The all-new Premier League thread Page 3261

• Page

of 4940 First / Last

• President_Weasel 18 Feb 2013 17:17:04 8,604 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    President_Weasel wrote:
    His "liver disease" was him drinking himself to death, controversially getting a replacement liver on the NHS, and then drinking himself to death some more. Alcoholism is a crippling curse to the poor bastards who suffer from it, but to say "liver disease" as though he was the blameless victim of a virus or something is disingenuous.
    Okay yeah, was completely wrong to say liver disease, but that bellend mocking someone over dying from alcoholism is a fucking pisstake.
    I completely agree with you.
  • THFourteen 18 Feb 2013 17:22:24 31,837 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    evild_edd wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    Just confidence mainly imo. And having 60k frustrated fans baying every time you miss etc can't help such fragile little minds. He's a good player who causes problems but has a real lack of composure.
    Gervinho's a massive bell end. Figuratively and literally.

Come on Dougs, even we Arsenal fans can now admit that Gervinho is purely and incontrovertibly a complete waste of space. Whether that's down to psychological or physical deficiencies is not only a moot point but a distracting one - the important fact is he's incapable of performing to standard required and has remained so for some time. Glue factory, as TH14 would put it.
    Someone made the point to me that all managers make transfer fuck ups, and its OK to do that.

The difference is, where the fuck is Bebe now, and why is Gervinho still anywhere near our first team.
  • kalel 18 Feb 2013 17:23:48 84,037 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    To be fair we still have Bentley in our books. Can anyone even remember the last game he was involved in?
  • The-Bodybuilder 18 Feb 2013 17:24:37 13,635 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    I'm fairly certain Dougs, LeD, TBB and Edd live off the twitter feeds so they'll know :-)
    Not anymore for me, mate.
  • The-Bodybuilder 18 Feb 2013 17:26:52 13,635 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    A) It would be funny

B) I cant believe that a player can just suddenly become shit.

Im still waiting for torres to have a run of form.
    Suddenly become?
    He had purple-patch season in france (like chamakh, and also, none of his goals were what FIFA would call "finesse shots"). Other than that season, he's actually playing exactly like how has been for the majoirty of his pro career.
  • President_Weasel 18 Feb 2013 17:27:45 8,604 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    evild_edd wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    Just confidence mainly imo. And having 60k frustrated fans baying every time you miss etc can't help such fragile little minds. He's a good player who causes problems but has a real lack of composure.
    Gervinho's a massive bell end. Figuratively and literally.

Come on Dougs, even we Arsenal fans can now admit that Gervinho is purely and incontrovertibly a complete waste of space. Whether that's down to psychological or physical deficiencies is not only a moot point but a distracting one - the important fact is he's incapable of performing to standard required and has remained so for some time. Glue factory, as TH14 would put it.
    Someone made the point to me that all managers make transfer fuck ups, and its OK to do that.

The difference is, where the fuck is Bebe now, and why is Gervinho still anywhere near our first team.
    Good player for Ivory Coast; terrible player for Arsenal. Is it just a confidence thing, or poor coaching and tactics, or poor management in that the rest of the team is unsuited to support him so buying him was stupid? Or some combination of 3 and 2 causing 1?
    Could he be good in another team?
  • The-Bodybuilder 18 Feb 2013 17:28:35 13,635 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    To be fair we still have Bentley in our books. Can anyone even remember the last game he was involved in?
    Our loss over the weekend? :D
  • kalel 18 Feb 2013 17:32:07 84,037 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That was an intentional set-up, but thanks for tapping it in :)
  • The-Bodybuilder 18 Feb 2013 17:33:11 13,635 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:
    Good player for Ivory Coast;
    That is a massive myth.
    He does the same for IC, but against weaker opposition, he's directness and dribbling is far mroe devastating.

It's like when some arsenal fans on twitter were claiming he was doing great in the ACN. Clearly weren't watching because he hardly featured, and he wasn't anywhere near the best winger, that accolade rightfully went to Chelsea and Nigeria's Victor Moses.

I'm sure people will also blame the fans for making him shite, but fact is, no fan has the expectation to boo a new player. The frustrations came BECAUSE of his shite finishing and decision-making, it wasn't the other way round like some would like us o think.

Even his purple-patch at the beginning of the season, one could see none of his goals were born out of composure, he was simply just leathering that ball in the hope it went somewhere into the goal. He's always scored goals like that, both for Lille and IC. I can't recall him ever placing the ball in the net with his inside-foot.
  • The-Bodybuilder 18 Feb 2013 17:34:03 13,635 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Ah my bad, I bit like Ecu on a De Gealol bait.
  • kalel 18 Feb 2013 17:43:07 84,037 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I personally fear the idea of Dein going back to Arsenal. I think you could argue that he was more influential in Arsenal's glory years than Wenger was.
  • The-Bodybuilder 18 Feb 2013 18:07:30 13,635 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Definitely so.

However it seems some people (existing board, many of which aren't even in good light) and some fans would like to demonize Dein too.
  • President_Weasel 18 Feb 2013 18:16:26 8,604 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    That's not fair, Ecu faces a lot more trolls than other posters, and statistically he only responds to a small proportion of them, it's not fair to compare him to other forumites who get fewer trolls, etc and so on.
  • Syrette 18 Feb 2013 18:17:16 41,924 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    wah

Edited by Syrette at 18:17:49 18-02-2013

• kalel 18 Feb 2013 18:17:45 84,037 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Again, thanks.
  • Syrette 18 Feb 2013 18:19:12 41,924 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    As if you saw that ;)

Colour me impressed.

• Dougs 18 Feb 2013 19:25:56 64,963 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:

Probably because a) Gervinho is a much better player than Bebe and therefore warrants keeping more than Bebe did b) we can't afford to write off players after such a short period of time.
  • Syrette 18 Feb 2013 19:29:29 41,924 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Do most Arsenal fans moan as much as you lot do?

You're still in the Champions League, you'll probably finish in the top 4 again this season*, you're going to get loads of spending money in the summer thanks to your new kit deal plus naming rights cash.

* once Bale gets injured/Chelsea implode again

• Dougs 18 Feb 2013 19:29:55 64,963 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I personally fear the idea of Dein going back to Arsenal. I think you could argue that he was more influential in Arsenal's glory years than Wenger was.
    He made 2 huge contributions - hiring Wenger in the first place and convincing Bergkamp to come. He was a good football politician that clearly had contacts and could close a deal, but I think it's a stretch to say he was more influential. The environment was different for starters - for the most part, we could pay big wages, knowing only Utd and Liverpool could compete - both in terms of salary and cachet.
  • The-Bodybuilder 18 Feb 2013 19:30:47 13,635 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    That's not fair, Ecu faces a lot more trolls than other posters, and statistically he only responds to a small proportion of them, it's not fair to compare him to other forumites who get fewer trolls, etc and so on.
    :D
  • Dougs 18 Feb 2013 19:30:56 64,963 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Syrette Some moan far, far more! Twitter/AFC boards are a nightmare mostly.
  • Fozzie_bear 18 Feb 2013 19:33:43 15,346 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Syrette wrote:

You're still in the Champions League, you'll probably finish in the top 4 again this season*, you're going to get loads of spending money in the summer thanks to your new kit deal plus naming rights cash.

The huge wodge of spending money news story has found its way into the papers at a convenient time for season ticket renewals, hasn't it? Is this an annual event?

Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

• The-Bodybuilder 18 Feb 2013 19:34:11 13,635 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrette wrote:

Bit rich coming from the man known for the infamous "fan-o-meter".
  • Dougs 18 Feb 2013 19:35:20 64,963 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fozzie_bear wrote:

The huge wodge of spending money news story has found its way into the papers at a convenient time for season ticket renewals, hasn't it? Is this an annual event?
    Twice yearly. Firstly for the Club Level renewals (min 3k), then us plebs around the end of May (min 985).
  • Syrette 18 Feb 2013 19:35:25 41,924 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Syrette wrote:

Bit rich coming from the man known for the infamous "fan-o-meter".
    That's in the past for me tbf, teamHAM has taken over control of it now.

• THFourteen 18 Feb 2013 19:42:16 31,837 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Syrette wrote:

Absolutely. Dougs is the only arsenal fan I know who doesn't moan. Even Kay has had a small moan this season now and then and he NEVER moans.

No one is saying that things are horrendous.

People are saying that we should be doing a lot better and not losing domestic cups to lower league opposition.

You can't deny that the team is slowly declining every year, every time a player leaves, a slightly worse one comes in.

Why can't we moan about that?
  • THFourteen 18 Feb 2013 19:52:08 31,837 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jesus just watched the interview with sound on. Artetas face is a picture.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21498386

I actually hope he does leave because I don't think he deserves to be treated with quite as much disrespect from the media and his own fans as he is at the moment.
  • Trowel 18 Feb 2013 20:11:06 16,887 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jesus is an Arsenal fan?
  • kalel 18 Feb 2013 20:15:31 84,037 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not sure Wenger gets "disrespect" from the media. Are they supposed to just ignore results like the weekend? Nothing about that video was disrespectful.
  • kentmonkey 18 Feb 2013 20:23:16 20,092 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    All managers get disrespect from the media. Anybody that's anybody gets disrespect from the media.

Grow a pair and get over it. It'll never change. They're vultures.

And I'm not sure it's disrespect from many fans. I don't think many intend it as such anyway. It's more frustration - that nothing seems to change and that the methodology of 'just go out lads, tap it about, keep positive and a goal will come' and playing with a formation that seems to not be suited to many players at the club has gone on for too long and has become too much for many.

When he had some of the best players in the world (invincibles) he could use that approach. They were intelligent and class players.

With this bunch, they need a different approach. That much is obvious. And we're sticking with a formation that hasn't worked for years now, since 09 from memory. Either play the formation that suits the players available (which may change game on game, like Utd even have to), or buy players that suit the formation you intend to play every week.
  • Page

of 4940 First / Last