The all-new Premier League thread Page 3302

• Page

of 5370 First / Last

• kalel 3 Mar 2013 20:20:37 86,904 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, but that counts for nothing really. Just means we get to match other teams offers, but Leandro can still choose not to sigh nor us.
  • Tom_Servo 3 Mar 2013 20:21:21 17,497 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ah okay. I don't think I've ever seen him play TBH. Is he actually any cop?
  • Dougs 3 Mar 2013 20:23:40 67,140 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    You can already see the transfer saga.
    Chelsea in 4 years, unless we pick up.
  • THFourteen 3 Mar 2013 20:48:36 33,162 posts
    Seen 10 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    @Syrette

No this person actually knew what he was talking about :)
    Motherless fucks ;-)

Did the caller win 50 quid on predicting the right score? I thought not. Happy days, I'm rich rich rich, spending it on some LEGO.

Fwiw I thought we huffed and puffed but never made their keeper make a save, story of the season IMO.
  • Orange 3 Mar 2013 20:53:32 4,740 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    One of the best qualities of Lloris though is how good he is at snuffing out chances before he has to make a save, very quick off his line for everything.
  • Dougs 3 Mar 2013 20:55:42 67,140 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @TH, apart from the goal of course....
  • kalel 3 Mar 2013 21:04:47 86,904 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Ah okay. I don't think I've ever seen him play TBH. Is he actually any cop?
    Was very good in the Olympics. In Brazil he's being called the new Ronaldo. Make of that what you will.
  • thedaveeyres 3 Mar 2013 21:06:52 10,855 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fat Ronaldo I assume, not camp Ronaldo.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• speedofthepuma 3 Mar 2013 21:08:07 13,281 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Isn't every vaguely famous Brazilian striker called the new Ronaldo at some point?

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• THFourteen 3 Mar 2013 21:10:02 33,162 posts
    Seen 10 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    @TH, apart from the goal of course....
    Didn't have to save that.
  • kalel 3 Mar 2013 21:15:21 86,904 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    speedofthepuma wrote:
    Isn't every vaguely famous Brazilian striker called the new Ronaldo at some point?
    I thank that kind of well built pacey striker is unusual for them. That's what they mean by the comparison really.
  • speedofthepuma 3 Mar 2013 21:23:57 13,281 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Actually a quick google seems to show its not the oft repeated phrase I thought it was.

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• Syrette 3 Mar 2013 21:26:33 43,295 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    speedofthepuma wrote:
    And every half decent French playmaker is the new Zidane...

I love that man by the way. My all time favourite player. I remember following Juve as a kid for a few years just because of him. Adored the guy.

• kalel 3 Mar 2013 21:44:56 86,904 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sol Campbell is the guest on MotD tonight. Shall enjoy that, although he'll just take the opportunity to say Arsenal were much better at defending when he was there.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 3 Mar 2013 22:02:31 9,771 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    Wilshere played well.
    He's different class.
    Was his worst game for a while today. Showed moments of class but faded as the game wore on. Was quite something seeing him play CB at the end though!
  • mikew1985 3 Mar 2013 22:05:36 12,655 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just watching last night's motd now as I was over at the match yesterday. I've noticed once again players placing corners about a quarter inch outside the quadrant.

So many seem to do this now and it annoys me no end. It's the most pointless piece of micro cheating in the modern game. I swear players are doing it just to get away with something. So petty.
  • The-Bodybuilder 3 Mar 2013 22:06:50 14,128 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Our fault for expecting a 21 year old to carry our team.
    Again
  • Trowel 3 Mar 2013 22:13:20 17,589 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Just watching last night's motd now as I was over at the match yesterday. I've noticed once again players placing corners about a quarter inch outside the quadrant.

So many seem to do this now and it annoys me no end. It's the most pointless piece of micro cheating in the modern game. I swear players are doing it just to get away with something. So petty.
    Yet most of the time it's completely within the laws of the game.
  • Dougs 3 Mar 2013 22:31:09 67,140 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Course it is. It's not different to a ball going into touch, it's not the ball touching the line, it's a whether part of the ball would be over the line.
  • Fozzie_bear 3 Mar 2013 23:29:26 15,500 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    Arsenal fan on 606 have a good old rant :)
    It was glorious stuff, wasn't it? Passionate and furious, but still able to get some great lines out..

"The board promised us we'd be able to compete with Real Madrid and Bardelona. We can't even compete with Bradford!"

More blokes like him. Fewer incoherent ranting idiots*.

*Steve Claridge

Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

• President_Weasel 3 Mar 2013 23:31:42 9,172 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Sol Campbell is the guest on MotD tonight. Shall enjoy that, although he'll just take the opportunity to say Arsenal were much better at defending when he was there.
    He'd probably be right, although attacks have evolved somewhat since his day.
    Wenger inherited an excellent defence and has never constructed one himself that was its equal.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 4 Mar 2013 00:28:06 9,771 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @President_Weasel The defence of Lehmann, Lauren, Cole, Campbell and Kolo that Arsene put together and conceded 26 goals while we went the season unbeaten was clearly shit.

As was the defence that set a CL clean sheets record on our run to the final a few years later.
  • The-Bodybuilder 4 Mar 2013 08:27:11 14,128 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, claiming he's never constructed a defence is quite ludicrous really.
  • THFourteen 4 Mar 2013 08:35:22 33,162 posts
    Seen 10 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That was when we used to play faw faw two
  • kalel 4 Mar 2013 08:36:36 86,904 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yup, although he certainly seems to have forgotten the art thankfully.

To be completely honest I'm not convinced beyond poaching Campbell he's ever really done that much in the way of constructing great defences. The Invincibles defended by attacking in truth.
  • THFourteen 4 Mar 2013 08:39:18 33,162 posts
    Seen 10 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ^^^ what he said
  • President_Weasel 4 Mar 2013 09:44:29 9,172 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hah!
    But yeah, I was just making an unbackuppable claim in order to spark off a discussion.
  • The-Bodybuilder 4 Mar 2013 09:52:36 14,128 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Yup, although he certainly seems to have forgotten the art thankfully.

To be completely honest I'm not convinced beyond poaching Campbell he's ever really done that much in the way of constructing great defences. The Invincibles defended by attacking in truth.
    He bought or nurtured great defenders, but in regards to defensive tactical acumen, you may be right in that regards.

As I said in the Arsenal group, the usual defence of arsenal and Wenger (that we are were we deserve to be as we can't better the teams above us due to their FINANCIAL DOPING) is pretty much dead against Spurs.

Spurs, like us, have had to build whilst having their best players perpetually poached or unsettled by bigger clubs. They don't have a sugar daddy, they make a profit partly due to player sales, they don't have a better commercial income than us (I think), certainly don't have the stadium like us (which offsets he debt we have that they dont), have a smaller wage total, yet in the past few years have slowly built a squad that's now overall superior to ours.

But it must be due to some kind of financial doping, or black magic somehow, because that's the only way to be better than us. Nothing to do with a cunning CEO who either does his best to hold on to his best players or either sufficiently replaces them and having a manager who actually values tactical aspects on a minute scale.
  • kalel 4 Mar 2013 09:55:32 86,904 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't think there's all that much between Spurs and Arsenal. On another day you could have won, and don't forget you've battered us the last two times we've played you at the Emirates.

Whoever finishes above the other, I'd say the teams are about equal give or take.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 4 Mar 2013 09:56:51 9,771 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Maybe it's because we're paying for a new stadium.

And, as has been said, there's still a long way to go this season.
  • Page

of 5370 First / Last