The all-new Premier League thread Page 3270

• Page

of 5458 First / Last

• Shikasama 24 Feb 2013 21:03:05 6,819 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dredging up old comments is half the fun of the thread. Like when Kalel said he fancied Newcastle to get relegated when they sold Nolan and Barton, or when Aargh said Man City wouldn't finish in the top 4 the season they won the league or when I said that Lennon was the worst right winger in the league bar none.

We've all got a few stinkers out there.
  • kalel 24 Feb 2013 21:37:45 87,488 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    That was the first thing approaching a "personal attack" btw.
    This is not even close to true and it's laughable that you even think so. Just own it, kalel.
    Is this seriously about the comment I made about saving your posts about Ronaldo being more likely to sign for Preston? That was very mild banter! Not even slightly offensive.

Jesus. What a fuss over nothing.
  • Tom_Servo 24 Feb 2013 21:40:31 17,852 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Dredging up old comments is half the fun of the thread. Like when Kalel said he fancied Newcastle to get relegated when they sold Nolan and Barton, or when Aargh said Man City wouldn't finish in the top 4 the season they won the league or when I said that Lennon was the worst right winger in the league bar none.

Indeed. This isn't just a random stream of comments from "United123" in here. By and large we basically know each other when it comes to football. We know each other's opinions, our bugbears, etc. It makes this thread great.

I'm genuinely amazed it's brought this reaction on.
  • Mr_Sleep 24 Feb 2013 21:43:18 17,051 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Not me, I've never said anything the premiership thread that could even come close to a stinker. Nothing. Ever. All my comments are perfect.

You are a factory of sadness.

• morriss 24 Feb 2013 21:45:51 70,972 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Probably the straw that broke the camel's back innit.

Still, pretty peeved at Bale's comments about Arsenal when they could well finish above us again this season. I don't know why Arsenal are always the mark of Spurs progress. It's annoying. No harm in being confident and hopeful, but Spurs aren't 'better' than Arsenal until May, and the May after that, and the May after that. It's simply more ammo and motivation for them and more humiliation for Spurs fans when the inevitable happens
  • mangojoe 24 Feb 2013 21:52:44 418 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What did he say?
  • roz123 24 Feb 2013 21:57:35 7,113 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just got back from Manchester. it was an alright performance. City were the better team but they were at home and if we scored the pen it could have been a different result. Rafas substitutions and tactics when we went 1-0 down were poor, cant wait to see the back of that grinning fat cunt
  • Dougs 24 Feb 2013 22:42:51 67,569 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Enjoyed that Cisse goal. Offside you could argue, but a great hit.
  • puddleduck 24 Feb 2013 23:44:38 1,853 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @morriss

I would hope nearly every Spurs fan is painfully aware that a team who are apparently having a shocking season are still only a point behind us.

Really think Bale is off this summer regardless of where we finish, but the difference in players we might be able to replace him with if we have Champions League to offer rather than Europa-pa-pa again could be massive.
  • RedSparrows 25 Feb 2013 00:10:45 22,554 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21569882

What is this shit? Who cares? etc etc
  • Shikasama 25 Feb 2013 07:43:43 6,819 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That article is hilarious
  • kalel 25 Feb 2013 08:40:44 87,488 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I could do without all the comments to the press as well. I'm glad the team are confident and I hope it's genuine and not just gamesmanship, but even so, let the performances do the talking.
  • Dougs 25 Feb 2013 08:48:19 67,569 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Huge game for Spurs tonight I feel - get 3 points and I think you'll get top 4. Drop points and it means it's still not over regardless of what happens next weekend. Win and you've got some momentum going into the NLD and I think 7 points would be too much for us at this point though.
  • LeoliansBro 25 Feb 2013 08:59:27 44,072 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's been a long time since Spurs lost (or maybe I've not been paying attention, that's what it feels like anyway).

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• THFourteen 25 Feb 2013 09:01:20 33,381 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    in an ideal world the top 4 would be Utd, City, Arsenal and Spuds.

Still feel that chelsea could drop out.

Nolan hatty tonight, mark my words (and my points in the fantasy football)
  • Ultrasoundwave 25 Feb 2013 09:05:04 3,298 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The way Chelsea are going they wont even get top four - its worth remembering they finished 5th last year and i can honestly see them finishing there again.

If Spurs win tonight then i think 3rd is theirs TBH, which would be a remarkable achievement considering their lack of strikers.

Very happy with the Toon win - Cissť should be nailed on for GOTS too. Hopefully that gives him enough confidence to grab a few more in the next 12 games.

Saying that, not looking forward to playing the Swans on Saturday..... :|

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Dougs 25 Feb 2013 09:07:53 67,569 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    TBF, that Liverpool goal was better than Cisse's. It was a great hit still.
  • THFourteen 25 Feb 2013 09:09:26 33,381 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    People are making a lot of assumptions that Spurs will walk over us next Sunday.

Whilst thats possible, its also possible that we will randomly pull a performance out of the bag and win 7-3.

I still believe we can do something in the league. And when Diaby comes back from his latest injury he will be like a new signing
  • kalel 25 Feb 2013 09:11:50 87,488 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Literally nobody is assuming we will walk all over you.
  • kalel 25 Feb 2013 09:12:42 87,488 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Chelsea finished 6th last year btw.
  • kalel 25 Feb 2013 09:13:42 87,488 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In fact, as a Newcastle fan you should really know that...
  • Ultrasoundwave 25 Feb 2013 09:21:54 3,298 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A typo, 5 is right there next to 6. Apologies.

Bottom line is Chelsea are on a downward spiral IMO. They've been relying on Mata and Lampard too much recently.

The only thing that might work in their favour is that they have West Brom (without Lukaku), Fulham, West Ham and Southampton coming up.

• kalel 25 Feb 2013 09:26:40 87,488 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nah. Chelsea bought absolutely brilliantly in the summer. There's absolutely no way you can claim they're a worse team this year. They just need a top manager and they'll be right back up there. They're not a team on the decline.

That said it's possible they could slip out the top four again this year, but it's not indicative a general decline. And if it is, it's easily fixed with more cash which they have no shortage of.
  • Ultrasoundwave 25 Feb 2013 09:33:26 3,298 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    They just need a top manager and they'll be right back up there.
    Whatchoo talkin' bout fool?, they've already got a top manager!

"Que?"

• nickthegun 25 Feb 2013 09:36:12 59,835 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They have a better team with, arguably, a worse manager.

Although there is a pressure to play after buying all that attacking flair. It was easier to park the bus and rely on a drogba goal.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• kalel 25 Feb 2013 09:40:43 87,488 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's also pretty annoying that shipping Lukaku out on loan has worked an absolute treat, and they have a ready made top striker already on the books for next season.

Although the temptation to get in someone like Falcao or Cavani may also be quite strong. Genuinely don't think they need to though, other than perhaps to stop City signing them.
  • nickthegun 25 Feb 2013 09:44:12 59,835 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wouldnt be even a tiny bit surprised if they sold Lukaku to west brom and persevered with torres.

Hes looking immense, though. I cant believe hes only 19.

• kalel 25 Feb 2013 09:52:42 87,488 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well, they paid a decent amount for him and doubt they'd sell him at a loss considering how he's progressing.
  • nickthegun 25 Feb 2013 09:58:49 59,835 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, I suppose although you would have thought Ba would be starting ahead of torres, so they are a bit mental still.

• mikew1985 25 Feb 2013 10:06:43 12,720 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yea, unlikely he'll be sold to WBA, cost Chelsea around £17m didn't he?

I'm constantly amazed that he is only 19, how can he be that size? He's been so impressive this season though, he really does seem to be better every week.

What age did Drogba join Chelsea at, 24/25? It took him a good two seasons to get up to speed at that age, if Lukaku can keep improving over the next 2- 3 years he'll be unstoppable.
  • Page

of 5458 First / Last