The all-new Premier League thread Page 3161

  • Page

    of 5256 First / Last

  • THFourteen 22 Jan 2013 09:56:42 32,867 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeD wrote:
    Yes they could be worse. You could be Arsenal and be in the market for Thauvin. Oh.
    Or you could just have signed Chamakh on loan

    ahahaha
  • THFourteen 22 Jan 2013 09:59:34 32,867 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BTW did anyone else notice that one of the players on our bench couldnt even get into the Charlton side.
  • nickthegun 22 Jan 2013 10:04:31 58,805 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    heh, the bookies are making bradford the firm favourites for tonight. Sucks to be villa.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • morriss 22 Jan 2013 10:25:35 70,911 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    Fucking hate Colin Murray. Ever since RI:SE
    ???
  • nickthegun 22 Jan 2013 10:28:17 58,805 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Channel 4s late and unlamented followup to the Big Breakfast. Quite a strange thing to hate someone for, to be honest. It was just a bland and inoffensive breakfast show.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • morriss 22 Jan 2013 10:29:19 70,911 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ta
  • Ultrasoundwave 22 Jan 2013 10:33:02 3,266 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pretty sure that Yanga-Mbiwa is off to Arsenal.

    Trying to think of some sort of "unable to close a deal" joke for NUFC but im too busy crying.......

    "The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

  • morriss 22 Jan 2013 10:50:26 70,911 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hopefully Spurs will gazump the both of you, for the giggles, like.
  • Ultrasoundwave 22 Jan 2013 10:52:41 3,266 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Got to love The Chronicle.

    They seem to think Mike Ashley will greenlight us signing Haidara, Yanga-Mbiwa, Sissoko AND Gouffran.

    Bless their cotton socks.

    "The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

  • Deckard1 22 Jan 2013 10:53:06 27,196 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He probably wants to go to a big club like Arsenal over someone like Newcastle or Spurs to be honest.
  • Mr_Sleep 22 Jan 2013 10:59:50 16,849 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    heh, the bookies are making bradford the firm favourites for tonight. Sucks to be villa.
    It does make some sense. 3-1 up and with out record of shipping goals. I think the bookies might well be wrong, with Vlaar back the defence was a whole lot more organised on Saturday. Although I reckon they will score from at least one corner.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • Kay 22 Jan 2013 11:25:27 17,761 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    All the "Arsenal hijacking Mbiwa deal" stories are a couple of days old. He's 99% signed for Newcastle.
  • teamHAM 22 Jan 2013 11:26:11 2,758 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    He probably wants to go to a big club like Arsenal over someone like Newcastle or Spurs to be honest.
    I don't think there is any doubt about that. He was swooning about Arsenal as his "dream club" in some french mag a few weeks ago. If we do somehow "get him over the line" as the plonkers say then I fully expect him to move on after a season or maybe two if we are lucky. As long as he has "sell-on value" FMA doesn't give a shit.

    XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

  • LeD 22 Jan 2013 11:26:19 6,210 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Pretty sure that Yanga-Mbiwa is off to Arsenal.

    Trying to think of some sort of "unable to close a deal" joke for NUFC but im too busy crying.......
    Don't worry. IF we go in for him, and that's a big IF - we don't want no hard-tackling no-nonsense players in our team, we'll turn him into shit quicker than we go down 2-0 against any semi-decent side.
  • teamHAM 22 Jan 2013 11:28:17 2,758 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    However I fully expect Wenger to turn up at SJP doorstep asking to speak to him, whilst firmly gripping his tub of Ben & Jerry's and copy of Fifa 97 to tempt him.

    XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

  • LeD 22 Jan 2013 11:29:35 6,210 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    All the "Arsenal hijacking Mbiwa deal" stories are a couple of days old. He's 99% signed for Newcastle.
    That too. Don't think Wenger could highjack anything these days, even if you'd stick in the cockpit of an airplane piloted by Denis Bergkamp.
  • teamHAM 22 Jan 2013 11:30:29 2,758 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LeD wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Pretty sure that Yanga-Mbiwa is off to Arsenal.

    Trying to think of some sort of "unable to close a deal" joke for NUFC but im too busy crying.......
    Don't worry. IF we go in for him, and that's a big IF - we don't want no hard-tackling no-nonsense players in our team, we'll turn him into shit quicker than we go down 2-0 against any semi-decent side.
    I read some article the other day saying how he wouldn't move to Arsenal because the noise is that he won't start every match and he doesn't want to be on the bench. From what I can see he is a lot better than any of the centre halves you have, no?

    XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

  • Deckard1 22 Jan 2013 11:31:56 27,196 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    He probably wants to go to a big club like Arsenal over someone like Newcastle or Spurs to be honest.
    I don't think there is any doubt about that. He was swooning about Arsenal as his "dream club" in some french mag a few weeks ago. If we do somehow "get him over the line" as the plonkers say then I fully expect him to move on after a season or maybe two if we are lucky. As long as he has "sell-on value" FMA doesn't give a shit.
    I only said that to piss of morriss to be honest.
  • teamHAM 22 Jan 2013 11:33:38 2,758 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    teamHAM wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    He probably wants to go to a big club like Arsenal over someone like Newcastle or Spurs to be honest.
    I don't think there is any doubt about that. He was swooning about Arsenal as his "dream club" in some french mag a few weeks ago. If we do somehow "get him over the line" as the plonkers say then I fully expect him to move on after a season or maybe two if we are lucky. As long as he has "sell-on value" FMA doesn't give a shit.
    I only said that to piss of morriss to be honest.
    :)

    XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

  • THFourteen 22 Jan 2013 11:45:06 32,867 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    From what I can see he is a lot better than any of the centre halves you have, no?
    They are all good before they join. Collectively they then just don't work.

    the problem isn't the playing staff.
  • LeD 22 Jan 2013 11:45:09 6,210 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    LeD wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Pretty sure that Yanga-Mbiwa is off to Arsenal.

    Trying to think of some sort of "unable to close a deal" joke for NUFC but im too busy crying.......
    Don't worry. IF we go in for him, and that's a big IF - we don't want no hard-tackling no-nonsense players in our team, we'll turn him into shit quicker than we go down 2-0 against any semi-decent side.
    I read some article the other day saying how he wouldn't move to Arsenal because the noise is that he won't start every match and he doesn't want to be on the bench. From what I can see he is a lot better than any of the centre halves you have, no?
    Probably, so Wenger would bench him to teach him a valuable lesson or something.
  • Mr_Sleep 22 Jan 2013 11:48:55 16,849 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    LeD wrote:
    Probably, so Wenger would bench him to teach him a valuable lesson or something.
    Work the shaft while tickling the sack?

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • CharlieStCloud 22 Jan 2013 11:50:02 5,077 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    teamHAM wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    He probably wants to go to a big club like Arsenal over someone like Newcastle or Spurs to be honest.
    I don't think there is any doubt about that. He was swooning about Arsenal as his "dream club" in some french mag a few weeks ago. If we do somehow "get him over the line" as the plonkers say then I fully expect him to move on after a season or maybe two if we are lucky. As long as he has "sell-on value" FMA doesn't give a shit.
    I only said that to piss off morriss to be honest.
    : )
  • Shikasama 22 Jan 2013 11:57:12 6,620 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    teamHAM wrote:
    From what I can see he is a lot better than any of the centre halves you have, no?
    They are all good before they join. Collectively they then just don't work.

    the problem isn't the playing staff.
    But Steve Bould fixed everything! He was a revelation! Why wasn't he promoted sooner! STEVE BOULD!

    BOUUUUUUUUUUUULD!
  • THFourteen 22 Jan 2013 12:22:32 32,867 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I for one NEVER said anything about that at the start of the season. I always said lets wait and see. Our first two performances this season (sunderland and stoke IIRC) were terrible, and i said so at the time.
  • Shikasama 22 Jan 2013 12:25:13 6,620 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I wasn't Steve Boulding about you specificialy but the Steve Bould at the Steve Bould of season was completely Steve Bould in a lot of Steve Boulds.

    Wenger out.
  • Kay 22 Jan 2013 12:27:20 17,761 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Steve Bould did fix us, our defence is slightly less shitter than it was last season.
  • THFourteen 22 Jan 2013 12:29:57 32,867 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is it actually though? I read a stat somewhere that we have the highest level of individual errors leading to goals in the league

    And actually, todays arseblog shows a comparison of this season and last seasons table

    http://arseblog.com/

    we have conceded way more goals already this season in the league alone.

    Edited by THFourteen at 12:31:54 22-01-2013
  • LeD 22 Jan 2013 13:31:44 6,210 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    I wasn't Steve Boulding about you specificialy but the Steve Bould at the Steve Bould of season was completely Steve Bould in a lot of Steve Boulds.

    Wenger out.
    I don't always Steve Bould. But when I do, I Steve Bould Pat Rice.
  • Shikasama 22 Jan 2013 13:43:47 6,620 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My colleague has just said he'd have Walcott over Mata every time.
  • Page

    of 5256 First / Last

Log in or register to reply