The all-new Premier League thread Page 3289

• Page

of 5488 First / Last

• Syrette 27 Feb 2013 22:53:19 43,529 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud

I want you to share your opinions/research of fans of the big clubs (Man Utd, Man City, Spurs, Villa, Everton, Newcastle, Arsenal etc).

• Dougs 27 Feb 2013 22:53:21 67,828 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Looks pretty much spot on to me.
  • roz123 27 Feb 2013 22:53:23 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    :lol: I hope the fat cunt goes tonight. He was chosen for the job because of his history with Torres (who has actually played worse since he joined). He had a chance, he completely failed. His style of play has made us very boring to watch and results have been poor. Good riddance
  • Syrette 27 Feb 2013 22:55:55 43,529 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah Chelsea should get another interim manager in before Mourinho rejoins in the summer (only to leave again a few months into next season after another falling out with Abramovich).

• CharlieStCloud 27 Feb 2013 22:58:02 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    I want you to share your opinions/research of fans of the big clubs (Man Utd, Man City, Spurs, Villa, Everton, Newcastle, Arsenal etc).
    ... do I get a Jaffa Cake for doing this?

And roz123, Torres actually scored a couple of goals and think (correct me if I am wrong please) he provided several assists when Rafa first arrived ... I remember this because there were articles going around at the time about Torres being 'back to his best'.

I do agree he has gone off the boil a fair bit now though.

50 MILLION!!

You guys are crazy.
  • Syrette 27 Feb 2013 23:02:32 43,529 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The team that benefited the most out of the Carroll-Torres saga was my lot.

• RedSparrows 27 Feb 2013 23:07:34 22,779 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Chelsea would be far better off getting rid of Abramovich.

Good luck.
  • liamthemaster 27 Feb 2013 23:10:38 1,601 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Have Chelsea fans had any protest ala united Glazers ? Odd considering he's the one doing everything sacking/hiring/buying/laundering
  • liamthemaster 27 Feb 2013 23:10:38 1,601 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    doobell poust

Edited by liamthemaster at 23:11:17 27-02-2013
  • Whizzo 27 Feb 2013 23:11:00 43,138 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Here's the audio itself.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Humperfunk 27 Feb 2013 23:13:20 2,249 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Not a fan of Rafa, but good on him. A joke club, the fans have shown us that alone with their treatment of him, let alone everything else.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Syrette 27 Feb 2013 23:13:38 43,529 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    lolsea

• LionheartDJH 27 Feb 2013 23:20:28 19,475 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    liamthemaster wrote:
    Have Chelsea fans had any protest ala united Glazers ? Odd considering he's the one doing everything sacking/hiring/buying/laundering
    Yes and also the one without who's cash they would be nowhere near where they are today. Why bite the hand that has fed so generously just because of the way he treats managers?

She dives for cheese pasties

• roz123 27 Feb 2013 23:28:38 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    liamthemaster wrote:
    We have been singing Di Matteos name every game when the clock gets to 16 minutes to show our dissapointment with the way the club treated him.

Roman is not the problem, we obviously would not have won half as much without him, its the people advising him who need to go.
    Chelsea fans made it clear that we didn't want Rafa in charge with banners and songs when he was linked with us after AVB was sacked. It was a stupid appointment and he knew what he was getting himself into from the start.
  • liamthemaster 27 Feb 2013 23:29:25 1,601 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's not just the managers it's getting involved with signing players too,I'm sure some Rich arab prince would be happy to have a play thing like Chelsea and not get involved to the Level Roman does.
  • Syrette 27 Feb 2013 23:30:25 43,529 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @liamthemaster

Agreed. Just give Abramovich the manager's job (JT as assistant) and get it over with already.

• Dougs 27 Feb 2013 23:35:57 67,828 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Seems Rafa is trying to force it... Same rant to all media, definitely premeditated.
  • LionheartDJH 27 Feb 2013 23:37:48 19,475 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    liamthemaster wrote:
    It's not just the managers it's getting involved with signing players too,I'm sure some Rich arab prince would be happy to have a play thing like Chelsea and not get involved to the Level Roman does.
    Yes they probably would, but Chelsea have Roman and he works the way he wants to. You want Roman's money, you do things Roman's way.

She dives for cheese pasties

• Subquest 27 Feb 2013 23:40:24 312 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @roz123
    Chelsea fans made it clear that we didn't want Rafa in charge

I think this is the crux of the Rafa situation. It's caused by the realisation by Chelsea fans that RA couldn't give a single solitary shit what they think. He sacked a club legend, and brought in someone they hate, and that they'd loudly made clear they hate, even though their reasons for hating him are flimsy playground piffle. So thereafter you get anti-Rafa chanting every game, which is doubtlessly demotivating whenever Chelsea find themselves in a tight spot, thus propogating further failure and so on.

Roman is not the problem, we obviously would not have won half as much without him, its the people advising him who need to go.

You really think RA is influenced that much by ANYBODY? Surely you can see that you've a megalomanic at the helm, one who doesn't care what you or anybody else thinks. But of course - he is not the problem, is he?
  • roz123 27 Feb 2013 23:59:09 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think Scheva would be his assistant manager

tbh the anti Rafa chants are really not that loud or anything it's more like the atmosphere has been sucked out of the stadium but I think that's partly down to Rafas tactics which have been a huge bore after the excitement of Di Matteos reign.

I think Michael Emenalo and Ron Gourlay have influence over Abramovich, they are his men and the two I would like to see go. Other then that I don't think Chelsea fans are going to cry too much about Roman, if things are going badly you can always rely on him to make changes. if he keeps throwing money around eventually things will work themselves out and the fans will be happy. Probably by the start of next season
  • RedSparrows 28 Feb 2013 00:16:17 22,779 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah Chelsea in the CL were really exciting.
  • roz123 28 Feb 2013 00:19:11 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah we really were, we gave Gary Neville multiple orgasms
  • puddleduck 28 Feb 2013 00:21:19 1,854 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Haha @RedSparrows :p Haven't they had crazy scorelines under Rafa, including some massive victories? Chelsea fans don't really use logic. It's hard to do so when the man who is ruining your club is also saving it. Causes a sort of meltdown. Spock would have a brain embolism.
  • roz123 28 Feb 2013 00:40:23 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    We had the 8-0 over Aston Villa but that was a bit of a freak result and its easy to forget about when you lose at home to the likes of Swansea and QPR. The Everton result was probably the real highlight of his reign so far.
    No one is in meltdown, every Chelsea fan I have spoke to has just put this down as a poor season and is looking forward to next one, hopefully with a new manager and champions league football. We have quite an exciting group of young players now so the future is pretty bright

Edited by roz123 at 00:43:17 28-02-2013
  • puddleduck 28 Feb 2013 01:02:01 1,854 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hmm, you didn't bite. How dull :D
  • President_Weasel 28 Feb 2013 01:02:42 9,343 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    "The likes of Swansea" are doing pretty fucking well for themselves at the moment.

Admittedly QPR are shit and losing to them is shameful and you should feel shame.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 28 Feb 2013 05:57:31 9,853 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fucking hilarious how Chelsea supporters will blame everyone but Roman for the situation they're in, knowing that if they revolt against him and he goes, they're up shit creek and back to where they were before he joined. They are completely dependent on him now and he's got the club bent right over for him to do what he wants to it, and the fans have no say in it whatsoever.

Truth of the matter is, it's not Rafa's fault, it's Roman's for hiring him. He obviously doesn't give a shit what the fans think or he'd have never hired him. And the point about not liking Rafa for the football they play is BS as the A4 signs were out before Chelsea had even kicked a ball under his management.
  • Commander-Keen 28 Feb 2013 09:26:00 808 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The way RA runs Chelsea is totally consistent with the way he runs his businesses and the way most of the Russian government is run - public failure is unacceptable, but so long as you keep a lid on it and hit your targets, doesn't matter if you're circus in the meantime.

The problem is that the way he's run Chelsea is totally unsustainable. He's been very, very short-termist from day one, and is now reaping what he's sown.

I have mixed feelings on the way Chelsea fans have behaved themselves - natch being a Spurs fan I can't have too much sympathy - but you see so many clubs which mean so much to people being batted about like the playthings of richer men and sometimes the mad reaction of people is a little more understandable. Take the story this morning about Cardiff being "rebranded". It was bad enough that they changed the colour to please a far eastern fanbase (which doesn't exist yet) but the name of the club too?
  • Page

of 5488 First / Last