The all-new Premier League thread Page 3237

• Page

of 4881 First / Last

• Kay 7 Feb 2013 11:28:21 17,395 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jeez, looks like at least a couple of people missed the joke in my post about Wilshere.

Edited by Kay at 11:29:16 07-02-2013
  • Mr_Sleep 7 Feb 2013 11:36:02 16,221 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Its not just the price, its the fact that you have played awful football for nearly three years.

But, yeah, the dwindling attendances are a worry. We weathered the storm by having loyal fans and nearly filling the ground every week. If you have a load of fickle bastards, you really will struggle when you go down.
    Well yeah, that's also a factor, I think three years is unfair, we were fucking dire under McLeish but Houllier was moving in the right direction and under Lambert we're playing some decent football but defending exceptionally badly and not getting the results. The attacking players have actually been pretty decent in patches this season.

If ticket prices stabalise in line with the championship then I wouldn't be surprised if a whole bunch of fans come back to the club. I'm under the impression that a lot of the problem is not so much fickleness but rather that people can't afford the luxury of football. The midlands is a bit fucked at the moment from what I understand.

You are a factory of sadness.

• nickthegun 7 Feb 2013 11:37:14 55,848 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Whats your average price for a ticket?

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• RedSparrows 7 Feb 2013 11:37:57 20,747 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    They need the other 52% to service their massive debt.
    True dat. But then, their turnover is miles ahead of the others.
  • Mr_Sleep 7 Feb 2013 11:45:49 16,221 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Whats your average price for a ticket?
    Depends on the match and there's various deals but it's around 20 to 50.

You are a factory of sadness.

• kalel 7 Feb 2013 11:51:09 83,852 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Which is why a leech attached itself to them.

It's quite hard to come to a conclusion on wether Man U are in a good or bad position overall. It's good but precarious I think is the best way to sum it up.
  • mikeck 7 Feb 2013 11:55:54 1,837 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    "Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas says that striker Emmanuel Adebayor is in a race against time to get back from the Africa Cup of Nations to play for Spurs against Newcastle on Saturday.

He is set to be play even though he has still not left South Africa after Togo were knocked out on Sunday.

"We are trying to establish the best flight connections for him," Andre Villas-Boas said. "He will be selected for sure.""

What. The. Fuck.

Why is he still fucking over there if they were knocked out on fucking SUNDAY!

Twats.
  • Dougs 7 Feb 2013 12:00:37 64,887 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ha, I said he'd go missing, always happens. One player (might have been Toure?) went missing for weeks after one of them - although in fairness, they did win it so went back to their home country for some parade etc.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 7 Feb 2013 12:02:01 6,654 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Reports are that Lampard is being offered a new deal at Chelsea after all.
  • kalel 7 Feb 2013 12:02:13 83,852 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There was some nonsense about the private jet that was to take them from SA back to Togo never turning up. None of the Togo players are back yet.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 7 Feb 2013 12:54:04 6,654 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Jamie Carragher retires at the end of the season.
  • kalel 7 Feb 2013 12:54:54 83,852 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shame, he's been a good servent to Spurs for a long time now. We'll miss his goals.
  • nickthegun 7 Feb 2013 12:55:17 55,848 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    hah!

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• President_Weasel 7 Feb 2013 13:04:06 8,604 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    Jeez, looks like at least a couple of people missed the joke in my post about Wilshere.
    Whistled by miles over my head.
    I just get annoyed by people thinking players should be blindly loyal to clubs.
  • Dougs 7 Feb 2013 13:10:16 64,887 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Of course we do, we're fans and want the players to feel the same about the club as we do. It's naive and irrational, but hey, that's being a football fan.
  • billythekid 7 Feb 2013 13:13:36 10,800 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Carragher has scored three league goals for Liverpool, and seven own goals.
  • kalel 7 Feb 2013 13:14:18 83,852 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He scored more for Spurs than our strikers Postiga, Rasiak and Saha combined.
  • Trowel 7 Feb 2013 14:16:27 16,846 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Even scored an own goal in his testimonial when he took our penalty (quite funny to be fair).
  • mikeck 7 Feb 2013 14:17:50 1,837 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @kalel That is a depressing fact for those three strikers.

Funny as fuck though.
  • MadCaddy13 7 Feb 2013 14:24:55 1,840 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I had Postiga in one of my teams on champ manager - scored 3 goals in 3 minutes in injury time against Liverpool for me, won it 5-4!
  • kalel 7 Feb 2013 14:51:12 83,852 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Postiga scored for Portugal last night in fact. Took him a while to come good but he does seem to be fairly highly rated these days.
  • reddevil93 7 Feb 2013 15:14:26 11,247 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:

It's quite hard to come to a conclusion on wether Man U are in a good or bad position overall. It's good but precarious I think is the best way to sum it up.
    If the club can handle the transition from SAF to the next manager we'll be sorted. There really is no shortage of money for investment which the Glazers have proven, they'll spend enough to keep us very competitive and spend the rest servicing the debt or lining their pockets. Debt is hugely reduced and even the much criticised IPO is looking like a good call, shares up from $12 opening point to $17.50 and some big name investors getting behind us. Club valued at $3b at present.

As I said, changing managers will be a huge task but I like to think Fergie is one of the best paid managers in the world so should be able to attract another top name (or nick AVB). :)

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 7 Feb 2013 15:16:27 6,654 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ssn is getting pundits to make comparisons between Wilshere an Gascoigne???

He doesn't even dribble. Nothing like him imo.
  • Dougs 7 Feb 2013 15:18:48 64,887 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Entirely different players. Spastics
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 7 Feb 2013 15:19:57 6,654 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    He did play well though.
  • CharlieStCloud 7 Feb 2013 15:22:26 4,660 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    For all of Gascoigne's troubles, he was entirely another player altogether (compared to Wilshere), as in blooming incredible!
  • ecureuil 7 Feb 2013 15:22:50 76,009 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:

If the club can handle the transition from SAF to the next manager we'll be sorted. There really is no shortage of money for investment which the Glazers have proven, they'll spend enough to keep us very competitive and spend the rest servicing the debt or lining their pockets. Debt is hugely reduced and even the much criticised IPO is looking like a good call, shares up from $12 opening point to $17.50 and some big name investors getting behind us. Club valued at $3b at present.

As I said, changing managers will be a huge task but I like to think Fergie is one of the best paid managers in the world so should be able to attract another top name (or nick AVB). :)
    And here's a projection of the next few years.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 7 Feb 2013 15:25:29 6,654 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    For all of Gascoigne's troubles, he was entirely another player altogether (compared to Wilshere), as in blooming incredible!
    Big time. His movement and balance when he ran with the ball was close to Maradona.
  • kalel 7 Feb 2013 15:30:47 83,852 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    If the club can handle the transition from SAF to the next manager we'll be sorted.

This is sort of like saying "if we can just nail cold fusion that the world energy crisis will be sorted". It's more than a huge task.

There really is no shortage of money for investment which the Glazers have proven

Have they? Even RvP was cheap compared to the fees that City and Chelsea have been paying. You're spending in recent years has been relatively frugal.

Overall it's a far from doom and gloom picutre, however, the Glazers appear to want to spend little more than absolutely necessary, which thanks to Fergie isn't much. The next guy has a hell of a task on his hands.
  • kalel 7 Feb 2013 15:32:11 83,852 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    ssn is getting pundits to make comparisons between Wilshere an Gascoigne???

He doesn't even dribble. Nothing like him imo.
    You're bang out of order. Gazza can't help the dribbling, he's got serious mental health problems.
  • Page

of 4881 First / Last