The all-new Premier League thread Page 3197

• Page

of 5668 First / Last

• FWB 30 Jan 2013 23:15:44 45,650 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thought Reina should have done better. And that celebration considering it was to equalise at home was way over the top.
  • kentmonkey 30 Jan 2013 23:16:24 20,935 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Actually I'm still in the kentmeet. When I search they do show up. I just assumed I wasn't. I must have just missed the hive of activity going on.
  • Syrette 30 Jan 2013 23:16:31 44,308 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I wouldn't rule out a couple of Arsenal signings. Whether they'll be panic buys like a couple of years ago will be a different matter (Arteta was a great buy, mind). Definitely need something defensively.

... Chris Samba maybe?

• captbirdseye 30 Jan 2013 23:16:41 5,494 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What was that celebration by Theo?
  • Syrette 30 Jan 2013 23:17:49 44,308 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    You had your own geekmeet?

;)
    We tried. A few wanted one when they couldn't make a London meet and then...well, it didn't really happen.

It was me and pinebear. In a country garden pub. If memory serves me correctly pinebear had cycled about 20 miles for that as well.
    Heh. Did he cycle back 20 miles after having a few?

• Syrette 30 Jan 2013 23:18:41 44,308 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    What was that celebration by Theo?
    Agent just told him his latest paycheck has gone through. He can now afford that swimming pool extension.

• kentmonkey 30 Jan 2013 23:21:16 20,935 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Already at QPR. Hangeland keeps getting rumoured, but he's past it.

We need a LB. Gibbs keeps breaking down and Santos...I can't go there. I just can't.

And a really, really good DM. A lot of our problems come from the fact that we don't have a Gilberto type player protecting the back four. Fullbacks bomb forward or in Santos' case they break a sweat getting to the halfway line, and we have no DM back to cover.

Opposing team breaks, Verm and Mert are covering three players, our closest midfielder is on the halfway line and hasn't been checking who's running behind. Verm and Mert panic and rush up.

I don't think we need a CF. We really need shoring up at the back but that could be helped by better protection from the middle. At the end of the day, no matter how shit Mert was tonight, he's generally a solid defender. And I feel that Verm is as well. We're just not getting it right defensively. And I feel that could be coming from the midfield not protecting and asking our full backs to push forward to often and too much.

(and I've never been in the writers one. Just seen that. Fuck knows what's going on with that).
  • kentmonkey 30 Jan 2013 23:22:14 20,935 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Syrette wrote:

;)
    We tried. A few wanted one when they couldn't make a London meet and then...well, it didn't really happen.

It was me and pinebear. In a country garden pub. If memory serves me correctly pinebear had cycled about 20 miles for that as well.
    He did. Although I think it was 30 miles back, what with all the weaving around.
  • Deleted user 30 January 2013 23:24:54
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    Best goals for me are the team ones. There is so much more to having the passes and movements connect. It is the pinnacle of team play; individuals coming together and forming a single unit, breathing, moving unit.
    We can all agree on that.
    When I grew up I only liked team work, unity and fluidity when it was my team, I don't care how many passes barca can do before messi puts it bottom left. No boner.

My favourite goals when I was growing up was Beckham's halfway line, those two yeboah ones, ronnie radfords, anything le tiss did. Boner.

No homo
    Barca just pass the ball until the other team get bored, ain't the same.
  • Syrette 30 Jan 2013 23:25:26 44,308 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Syrette wrote:

;)

He did. Although I think it was 30 miles back, what with all the weaving around.
    Probably a better option at LB than Santos.

• FWB 30 Jan 2013 23:27:35 45,650 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @crispy. Aye. It isn't impressive when the other team stops caring. If Giroud hadn't missed that sitter at the end, that goal would have been great.
  • kentmonkey 30 Jan 2013 23:34:00 20,935 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Watch the two top gifs on here:

http://soccer.indonewyork.com/arsenal-2-2-liverpool-highlights/

With this playing just audio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

tell me it doesn't work. (actually the second gif is too slow. works better with the first one).

Edited by kentmonkey at 23:35:23 30-01-2013
  • pinebear 30 Jan 2013 23:35:49 8,565 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Syrette wrote:

;)

Cheeky!

• kentmonkey 30 Jan 2013 23:37:07 20,935 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sorry, was it 29? :o)
  • FWB 30 Jan 2013 23:39:25 45,650 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Love the get-up, Baines.
  • THFourteen 30 Jan 2013 23:41:08 34,483 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    kentmonkey wrote:
    No. For the fact that I'm not in the Arsenal group.
    Yes you are.

http://www.eurogamer.net/profiles/kentmonkey
    He had to leave when he realised that generica was the only one agreeing with him

:-)
  • kentmonkey 30 Jan 2013 23:44:32 20,935 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    kentmonkey wrote:
    No. For the fact that I'm not in the Arsenal group.
    Yes you are.

http://www.eurogamer.net/profiles/kentmonkey
    He had to leave when he realised that generica was the only one agreeing with him

:-)
    generica agreed that Hleb was shit? When did I miss this?

(I actually never thought Hleb was shit. I thought he was frustrating, but not shit.)
  • kentmonkey 30 Jan 2013 23:45:52 20,935 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ashley Williams rumours picking up pace it would seem.

I've no idea whether that's a good signing or not. I don't really recall any game he's played in, which suggests that he's probably quite a reliable defender I guess.
  • Humperfunk 30 Jan 2013 23:47:24 2,503 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    That was one hell of a goal by Bale.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• FWB 30 Jan 2013 23:48:10 45,650 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If the highlights are anything to go by, Norwich were quite unlucky to take all the points. Played well.
  • FWB 30 Jan 2013 23:54:46 45,650 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Is there a reason Weimann doesn't start for Villa? Always looks lively.
  • ElNuevo9 31 Jan 2013 00:01:42 13,606 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Ashley Williams rumours picking up pace it would seem.

I've no idea whether that's a good signing or not. I don't really recall any game he's played in, which suggests that he's probably quite a reliable defender I guess.
    He should go down well at Arsenal.

He did nearly kill van Persie, after all.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• puddleduck 31 Jan 2013 00:07:12 1,854 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    If the highlights are anything to go by, Norwich were quite unlucky to take all the points. Played well.
    Norwich first half, Spurs dominated the second half. We had more chances, but only really came alive when Holtby came on. In 20 minutes he contributed more than Dempsey has in 6 months. How he keeps starting is baffling, even Gylfi looks like he has settled in now and whilst not exactly producing last seasons Swansea form he at least keeps the ball and looks like he can pass and shoot again. No idea who this Dempsey chap is, because he's certainly not the guy who scored almost 20 goals for Fulham last year!

Hoping this is a glimpse of what is to come from Holtby though, a touch of Modric's class about him. As good as Dembele is, his assets don't lie in unlocking defences through clever passing, whereas Lewis must have played five or six excellent balls in the short time he was on.
  • Mr_Sleep 31 Jan 2013 01:34:37 17,396 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Weimann has been excellent this season, I think he wasn't playing for a mixture of tactical reasons and that he's been ill of late.
    @FWB

You are a factory of sadness.

• Trowel 31 Jan 2013 06:46:25 18,073 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Everton in talks with Negredo. Desperately need someone to take the pressure off Jelavic.
  • Trowel 31 Jan 2013 07:31:53 18,073 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fer says he was prepared to contribute financially to push his move to us through. Big favourite on the Everton boards already. Strong suggestions that - barring a miraculous compromise being reached today - we'll open negotiations again in the summer.
  • THFourteen 31 Jan 2013 08:07:22 34,483 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DAVID BENTLEY?!

Harrylol
  • FWB 31 Jan 2013 08:25:23 45,650 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Negredo would be good. Particularly against Liverpool if Suarez plays. Loads of fun.
  • Deleted user 31 January 2013 08:28:47
    Rumour is Harry's taking all our cast offs - Jenas, Bentley etc. Awesome.

We need a striker today. We really do. I'm done pretending we don't.
  • Page

of 5668 First / Last