The all-new Premier League thread Page 3301

• Page

of 5259 First / Last

• fletch7100 3 Mar 2013 18:26:58 6,990 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Syrette

Little bit of that. Did his moan that he won't go back to The Emirates until Wenger has left. In fact I don't think he has been to the Emirates sinced it opened.

Did a rant about Wenger not getting tactics right. Bit of a rant about Steve Bould, asking does he actually do anything? Asking why Bould never leaves his seat during matches asking if He has lost his bottle or is Wenger a dictator and won't let Bouldy speak :)

Was a good almost screaming rant
  • Blotto 3 Mar 2013 18:27:43 2,725 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If we can cut the gap before then, the fact that Spurs and Chelsea have to play each other is great news for us.
  • Syrette 3 Mar 2013 18:41:17 43,107 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @fletch7100

Was it THFourteen?

• LeD 3 Mar 2013 18:46:26 6,210 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    We made it hard for ourselves by not taking the easy chances.
    That's ok, we made it easy for you, so it was only polite that you didn't go and scored more. Thanks!
  • fletch7100 3 Mar 2013 18:47:25 6,990 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Syrette

No this person actually knew what he was talking about :)
  • LeD 3 Mar 2013 18:56:23 6,210 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    One thing I'd have to say about Spurs, they could do with someone better than Adebayor as 'big man up front'. Get that sorted out and they'll definitely challenge.
  • CharlieStCloud 3 Mar 2013 18:58:01 5,090 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    However we've still got Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton and Man City to play.
    I reckon you'll lose against Liverpool, win against Everton and Chelsea and a scruffy draw against Manchester City.

... seven points out of ten isn't too bad!
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 3 Mar 2013 18:58:35 6,654 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, Benzema and that would be some team.
  • evild_edd 3 Mar 2013 19:04:38 3,017 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LeD wrote:
    One thing I'd have to say about Spurs, they could do with someone better than Adebayor as 'big man up front'. Get that sorted out and they'll definitely challenge.
    You trying to peddle Giroud? ;0)

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• kalel 3 Mar 2013 19:16:23 86,414 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    So have Spurs fans stopped calling for Villas Boas's head?
    Er...what?

Anyway, didn't really enjoy one second of that, but great result. Plenty to do still but feels like we turned a corner today. Massive points.

Arsenal were probably the better team overall, but same old story, need to actually score goals etc.
  • kentmonkey 3 Mar 2013 19:32:37 20,448 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It was one of the worst London derby's in terms of anybody grabbing the game and taking it by the scruff of the neck.

Loads of players had off days today. On both sides. It was tense, but really only because you thought either team could fuck it all up.

I thought the ref had a blinder today. I especially liked him playing advantage and letting the game go on quite a while to see whether the team actually had an advantage or not. Not just blowing the whistle or giving it a second, watching the team give it away, and then saying 'well I gave advantage'. Wasn't card happy, let it flow (as much as the game flowed anyway) and reffed it well. Credit where credit's due, seeing as they normally get most of the flack.
  • Tom_Servo 3 Mar 2013 19:43:56 17,330 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I thought Arsenal were excellent in the first half, but that's football. Sick as a parrot, etc.

But yeah, brilliant pressing from them in the first half. Spurs couldn't really get going, but all it takes is a moment of magic (or shite defending in this case).

When Arsenal scored you thought you could write the script, but I was really impressed by Spurs' steel. You really don't feel they're going to concede in the last ten anymore. Would love to know what changes AVB's made there (or is it as simple as playing Dawson over Gallas?). As far as I can remember Arsenal never really looked like they'd score, whereas Spurs blew a couple of brilliant chances (from Bale and Sigurdsson).

Had to laugh at Gallas coming on at the end (even he was having a chuckle). I think that's the first sub I've seen that's come on after the ref's allotted stoppage time!

The only thing with Spurs is that they need a striker: still. Thought Defoe was quite good when he came on, but Adebayor was stinking (again). That's really all they need though, and they'll be even better.

Final thought: actually forgot Walcott was playing. Just as well he's signed a new megabucks contract!
  • President_Weasel 3 Mar 2013 19:44:43 8,984 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    HairyArse wrote:
    So have Spurs fans stopped calling for Villas Boas's head?
    Er...what?

Anyway, didn't really enjoy one second of that, but great result. Plenty to do still but feels like we turned a corner today. Massive points.
    Losing 'Arry Redknapp was the worst thing that ever happened to Spurs. Just think, instead of being locked in a relegation dogfight at the foot of the table they could have been challenging for the Champions League places, if only they'd kept him.
    Look at what he's done at QPR - got them out of trouble double quick, and next year I am sure they'll be kicking on for Europe - and on such a tight budget as well.

Sorry, I think I am picking up messages from the alternate reality some of the press seem to live in.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 3 Mar 2013 19:45:25 6,654 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Wilshere played well.
  • kalel 3 Mar 2013 19:52:10 86,414 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Arsenal were brilliant in the first half, but Lloris barely had a save to make in truth. I'm actually starting to think that us starting slowly is a tactic now. We've done it last few games and it's worked a treat.We're organised at the back and we know we can soak up pressure and score on the break. And so it is.
  • Dougs 3 Mar 2013 19:52:56 66,716 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thought we were great first half but gave away 2 poor goals (albeit not as poor as recently!) but very disappointing last 30 mins. Spurs defended well, fair play. In the few moments we got free we didn't produce enough. 7 points feels like too much but we'll see. Get within 3 with 4 games to go and anything could happen.
  • The-Bodybuilder 3 Mar 2013 19:54:19 14,075 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Spurs are gonna be so much better when Sandro returns, they keep Bale and get a proper WC striker (with that CL cash) next season. I predict them getting Higuain.
  • kalel 3 Mar 2013 19:55:12 86,414 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    Wilshere played well.
    He's different class.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 3 Mar 2013 19:55:55 6,654 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Higuain would be good.
  • Tom_Servo 3 Mar 2013 19:55:58 17,330 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You can already see the transfer saga.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 3 Mar 2013 19:56:50 6,654 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, I didn't see what people saw in him till recently.
  • kalel 3 Mar 2013 19:59:45 86,414 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can't ever see us ever signing a player that high profile. We just don't do it.

Even with CL money Levy won't turn into a different chairman overnight. We didn't really sign anyone last time we made the CL apart from VdV on a bargain last minute, and Pienaar the same. The Leandro saga may finally come to an end, but otherwise it'll be someone who isn't that well established, or possibly Michu or someone if the price is right.
  • Tom_Servo 3 Mar 2013 20:04:15 17,330 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think Michu will stay another year while Laudrup's there. They'll probably both go after that, since Laudrup only seems to be staying until his contract's up if what he's said recently is any indication.

But yeah, think you'll sign Leandro or someone similarly promising from a 'different' league/second tier European side. Can't really see someone like Higuain coming in (isn't he first pick over Benzema at the minute?).
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 3 Mar 2013 20:05:22 6,654 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Must be frustrating to be that tantalisingly close to being great though.
  • kalel 3 Mar 2013 20:08:50 86,414 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Some Spurs fans seem to find it absolutely infuriating yeah, but personally I'm qute content to be making the kind of progress we are. Levy has learnt about buying the wrong players the hard way and I agree with his policy.
  • nickthegun 3 Mar 2013 20:11:22 58,859 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    But yeah, think you'll sign Leandro
    Isnt that like a running gag at the moment?

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Tom_Servo 3 Mar 2013 20:13:23 17,330 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ha, pretty much.

It'll surely happen at some point (they bid for him every window anyway), and this summer seems right.
  • LeD 3 Mar 2013 20:16:50 6,210 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Arsenal were probably the better team overall, but same old story, need to actually score goals etc.
    I have no idea why you would make such an assessment, although I agree with the second part of the sentence.
  • kalel 3 Mar 2013 20:17:30 86,414 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It could well never happen but it sounds like Inter have overplayed their hand and missed the best chance to sell him at maximum profit. His stock is sinking and his contract is running out. But still, anyone else could buy him really.
  • Tom_Servo 3 Mar 2013 20:19:27 17,330 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Don't you have first refusal or something since you have that 'partnership' with them?
  • Page

of 5259 First / Last