The all-new Premier League thread Page 3218

• Page

of 5663 First / Last

• ResidentKnievel 2 Feb 2013 22:48:06 6,291 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Sissoko looks a bit good doesn't he?
    Aye, he looked like a complete player in the highlights, was good in the Villa game, too.

Lets hope he's more than the flash in the pan that Cisse turned out to be.

Edited by ResidentKnievel at 22:49:34 02-02-2013

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• THFourteen 2 Feb 2013 22:51:53 34,475 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Megapocalypse wrote:
    The more I see that goal the more I hate Senderos. Just header the ball you twat don't duck under it. :(
    Years of Arsenal defensive training... It never leaves you.
  • IMO 2 Feb 2013 22:54:46 5,749 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Has Agbonlahor been at the pies?
  • RelaxedMikki 2 Feb 2013 23:13:14 941 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Please help me out.

There was a youtube video posted on here a week or two ago of an incredible goal. I think it was in the Belgium league. It was like one of those games of 'three and in' where the ball was not allowed to touch the ground. Three or four players flicking the ball up in the air and then a volleyed finish.

If you can dig that video out I would be really grateful. Thanks. It really was a sweet goal.

EDIT: searched a bit more. I think that ecurail may have pasted it in the 'Best goal ever' thread. But the link to youtube has since died...

Edited by RelaxedMikki at 23:18:36 02-02-2013
  • kentmonkey 2 Feb 2013 23:24:09 20,933 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Can I just add that I hate stoke. Fucking wankers, detestable team and manager.
    @THFourteen just to add some fuel to the fire
  • IMO 2 Feb 2013 23:46:21 5,749 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They've even turned Owen into an aggressive knobend.

Edited by IMO at 23:46:39 02-02-2013
  • captbirdseye 2 Feb 2013 23:51:19 5,467 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It seems a lot of Stokies are fed up with Pulis as they 've booed off the past few games.
  • ecu 3 Feb 2013 00:08:26 77,324 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's not looking good for Gazza.

Unfortunately this is a very sad but very true account of a dinner I attended last night with Paul. It was a fundraising event for Northampton Town and a breast cancer charity and friends of mine had a table. I decided to drive down from Aberdeen yesterday and tie it in with the weekend in Newcastle I have planned for the game on Saturday. After what I saw last night, I really wish I hadn't.

There was about 500 in attendance at the dinner and worryingly, minutes after everyone took our seats the compare for the evening introduced himself and announced the plan for the evening, dinner, raffle, auction, Gazza speaking followed by a Q&A and then the comedian.

We began eating and between the starter and main the compare took to the stage again and told us that unfortunately Gazza was very ill. He had taken a funny turn which isn't uncommon due to the medication he takes and he should really be in hospital, not speaking at a dinner but he has insisted on appearing as its a charity event and be will go to hospital immediately afterwards. He asked us all to be understanding towards Gazza and be patient when he appears.

Following the main course it was announced that Gazza was extremely ill so he would be coming out now and speaking so be could get to hospital as soon as her finished and we would get desert once he'd finished.

Gazza's agent then took to the stage and told us Gazza had had 2 pints earlier and taken a funny turn so he would answer a few questions then go straight to hospital. He reiterated Gazza had only had 2 pints and what we were about was not what it looked like so please be patient and remember Gazza for the good times he gave us, not for how he looks today. (It was like a funeral speech to be honest before he'd even come out)
    Gazza was then aided onto stage by 2 bouncers. When I say aided, there was no way at all he could walk unaided. He was sat on a sofa on the stage and given a microphone. His agent asked him who the best player he's ever played with was and Gazza said 'Brian Robson. But he's a cunt. They're all cunts. You're all cunts.'

His agent apologized to everyone and then Gazza apologized as well. He said as be started crying 'I'm sorry, 3 days on the whiskey, I'm sorry.'
    He was shaking uncontrollably for the 5 minutes he was on the stage. It was like a very serious case of Parkinson's. He broke down 3 times in the 5 minutes or so he was on stage apologizing and saying this time he'll get better. Between apologies he struggled to answer questions and just told us that other people were cunts.

It was horrible seeing my hero who I drove for 7 hours yesterday to see in that condition. There was a lump in everyone's throat when he left the stage. The room really did have the atmosphere of a funeral and the consensus was certainly that he does not have long left.
    Tabloids have started reporting this story so it looks like it's true..
  • Sid-Nice 3 Feb 2013 00:14:20 15,851 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I thought the MOTD highlights were a bit crap; omitting the first 15 minutes when we were absolutely brilliant. I feel sorry for Ba but I still donít think it was a penalty; it was accidental, not intentional. As for dangerous play Ba could have broken Colocciniís foot with his head.

NNID Sid-Nice

• convz 3 Feb 2013 00:46:46 382 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't think it has to be intentional to be a penalty

If you miss the ball with a high boot and kick another player in the face, IMO that's a foul

Definitely not a red as the commentator suggested it should have been though

Edited by convz at 00:48:27 03-02-2013
  • Lamb 3 Feb 2013 00:56:29 475 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thats very dangerous play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ic9Y0jYzGY
  • roz123 3 Feb 2013 01:02:40 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's a pen and its probably a red card, would have ruined a good game though and they have been few and far between been since Benitez has put his stamp on the team.

Great to see Lampard getting another goal, 10 in 12 premier league starts this season and each one is edging him closer to being our top scorer ever. I think hes 5 or 6 away now and not far from Robbie Fowlers position of 4th highest premier league goal scorer. He did miss a couple of decent chances today but its a bit retarded playing someone so prolific in that deep midfield role. Neither him or Ramieres are really suited to it
  • King_Edward 3 Feb 2013 01:05:24 11,471 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yellow and a pen in my book. Although it usually is the case that if the player gets the shot away they don't give the foul.

And a red for Cisse.

Edited by King_Edward at 01:08:09 03-02-2013
  • ecu 3 Feb 2013 01:09:08 77,324 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's just a penalty, that's all. Collocini had every right to go for it, and Demba Ba didn't need to go flying in with his head. That's just the nature of the game.
  • Lamb 3 Feb 2013 01:20:04 475 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    It's a pen and its probably a red card, would have ruined a good game though and they have been few and far between been since Benitez has put his stamp on the team.
    More like it helped decide it.
  • Lamb 3 Feb 2013 01:22:58 475 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    It's just a penalty, that's all. Collocini had every right to go for it, and Demba Ba didn't need to go flying in with his head. That's just the nature of the game.
    No they keep fouling our players intentionally, lets see what happens when everyone adopts the same playing style.
  • King_Edward 3 Feb 2013 01:24:08 11,471 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Lamb wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    No they keep fouling our players intentionally, lets see what happens when everyone adopts the same playing style.
    Who?

Edited by King_Edward at 01:24:20 03-02-2013
  • Lamb 3 Feb 2013 01:26:25 475 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This season Terry got taken out. Last season Drogba got punched in the back of the head. Season before Cech got kicked in the head.
  • Lamb 3 Feb 2013 01:28:04 475 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dangerous play has to be looked at.

Edited by Lamb at 01:28:50 03-02-2013
  • King_Edward 3 Feb 2013 01:28:44 11,471 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh right. I didn't realise you were a paranoid idiot.
  • Lamb 3 Feb 2013 01:29:15 475 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Extremely
  • teamHAM 3 Feb 2013 01:35:47 3,153 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Let's all forget about the two footed Ramires lunge on Jonas eh.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Lamb 3 Feb 2013 01:39:10 475 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Something that actually keeps a player out for two months deserves to be looked at with a microscope.
  • Lamb 3 Feb 2013 05:27:47 475 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If that isn't a karate kick then what is?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2272513/Benitez-fuming-Coloccini-swerves-red-Ba-nose-break.html#axzz2JoJqTZER
  • Deleted user 3 February 2013 09:36:06
    Nothing intentional about it, but it's arguably a red yes.
  • Megapocalypse 3 Feb 2013 11:16:16 5,525 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just in case anyone missed it last night, Al Fayed forgets to the pay the bills at the Cottage:

:p
  • Page

of 5663 First / Last