The all-new Premier League thread Page 3292

• Page

of 5547 First / Last

• LeoliansBro 28 Feb 2013 15:49:00 44,507 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Ben "better than Bale" Arfa won't be back after all either.
    I think we're done with this one, don't you?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• kalel 28 Feb 2013 15:51:10 88,451 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Aw man, I've barely got started.
  • Blotto 28 Feb 2013 16:27:40 2,776 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Having now heard the full Benitez rant, I have to say I'n in pretty much total agreement with every word he said. The club set him up to fail and the fans behaved liked babies. Feel quite sorry for him to be honest.
    But everyone and his dog knew that was exactly what was going to happen. Even if Roman sweet talked him he still had to expect that there was a 99% chance that this was going to be the outcome if he couldn't make this team play.

Not saying he's not in a difficult position, but he must have known that this was exactly what was going to happen.
  • Ultrasoundwave 28 Feb 2013 16:31:29 3,339 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Ben "better than Bale" Arfa won't be back after all either.
    I think we're done with this one, don't you?
    Not a chance.

Kalel seems to believe that by mentioning it on every page he will somehow magically change my opinion.
    He doesn't seem to understand that even if he got every person on this forum to message me saying "Kalel is right, you are wrong" I still wouldn't change my mind.

Watch closely : I'm now going to toddle off to the gym, however, Kalel will most likely appear and tell me how wrong I am.

Also, for the record, no-one is better than Bale on current form in my opinion. My original statement was " I'd have a fully fit, on-form Ben Arfa in my team over Bale", purely because I think he is more skilful and he's better at taking a player on, so therefore I would enjoy watching him play more than Bale.

Toodle pip!

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• kalel 28 Feb 2013 16:32:47 88,451 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't see why it would be assumed the Chelsea fans would behave like petulant children to the detriment of the team's performances.

Do you think Spurs fans were happy about us bringing in George Graham, or signing Gallas or even Adebayor initially on loan? Many were not, and the reaction to Graham in particular was outrage.

However, we sucked it up and got behind them, because at the end of the day the success of the team is the most important thing. Chelsea fans have been unable to do this, and have made a bad situation (not really that bad originally in fact) worse, and as a result Chelsea is now a less appealing club to future managers, and may miss out on a crucial CL place next year.
  • Blotto 28 Feb 2013 16:40:08 2,776 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Take football fans (not know for their tolerance) and add in the fact that a popular manager has just been sacked that won them the champions league only to be replaced by a manager they all hate, you've got to suspect you're going to get booed.

I sort of agree that after awhile the abuse should have stopped, but realistically that would only have happened if the results had got better. Also, crucially he's only an interim manager for an owner who has no qualms sacking managers. I'd imagine many fans feel that if they keep booing he'll get sacked.

I'm not justifying Chelsea fans behaviour, just saying he really should have seen this coming.
  • kalel 28 Feb 2013 16:44:14 88,451 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think ht has two issues really. The first is that RA made the situation worse than it needed to be, and then partly as a result of that, the fans have continued to be counter-productive. The latter might always have bene the case, but I think he's right to feel aggrieved with RA.
  • CharlieStCloud 28 Feb 2013 16:45:44 5,285 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd love Benitez to spontaneously walk away at his own will.

... it'll be absolutely wonderful to see the whole team fall apart with no manager!

Edited by CharlieStCloud at 16:48:02 28-02-2013
  • Blotto 28 Feb 2013 16:45:57 2,776 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fair enough, but by now if Roman tells you that you have his full support no matter what, you take that with a truck full of salt.
  • nickthegun 28 Feb 2013 16:47:12 60,478 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I dont think chanting 'youre just a fat waiter' every five minutes does anyone any favours.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• kalel 28 Feb 2013 16:51:53 88,451 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I stil don't understand what the plan was in sacking Di Matteo. There was little chance of Rafa doing any better before the end of the season. At the time I was convinced he had Guardiola wrapped up for the summer, but apparently not.
  • Blotto 28 Feb 2013 16:53:59 2,776 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It must have been a play to try and persuade Guardiola. A sort of "Look I'll appoint an interim manager so you can literally walk in when you're ready with no hassle" but it back fired.
  • nickthegun 28 Feb 2013 16:54:04 60,478 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    'I need to get torres playing again. Lets get rafa derp'

• roz123 28 Feb 2013 16:54:18 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The anti Benitez chanting isn't that bad at all, I thought it would be worse and I've even been to a couple of games where it hasn't been sung at all. When it is sung its only a minority of fans and all they sing is a crappy song that goes "we don't care about rafa, he don't care about us, all we care about is chelsea fc". It doesn't carry round the ground well and its not like they are singing "fuck of Benitez" or "Your just a fat spanish waiter" like we used to when he was Liverpool manager, its not even as bad as "You don't know what your doing".
    The "One Di Matteo" chant is loud and clear but that has nothing to do with Rafa, he is just making excuses and blaming everyone else before he gets booted out for not doing well enough.

Edited by roz123 at 16:55:53 28-02-2013
  • nickthegun 28 Feb 2013 16:57:07 60,478 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heh, they have clearly been chanting the waiter thing on numerous occasions.

And of course the di matteo thing is to do with rafa. Do you think the cranks would bother singing it if he had got the boot for a returning mourinho?

• Humperfunk 28 Feb 2013 17:01:33 2,289 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    roz bruv, what's it like supporting such a shite club?

Not trolling, genuinely curious.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• roz123 28 Feb 2013 17:02:42 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The chelsea fans havent been singing "Fat Spanish Waiter", quite a lot of the opposition fans have though.

I think they would have sung that Di Matteo chant regardless who was brought in, he is a genuine club legend and deserved better treatment.
  • oceanmotion 28 Feb 2013 17:05:28 16,004 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I stil don't understand what the plan was in sacking Di Matteo. There was little chance of Rafa doing any better before the end of the season. At the time I was convinced he had Guardiola wrapped up for the summer, but apparently not.
    Don't know if I imagined it or not but when Matteo walked up the steps for the CL trophy, Roman looked rather cold when they met half way up. Maybe he just didn't like him or thought he hardly did anything. Wasn't Terry barking orders. Chelsea were jammy fucks really. Roman wants entertaining football so they say, maybe a hollow win for him.

Edited by oceanmotion at 17:07:26 28-02-2013
  • morriss 28 Feb 2013 17:16:43 71,129 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Having now heard the full Benitez rant, I have to say I'n in pretty much total agreement with every word he said. The club set him up to fail and the fans behaved liked babies. Feel quite sorry for him to be honest.
    I'm sure his extraordinary salary will help him through. :)
  • morriss 28 Feb 2013 17:18:15 71,129 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

Also, for the record, no-one is better than Bale on current form in my opinion. My original statement was " I'd have a fully fit, on-form Ben Arfa in my team over Bale", purely because I think he is more skilful and he's better at taking a player on, so therefore I would enjoy watching him play more than Bale.

But that's wrong, he isn't.
  • mikew1985 28 Feb 2013 17:30:20 12,890 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes
  • mikew1985 28 Feb 2013 17:31:08 12,890 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ben Arfa is more akin to Taarabt, albeit better, imo.
  • teamHAM 28 Feb 2013 17:37:11 3,059 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Ben Arfa is more akin to Taarabt
    Not this bullshit again.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• teamHAM 28 Feb 2013 17:41:13 3,059 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And in other news, I'm sure this has been covered already but some Man City kid has been given 16 months (read 8 months) in prison for killing two people in a car smash. Doing 60 in a 30 and this after having had a previous conviction for speeding excessively.

8 months for killing two people. Just wow. No wonder people don't give a shit about speeding.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• mikew1985 28 Feb 2013 17:46:12 12,890 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Ben Arfa is more akin to Taarabt
    Not this bullshit again.
    :)
  • liamthemaster 28 Feb 2013 17:48:51 1,602 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Injured Ben Arfa is better than injured Bale.
  • ResidentKnievel 28 Feb 2013 18:19:12 6,238 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ameobi is better than all of them

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• SuperCoolEskimo 28 Feb 2013 18:22:29 9,936 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Chelsea supporters group person on London Tonight just now looked about 15 years old.
  • Page

of 5547 First / Last