The all-new Premier League thread Page 3163

• Page

of 5619 First / Last

• Youthist 22 Jan 2013 16:51:08 10,057 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    As everyone knows, we were simply the better side and they scraped a draw. No amount of posturing hides that fact.

Please buy a striker Daniel and then we can win the league etc.
    Play Dempsey up top till Adebayor gets back. Defoe was woeful.
    He created about 80% of the shots that they entire team had on target IIRC. Hardly woeful. And to even suggest Adebayor over Defoe is laughable.

"Good chess players think one move ahead. Great chess players think two or three moves ahead."

• mikew1985 22 Jan 2013 16:51:33 12,984 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @nickthegun

But he's English(ish) and can do a stepover.

You must be mistaken.

Edited by mikew1985 at 16:51:56 22-01-2013
  • LeD 22 Jan 2013 17:00:16 6,314 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    LeD wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Yanga-Mbiwa has finally shown up in Newcastle.

It just says he arrived in England! ;)
    Sky Sports understands that Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa has arrived in Newcastle.....
    I understand.
  • mcmonkeyplc 22 Jan 2013 17:07:36 39,515 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Who is Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa?!

Come and get it cumslingers!

• LeD 22 Jan 2013 17:09:58 6,314 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Shit defender from Ligue Un ;)
  • Deleted user 22 January 2013 18:19:03
    greg_wha wrote:
    @kalel To be fair it was a blatant penalty, any manager would've kick off about that when it probably would've got us the 3 points, and it happened at a time when Spurs looked like scoring (basically the whole 2nd half).
    It was a blatant pen, but again, I think most teams and managers take not getting the odd crucial as pen and part and parcel. They don't like it and they might have a whinge, but they don't completely assassinate the character of the linesman who missed it.

I can quite clearly remember Martin Jol having a chuckle about the Pedro Mendez goal after that game. Admittedly that was a ludicrous under-reaction considering what a travesty that was, but still, it's possible to be philosophical about these things. Fergie seems to expect the Spanish Inquisition every time something like this happens.
  • Deleted user 22 January 2013 18:21:20
    Youthist wrote:
    Feanor wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    As everyone knows, we were simply the better side and they scraped a draw. No amount of posturing hides that fact.

Please buy a striker Daniel and then we can win the league etc.
    Play Dempsey up top till Adebayor gets back. Defoe was woeful.
    He created about 80% of the shots that they entire team had on target IIRC. Hardly woeful. And to even suggest Adebayor over Defoe is laughable.
    Both have been a bit piss recently, but Defoe has the potential to just start scoring again at any point. He's worth sticking with imo.

Dempsey is an odd one. Good player but I don't think I'd want to rely on him for all our goals. I do think we need one more striker to come into the mix, particularly as we're now basically playing 4-4-2. You need four strikers with that system.
  • Syrette 22 Jan 2013 18:26:52 44,097 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Apparently Newcastle are in talks with the FFF to see if they can be provisionally allowed to join Ligue 1.

• RelaxedMikki 22 Jan 2013 18:32:56 937 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fergie does that Mourinho 'everyone is agaist us, officials are a conspiracy' siege mentality psychology thing better than the special one. And in a way that doesn't go stale after a couple of seasons. The reason I think it has worked so long for Fergie is he really believes it. He doesn't pretend to hate the BBC for the sake of his team, it's a genuine complex - not a calculated technique.

I remember Strachan saying years ago that he knew plenty of bitter old men back in Glasgow who had Fergie's no compromises mentality and it had eaten them up inside and destroyed them. That kind of mentality can mess you up if you aren't in a position to channel it.
  • morriss 22 Jan 2013 18:35:51 71,283 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He's a child. Seriously, the emotional reactions of my 6 year old. In fact, most of my students also. Will not be able to even see that they're at least partly at fault.

Still, unlike my students he's arguably the eat football manager ever, which kind of work in his favour when compared.

Still a child, however.
  • Syrette 22 Jan 2013 18:41:54 44,097 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What do you teach morriss? Do you ignore all the students who support Arsenal?

• reddevil93 22 Jan 2013 18:53:47 11,955 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    greg_wha wrote:
    @kalel To be fair it was a blatant penalty, any manager would've kick off about that when it probably would've got us the 3 points, and it happened at a time when Spurs looked like scoring (basically the whole 2nd half).
    It was a blatant pen, but again, I think most teams and managers take not getting the odd crucial as pen and part and parcel. They don't like it and they might have a whinge, but they don't completely assassinate the character of the linesman who missed it.

I can quite clearly remember Martin Jol having a chuckle about the Pedro Mendez goal after that game. Admittedly that was a ludicrous under-reaction considering what a travesty that was, but still, it's possible to be philosophical about these things. Fergie seems to expect the Spanish Inquisition every time something like this happens.
    The reason he went off on such a rant was because that linesman was also responsible for the Drogba offside a couple of years ago that wasn't given, 2 of the worst calls against us in recent memory were decided by him. And I'm not saying he's biased or there's some conspiracy but it was such a blatant decision I'm not surprised he exploded

• Syrette 22 Jan 2013 18:59:38 44,097 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Always makes me smile how the Man Utd fans on here are the most vocal about refereeing decisions.

• Deleted user 22 January 2013 19:09:12
    The fact that he has such accurate recall of an offside decision made two years ago is again indicative of both how rare these things are, and how massively personally he takes them.
  • reddevil93 22 Jan 2013 19:16:41 11,955 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Title deciding game when a huge call goes against you, I'd imagine any manager would remember the official.

@fan
    Was just responding to the discussion about Fergies reaction, I'm one of these people who believes in swings and roundabouts, though it usually ends up in favour of the bigger teams by the end of the season

• Trowel 22 Jan 2013 19:41:11 18,016 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gouffran's confirmed he's joining Newcastle.
  • morriss 22 Jan 2013 19:59:51 71,283 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    What do you teach morriss? Do you ignore all the students who support Arsenal?
    A-level English and a subject called Social Sciences which combines politics, sociology and economy.
  • roz123 22 Jan 2013 20:02:47 7,113 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    The fact that he has such accurate recall of an offside decision made two years ago is again indicative of both how rare these things are, and how massively personally he takes them.
    That incident seems to get brought up all the time even though it cancelled out Utds goal in that game which was a handball.
  • Trowel 22 Jan 2013 20:06:39 18,016 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Balotelli's house is up for rent. 13495 pcm. Fireworks not included.
    Decent gaff: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-25355850.html
  • Trowel 22 Jan 2013 20:08:25 18,016 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yanga-Mbiwa to Newcastle done also.
  • King_Edward 22 Jan 2013 20:17:56 11,467 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This French Bloke reckons he's in too.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 22 Jan 2013 20:24:57 10,014 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Do Newcastle know they're allowed to agree contracts shorter than 5 years?
  • enfilade 22 Jan 2013 20:30:18 218 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bloody hell, I have no idea how we managed to pull that deal off for that money.

To be honest, I'll take Mbiwa and Gouffran over Remy any day.

Now hopefully we can tie up Haidara and Sissoko (and another CB, pretty please?)
  • Deckard1 22 Jan 2013 20:37:22 29,182 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah

Fish fingers and chips pretty straight forward.

• Deckard1 22 Jan 2013 20:39:21 29,182 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh and he's allergic to grass

Fish fingers and chips pretty straight forward.

• fletch7100 22 Jan 2013 20:44:03 7,441 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Probably has a phobia about footballs as well
  • puddleduck 22 Jan 2013 20:45:38 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Have Newcastle stumbled across Wenger's initial Arsenal blueprints??? (or should that be bleuprints heh).
  • Syrette 22 Jan 2013 20:46:29 44,097 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    As if there's a fine at Arsenal for wearing the wrong kit on match days :D

• Page

of 5619 First / Last