of 5258 First / Last

• Fozzie_bear 11 Feb 2013 22:18:36 15,489 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    TVoJ wrote:
    Fozzie_bear wrote:
    TVoJ wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    Ha. You fit the club perfectly. Guess the truth hurts, eh? :)
    What? You make little sense.
    I can see exactly what he means. Makes perfect sense.
    No it doesn't. I'm not hurting from any truth.
    Not that bit. The bit about you fitting the club perfectly. That seems spot on.

Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

• Syrette 11 Feb 2013 22:19:48 43,105 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted

• Syrette 11 Feb 2013 22:20:11 43,105 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    And I would just like to add that Gary Neville is a snivveling little runt, who, if he weren't a football player, would be a dole claiming, drug addled makings of a snotty nosed kid, in school, being bullied for being a sniveler runt-boy.

Top c*nt, seeing you try to be impartial is as painful as watching the game itself.

They can all fuck off, spoilt, over rated and over paid. This club is no longer Liverpool football club. We're owned by remote, foreigners who really, don't give a flying fuck other than the global marketing of the club. I don't blame Rodgers, but come on let's be honest. We need a prolific, experienced manager. And the problem lies there, we've not had that since rafa left ( kenny mk2 don't count, he was out the game for far too long, but to be fair to him, he was doing a better job than the current guy and I could see progress at least) You can't pick up a big club and make it start running unless you got the wins to your record. Someone's calling the shots at this club, and they don't have a clue what their doing, that's why we're not moving forward.

To me the most scarey thing was not that Enrique makes Andre Dossena look good, not that Agger really can't defend, not that Stewart Downing was probably our best player, not that their attitude was criminal but that the manager paid 11 million for Borini. Fucking hell. What does that tell you about his playing spotting credentials? His signings are too wank to get picked and we really do know why.

Not only have we lost

Weve got David fucking Moyes and Gary Fucking Neville battering Suarez for the penalty on Sky

I want to be unconscious
    Edited by Syrette at 22:20:58 11-02-2013

• Jono62 11 Feb 2013 22:22:38 13,961 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wow at that first comment.
  • Jono62 11 Feb 2013 22:24:17 13,961 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Don't say the pen award was harsh, Brendan. RAWK won't like that.
  • Fozzie_bear 11 Feb 2013 22:27:51 15,489 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    How's Brendan bingo going in the interview?

I've got "outstanding", "progress", "dominated the first half", "possession" and "long term project" on my card. Do I win?

• Dougs 11 Feb 2013 22:29:27 66,713 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    And Fozzie, I've only just got your post. I'm tired, waiting to feed a new born baby.
  • Trowel 11 Feb 2013 22:30:18 17,447 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    OptaJoe: "34 - Only once in the 3 points for a win era have Liverpool had fewer points from 26 games than they do this season (1992-93: 34). Slump."
  • X201 11 Feb 2013 22:30:52 15,143 posts
    Seen 7 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    It's fitting that the whole first page is nothing to do with football.
    Seems appropriate given the Premier League.
  • FWB 11 Feb 2013 22:31:59 43,849 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Good stuff then. :) Of course we will lose to them cos Suarez will stamp all over our players and throw himself about, but for now this is great fun.
  • Syrette 11 Feb 2013 22:32:31 43,105 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Football died tonight lads

• Trowel 11 Feb 2013 22:32:50 17,447 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fozzie_bear wrote:
    How's Brendan bingo going in the interview?

I've got "outstanding", "progress", "dominated the first half", "possession" and "long term project" on my card. Do I win?
    "We've been on a terrific run. I'm very disappointed with the goal. That first goal was crucial.

"I can't fault the players though. We weren't at our best but we were on the front foot for most of the game. It's a good away performance from West Brom.

"If you can keep it to 0-0 you always have a chance. And Ben Foster has made some fantastic saves to keep them in the game. Losing is a big disappointment but we'll be back in tomorrow and get going again."

And on Gerrard's saved spot-kick that turned the game in West Brom's favour, Rodgers added: "He's got the courage to get up and take it. There's no blame. It was a good save."
  • LionheartDJH 11 Feb 2013 22:33:19 19,359 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You can't pick up a big club and make it start running unless you got the wins to your record.
    rly?

She dives for cheese pasties

• FWB 11 Feb 2013 22:34:39 43,849 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You really do support the wrong club, Lion.
  • Trowel 11 Feb 2013 22:36:51 17,447 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    You can't pick up a big club and make it start running unless you got the wins to your record.
    rly?
    Good shout. And of course, this failure
  • Syrette 11 Feb 2013 22:38:28 43,105 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tony Scott @Tony_Scott11

John Aldridge has just said "our ambition for this season is to finish above Everton".

• SuperCoolEskimo 11 Feb 2013 22:41:35 9,725 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rodgers: 'I'm just disappointed for the players, they've been on a terrific little run' - they've not won in 4, and lost to Oldham.

Also from some of those quotes on the last page, what the hell is a 'prolific manager?' One who puts out a new XI every game? Buys a new squad every window?
  • TVoJ 11 Feb 2013 22:45:00 1,746 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So basically if you're not as good as Messi and Ronaldo then you ain't world class. So there are exactly 2 world class players in the whole world. Righto Moyes and Neville.
  • SolidSCB 11 Feb 2013 22:45:26 6,405 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    When Brendan Rodgers said he thought Liverpool could finish second I didn't realise he meant in every game.
    Yep. This is our winner today :D
  • FWB 11 Feb 2013 22:48:45 43,849 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The term "world class" is seriously overused. Anyone remotely decent for a few minutes gets the title. I would apply it to a player that is not only at a very, very high level, but would be so at virtually any club in the world. Struggle to find those in the PL.

Messi and Ronaldo are in a class of their own though. Not fair to judge everyone else by them.

Edited by FWB at 22:49:44 11-02-2013
  • Syrette 11 Feb 2013 22:58:01 43,105 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Messi and C Ronaldo are on the Maradona/Pele/Di Stefano/Zidane/Puskas/Cruyff level of greatness.

They will go down as two of the best footballers ever, and Messi if he wins anything with Argentina will surely go down in history as the best footballer of all time unless he suffers a career ending injury any time soon. Ronaldo's not far behind, and he's 'only' 28 so still many years ahead of him (albeit his pace won't get any better).

... Zidane is still my favourite footballer ever though.

Edited by Syrette at 22:58:43 11-02-2013

• Syrette 11 Feb 2013 23:02:59 43,105 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    I would apply it to a player that is not only at a very, very high level, but would be so at virtually any club in the world. Struggle to find those in the PL..
    Yup. Off the top of my head only Van Persie, Rooney and (at the moment) Bale could play and start for any team in the world (outside of Barca - they simply re good enough without the aforementioned).

Some players are capable of being 'world class' at times, but not consistently. Suarez for one.

A few teams are lucky enough to have players of such quality - like Suarez - that they immediately stand out even amongst teammates of the ability (not getting any younger mind) as Gerrard.

Edited by Syrette at 23:04:44 11-02-2013

• FWB 11 Feb 2013 23:06:42 43,849 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Would probably agree with that. Tho not Ben Arfa. :)

Rooney is touch and go at times though.
  • King_Edward 11 Feb 2013 23:09:56 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Kompany and Vidic (assuming he's not lost it) could probably play for just about anyone.
  • Syrette 11 Feb 2013 23:13:35 43,105 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Tho not Ben Arfa. :)
    Sssh ;)

HBA can do some amazing things with a ball to be fair. Even on a bad day you could put together a highlights video lasting a minute or so and be impressed by it. He's special and he should be playing for a better club, one for whom he might be more consistently influential.

• Fozzie_bear 11 Feb 2013 23:22:23 15,489 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    And Fozzie, I've only just got your post. I'm tired, waiting to feed a new born baby.
    Giggs danced down the wing, lovely cross into the box. Keeper's missed it.... And it falls to Gervinho in front of the open goal.

The arsenal man hangs his head in shame and the aged utd man can only look on in disbelief.

• The-Bodybuilder 12 Feb 2013 05:02:32 14,074 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    I always feel bad about laughing at Liverpool when Lionheart posts, but then some of the other Liverpool fans will come in to make it all justifiable again
    This. Lionheart is the only lfc fan I respect in this place.
    but still, can't miss out on a good lol.
  • kalel 12 Feb 2013 09:31:45 86,409 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Still think the Liverpolols are slightly out of proportion these days. Rodgers is a bit of a nob but he's not in the same league as Kenny and Rafa in those terms, and I think he's got them headed in the right direction.
  • TheSaint 12 Feb 2013 09:36:45 14,201 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think most of the lols are reserved for their deluded fans. Still worth noting that they have yet to beat a team in the top half so far this season.
  • imamazed 12 Feb 2013 09:41:36 5,524 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Boos at the final whistle. That's the loudest Liverpool's fans have been all night.

And it was definitely a dive. Olsson just positioned himself behind the cunt and he went flying to the floor like a sack of shit.
    Bit late, but this.

Outraged when the peno was given, then overjoyed by the fantastic save. Great result.
  • Page

of 5258 First / Last