The all-new Premier League thread Page 3296

• Page

of 5327 First / Last

• Shikasama 2 Mar 2013 20:23:35 6,700 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Liverpool are total flat-track bullies (will no doubt regret saying this when we play them).
    It's really funny because it shows how much of a 'one man team' they are. They walk over the likes of Wigan and Norwich because Suarez is just that good when he's on song. Against the better teams when he is being handled better they don't have the team to compensate.
  • RedSparrows 2 Mar 2013 20:38:00 22,214 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    To be fair, they haven't been bad (mostly) against the top-half, just not good enough.
  • welshben23 2 Mar 2013 20:41:56 1,079 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Bit disappointed in Swansea, fair bit of playacting and diving.
    Excuse my language. Fuck right off. Were you there?? I was. How the hell Cabaye wasn't sent off for his 2 footed lunge on Dyer I do not know! Why is Tiote even in the team, all he does is foul?
  • Syrette 2 Mar 2013 21:12:24 43,232 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No, I wasn't there. I'm not talking about off the ball incidents so how were you better off than me? If anything I saw considerably more than you because I had the benefit of being able to watch replays via my stream. I saw a few of your lot overdo things. Squealing in pain at one point then fine moments later. Don't think I'm the only one who thought that.

Feel free to disagree, maybe don't take it so personally next time? You won after all.

Edited by Syrette at 21:13:07 02-03-2013

• welshben23 2 Mar 2013 21:16:22 1,079 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm not taking it personally, honest. We were lucky to win, I thought a draw would've been a fair result. But the Dyer/Cabaye incident wasn't off the ball and happened in front of me and he came through the back of him with both feet.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 2 Mar 2013 22:01:43 9,756 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sunday papers running a story that an Arab consortium is to make a 1.5bn takeover bid for us. Anyone would be better than Kroenke tbf.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 2 Mar 2013 22:04:29 9,756 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I must add, I think the story is BS anyway.
  • faux_carnation 2 Mar 2013 22:17:45 9,172 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Liverpool are total flat-track bullies (will no doubt regret saying this when we play them).
    It's really funny because it shows how much of a 'one man team' they are. They walk over the likes of Wigan and Norwich because Suarez is just that good when he's on song. Against the better teams when he is being handled better they don't have the team to compensate.
    You obviously didn't see the game today then? Yes he got three goals, but the performance was about much more than that
  • Syrette 2 Mar 2013 22:23:47 43,232 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Sunday papers running a story that an Arab consortium is to make a 1.5bn takeover bid for us. Anyone would be better than Kroenke tbf.
    Aren't you getting 70m to spend in the summer? And you're STILL not happy?

Calm down guys, Spurs aren't confirmed as North London top dogs just yet! Nor do I think this Arab consortium would charge less for tickets etc, at least not immediately.

Edited by Syrette at 22:26:21 02-03-2013

• SuperCoolEskimo 2 Mar 2013 22:27:35 9,756 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Aren't you getting 70m in the summer? And you're STILL not happy?

Calm down guys, Spurs aren't confirmed as North London top dogs just yet!
    Er, eh? I just relayed what the papers are saying. I'm perfectly calm about the club and will continue to be regardless of what Spurs do.
  • Syrette 2 Mar 2013 22:30:14 43,232 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    I'm perfectly calm about the club and will continue to be regardless of what Spurs do.
    You won't be saying that tomorrow when Bale scores a hat-trick.

• Humperfunk 2 Mar 2013 22:31:14 2,066 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Fergie leaving Giggs out for his 1,000th game until the Madrid match, just to overshadow Ronaldo's return to Old Trafford is top class trolling, love it!

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• IMO 2 Mar 2013 22:31:55 5,624 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    I'm perfectly calm about the club and will continue to be regardless of what Spurs do.
    You won't be saying that tomorrow when Bale scores a hat-trick.
    Walcott'll get four.
  • TheSaint 2 Mar 2013 22:41:10 14,260 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Another two nailed on pens not given judging by motd.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 2 Mar 2013 22:41:58 9,756 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyway, apparently Malouda has been training with the Chelsea U14's recently. Lol.
  • IMO 2 Mar 2013 22:46:31 5,624 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Anyway, apparently Malouda has been training with the Chelsea U14's recently. Lol.
    That's taking the piss.
  • Dougs 2 Mar 2013 22:51:45 67,016 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Telegraph story is up

http://t.co/antTS1iHOM
  • Syrette 2 Mar 2013 22:58:19 43,232 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Arsenal already have it really good (70m etc etc), this wouldn't be fair :cry:

• kentmonkey 2 Mar 2013 23:15:53 20,530 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    "Mr Gazidis sir. The carefully timed story about the 70m transfer kitty hasn't sold as many season tickets as usual. What should we do?"

"Have we informed the public that Diaby will be back soon and like a new signing?"

"Yes sir, we have"

"Hmmm. I see. How many weeks of the season left are there?"

"About eight, sir"

"Well then, there's only one thing for it!"

"What's that sir?"

"Release a story about a 1.5bn consortium taking over 100% of the Arsenal shares in...just over eight weeks time"

"Oooh, very good sir. Very good."
  • Trowel 2 Mar 2013 23:48:15 17,524 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FIFA say the 2022 World Cup in Qatar might be moved to the winter, because APPARENTLY IT GETS A BIT HOT.

Fucking hell! How do these people get these jobs....
  • liamthemaster 2 Mar 2013 23:55:53 1,586 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fifa is a complete farce at this stage,they just seem to make up rules or ignore them when it's appropriate.
  • THFourteen 2 Mar 2013 23:59:21 33,089 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    it is understood that Gazidis would be unlikely to be retained
    Fuck me, sign me up ASAP.

Dunno how I'd feel about it, after years of hating Chelsea and City, to become what I hate... I dunno. Thing is, it doesn't look like anything is going to change in football, so if its the only way to compete maybe we should just do it.

I'd much rather the whole game went the way of FFP, but it won't.
  • President_Weasel 3 Mar 2013 00:17:04 9,126 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    FIFA say the 2022 World Cup in Qatar might be moved to the winter, because APPARENTLY IT GETS A BIT HOT.

Fucking hell! How do these people get these jobs....
    Bribery/mutual backscratching/making it clear they'll look favourably on bribes for most of them, and a mixture of petty, golf club level, office politics and incompetence in the case of the British contingent.

The UKs "sports administrators" can't even do corruption properly. They combine a willingness to take advantage of large salaries and a whole trough-full of perks with a wierd, spavined, vestigial remnant of the amateur sports morality.

"by Jove, our bid for the world cup didn't win? I don't understand it, we had a nice video and some good stadiums. You don't think the most famously corrupt and venal sports organisation in the entire world was swayed by... bribery?"

Lets try to put the best light on things we can though. Maybe Qatar has only recently developed hot summers, and we're just confused thinking it's a desert country that's always had 35 degree plus weather in the summer months?
  • dsmx 3 Mar 2013 00:35:07 7,582 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can only hope all the world leagues tell them to fuck off with having the world cup in the winter just to see what FIFA does.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• RobTheBuilder 3 Mar 2013 00:40:49 6,521 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It was obvious this would happen, FIFA are testing the water to see how bad the reaction is.

To be honest, given the heat in Qatar it might be pretty dangerous to play it in Summer. Plus not playing at the end of the season might give England a better shot.
  • The-Bodybuilder 3 Mar 2013 09:33:21 14,111 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Aren't you getting 70m to spend in the summer? And you're STILL not happy?

Calm down guys, Spurs aren't confirmed as North London top dogs just yet! Nor do I think this Arab consortium would charge less for tickets etc, at least not immediately.
    Your "ARSENAL FANS MOAN TOO MUCH" gig is really getting tired now.

SCE simply posted a recent headline and his thoughts, how or why that has you going on (again!) about us not being happy with our "70mil warchest" (note: There is no evidence of that so you should stop taking it as a fact) is beyond me.

Honestly, for someone who feels arsenal fans moan too much, you seem to be moaning more than anyone.
  • The-Bodybuilder 3 Mar 2013 09:35:53 14,111 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    IMO wrote:
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    That's taking the piss.
    I feel no mercy for the guy, and actually support Chelsea in all of this.
    He's clearly has not interest in wanting to play, and would rather sit on his arse and collect his paycheck rather than leave to play actual football.

IMO, they should have him setting up the goal posts and assisting the academy coaches.
  • nickthegun 3 Mar 2013 09:37:21 59,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would rather England pulled out of the world cup than it be played in the winter.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• President_Weasel 3 Mar 2013 11:22:00 9,126 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Have a winter break, play it in December, and hold the final on Boxing Day so we've all got something to distract us from talking to our families.
    It's a winner I tell you.

Of course, the time to discuss this stuff was before they awarded the competition to a country that is dangerously hot when it's traditionally played.
  • kalel 3 Mar 2013 11:46:54 86,743 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It really isn't that much hotter than Mexico or Brazil, or even California which is where it could have been if it hadn't been in Qatar.

It being in Qatar is corrupt as fuck, but the weather angle is being overplayed.
  • Page

of 5327 First / Last