful - insider knowledge and all that
  • Dougs 7 Mar 2013 18:35:33 66,637 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    According to the secret footballer, even betting on games you are involved in is common. Not on the result, but time of 1st throw in or corner is pretty common.
  • Blotto 7 Mar 2013 18:38:58 2,708 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That can't be legal though surely?
  • Dougs 7 Mar 2013 18:55:05 66,637 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Course not, but there's no way of proving it and any bets are placed by mates/3rd parties
  • nickthegun 7 Mar 2013 19:04:43 58,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I remember watching a villa game where savo milosovic put it into row z straight from the kick off. Turns out, shockingly, he had a bet on the first throw in.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Dougs 7 Mar 2013 19:05:45 66,637 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, that was the one he said was most common and as a young player was naive and baffled by someone booting it out straight from KO
  • enfilade 7 Mar 2013 19:35:02 211 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    neilqpr wrote:
    President_Weasel wrote:QPR started the season as favourites to go down,
    If you could show me any evidence of this please do, but most media/bookies had us nowhere near the relegation places pre-season, they were blinded by the big names as well. There was a lot of talk of top half finishes before the opening day spanking by Swansea.

    /snip
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21618258

    Mark Lawrenson gets to predict the scores every week, and if he got every result right QPR would inexplicably be seventh.

    Edit: And Swansea would be 17th! What a plank.

    Edited by enfilade at 19:35:41 07-03-2013
  • TheSaint 8 Mar 2013 00:26:58 14,199 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    enfilade wrote:
    neilqpr wrote:
    President_Weasel wrote:QPR started the season as favourites to go down,
    If you could show me any evidence of this please do, but most media/bookies had us nowhere near the relegation places pre-season, they were blinded by the big names as well. There was a lot of talk of top half finishes before the opening day spanking by Swansea.

    /snip
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21618258

    Mark Lawrenson gets to predict the scores every week, and if he got every result right QPR would inexplicably be seventh.

    Edit: And Swansea would be 17th! What a plank.
    That's the 'BBC's Football Expert' you're talking about there. How dare you suggest he might not know what he's talking about.
  • Syrette 8 Mar 2013 00:44:10 43,061 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    IIRC last round of matches he predicted one set of results for the BBC and then a set of different results (all wins) for an Irish radio show on the same day.

  • dsmx 8 Mar 2013 01:25:02 7,555 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    enfilade wrote:
    neilqpr wrote:
    President_Weasel wrote:QPR started the season as favourites to go down,
    If you could show me any evidence of this please do, but most media/bookies had us nowhere near the relegation places pre-season, they were blinded by the big names as well. There was a lot of talk of top half finishes before the opening day spanking by Swansea.

    /snip
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21618258

    Mark Lawrenson gets to predict the scores every week, and if he got every result right QPR would inexplicably be seventh.

    Edit: And Swansea would be 17th! What a plank.
    That's the 'BBC's Football Expert' you're talking about there. How dare you suggest he might not know what he's talking about.
    He's doing better than last year with his predictions, last year he had a worse record than the guests he had on.

    "If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

  • Page

    of 5248 First / Last

Log in or register to reply