of 5332 First / Last

• morriss 20 Jan 2013 21:30:03 70,913 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Indeed.
  • ElNino9 20 Jan 2013 21:30:36 13,313 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He came out saying he had great affection for Inter as a club and Milan as a City, yet wouldn't take a pay which supposedly left him on a paltry €150'000 a week when they ran into financial difficulty.

And given his quality, you'd have thought most of the European big guns would be queuing up for his signature. They aren't because of his wage demands.

He's done nothing to justify the supposed two hundred thousand plus he wants for two years. He panicked and supposedly offered to take a pay cut when it became apparent Galatasary were his only option, which Inter rejected.

Edited by ElNino9 at 21:33:02 20-01-2013

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• morriss 20 Jan 2013 21:34:00 70,913 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You can't compare wages in our real life terms. I wouldn't take a pay cut to teach at a more prestigious school I would go where the money was as my lifestyle and budget are based around this.

It's just that to us, it's so much money we can't get our heads round it. No way should he have gone down 25% to play for Man U/whoever. Why should he?
  • Deckard1 20 Jan 2013 21:39:32 27,582 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Because now he's stuck playing for galatasary in a shit league. When no ones willing to pay you the wages you want, then you're not worth what you're asking for.

Hush you ponce

• ElNino9 20 Jan 2013 21:45:55 13,313 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    You can't compare wages in our real life terms. I wouldn't take a pay cut to teach at a more prestigious school I would go where the money was as my lifestyle and budget are based around this.

It's just that to us, it's so much money we can't get our heads round it. No way should he have gone down 25% to play for Man U/whoever. Why should he?
    Doesn't wash with me.

Unless he's been a complete moron, I'm sure he's amassed enough money to live a life most could dream of for the rest of his life. Now he'll waste away in a shit league and probably be forgotten in a few years.

If Messi left for a million a week, I'm sure plenty would line up to call him a mercenary cunt.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Deleted user 20 January 2013 21:48:22
    Being Dutch I'll go for him being a loud mouthed trouble maker who believes he's better than he is.

Inter have done the right thing but they don't exactly come out on top.
  • LionheartDJH 20 Jan 2013 22:28:02 19,373 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Doesn't sound too out of character for him, if this Daily Mail article is to be believed (which I know is a stretch!).

Last year Sneijder belittled a reserve goalkeeper, Piet Velthuizen, over what he considered to be the pitiful £300,000-a-year he earned, boasting that he earned that in a month.

He once turned up at the council estate where he grew up in his new, top-of-the-range BMW and expressed surprise that he could sense overwhelming jealously.

At Euro 2008, he argued with team-mate Robin van Persie over who should take free-kicks and subsequently criticised the Arsenal player in public.

She dives for cheese pasties

• andywilkie35 20 Jan 2013 22:45:17 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Remarkable nonsense from Nevin on MotD, staggering.

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Syrette 20 Jan 2013 23:05:39 43,232 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    One for the NUFC fans on here:

• Trowel 21 Jan 2013 07:28:59 17,524 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    L'Equipe say M'Vila is close to agreeing a four year deal with Rubin Kazan, after they blew QPR's wages out of the water.

Fuck me, this is difficult to keep up with.
  • MadCaddy13 21 Jan 2013 07:48:58 1,870 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sneijder - 'a world wide club Galatasaray' lmao!
  • Dougs 21 Jan 2013 08:05:25 67,022 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    L'Equipe say M'Vila is close to agreeing a four year deal with Rubin Kazan, after they blew QPR's wages out of the water.

Fuck me, this is difficult to keep up with.
    Times say we're back in for him. Can't see it myself
  • kalel 21 Jan 2013 09:16:31 86,783 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    It's pretty hilarious. Word is that he was willing to take the pay cut earlier but Moratti was sick of him so flogged him to Galatasaray. :D
    He doesn't have to sign for anyone he doesn't want to. Inter can't force a move.

I'm quite surprised this has gone though, it felt like there was brinkmanship going on and I expected bigger teams to come in near the end of the window. Disappointing really.

Greed plays a role but Inter have been dicks about the whole thing as well. I would't be surprised if there was a move back to a bigger club at some point before he retires.
  • Widge Moderator 21 Jan 2013 09:35:42 13,400 posts
    Seen 10 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Seeing this more and more:

The Liverpool Echo reports that Inter Milan's 20-year-old Brazilian international midfielder Philippe Coutinho is likely to join Liverpool before the end of the transfer window.

An initial £5m offer was rejected by the Italians but the paper says Liverpool plan to make an increased bid.

I'm not sure where I would bolster the Liverpool team right now. Wanted a striker in and that got sorted, plus some of the misfiring past signings are starting to splutter into life.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Deckard1 21 Jan 2013 10:53:00 27,582 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mbiwa having a medical now apparently. How the hell we managed that one then?

Hush you ponce

• TheSaint 21 Jan 2013 10:56:53 14,262 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Maybe QPR's PS3 had the YLOD?
  • THFourteen 21 Jan 2013 10:57:10 33,095 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Having had a chance to sleep on it, I have to say that this morning I think we are in trouble, big trouble.

I also have to hold my hands up and say it looks like I was wrong, very wrong, about AVB.

I can't see much of a way out of our current situation beyond hoping for a spurs collapse. As much as Benitez has struggled, Chelsea have resources to sew up 3rd place.
  • Ultrasoundwave 21 Jan 2013 10:57:36 3,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Remy had a medical with us too.

With Arsenal sniffing around, im genuinely not expecting him to sign for us......

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Shikasama 21 Jan 2013 11:03:15 6,709 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Having had a chance to sleep on it, I have to say that this morning I think we are in trouble, big trouble.

I also have to hold my hands up and say it looks like I was wrong, very wrong, about AVB.

I can't see much of a way out of our current situation beyond hoping for a spurs collapse. As much as Benitez has struggled, Chelsea have resources to sew up 3rd place.
    365 were perhaps making a bigger deal out of this than necessary but it is quite scary to think that the squad is still a work in progress yet hey are competing quite comfortably.

Also despite losing arguably their two best players last summer and one of the most important players of last season being somewhat marginalized.

Kalel has been saying that 3/4 good transfer windows could have them seeing some significant success and on this seasons evidence it is hard to disagree.

Now, hopefully AVB can show Harry how a second half of the season should be done
  • Shikasama 21 Jan 2013 11:05:47 6,709 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    To amuse and delight the thread, I present to you one of the most retarded letters I have ever seen on a football website:

Court Action?
    So the FA is likely to charge SAF with disrepute after having a go at a linesman missing a blantant penalty. Well maybe SAF and MU should take the linesman and the FA to court for loss of income? After all, two points last year would have been critical and might well be this year and we are talking millions of pounds. Maybe a linesman getting sued for getting it wrong might wake the FA up to retrospective decisions on games. Suarez getting a six-match ban for dividing, United been given the win, after all F1 race results are changed after the judges inspect the cars and race footage so why not the Premier League, F1 is an international event and none of the fans seems to object to the results being corrected the next day after it turns out that team A used an illegal car or driver B pushed someone off the track so why can't football have a revue panel that says, yes that ball crossed the line so it is a goal, or yes that player fouled him so it was a penalty of that player wasn't offside so the goal now stands?

The other thing is that referees and linesmen might be a little bit more careful in their decisions if it could end up in court and have to justify their decisions. At the moment they seem to think they are above the game and somehow we should accept their second-rate performances that always go to the home crowd.
    Michael (getting bored of hearing how difficult it is to be a referee) Piggott
  • LeD 21 Jan 2013 11:08:56 6,218 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NouveauChâteau are linked to Gouffran and Sissoko now too...
  • LeD 21 Jan 2013 11:11:34 6,218 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:

Nah, you're being overdramatic and overpessimistic mate

/sticks head right back in the sand
  • spindle9988 21 Jan 2013 11:20:29 3,520 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My fave part of the letter is: Suarez getting a six-match ban for dividing

Sounds like he is some sort of stock broker
  • Kay 21 Jan 2013 11:22:08 17,798 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For once I agree with TH14. Can't see Spurs or Chelsea collapsing this year.

If we don't sign anyone of quality in this window, we can basically forget about finishing 4th.
  • President_Weasel 21 Jan 2013 11:28:34 9,126 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Widge wrote:

I'm not sure where I would bolster the Liverpool team right now. Wanted a striker in and that got sorted, plus some of the misfiring past signings are starting to splutter into life.
    A slightly better centre back so you've got a deeper bench and don't have to play Carragher next year, and a keeper as a long term replacement for Reina.
  • kalel 21 Jan 2013 11:33:14 86,783 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There's a lot of season left and Arsenal could still catch Spurs fairly easily even without us "collapsing". There's only a couple of games in it. If they come and win at WHL the gap disappears.

At the same time it's far from just between Spurs and Everton for 4th anyway. Don't think everyone should be writing off Everton, and Liverpool are making a sneaky run for it as well.

I feel like we have the steel to see this out this year, and I'm hoping we can actually just stretch out a bit of a gap and make 4th ours comfortably without a tense end to the season. But yeah, right now there's a few teams I have my eye on.
  • Ultrasoundwave 21 Jan 2013 11:34:40 3,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Remy had a medical with us too.

With Arsenal sniffing around, im genuinely not expecting him to sign for us......
    Sky saying we've put in a very stingy bid for Yoann Gouffran too.

Which leads to the ultimate quiz question of the day - a correct answer wins you a coconut : Which other Premiership club will attempt to hijack this mooted signing??????

I'm going to go with......Fulham.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Shikasama 21 Jan 2013 11:36:25 6,709 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Liverpool need to start taking points from the right end of the table before they can be thought of as contenders for top spots.

They got every excited after hammering Norwich earlier in the season.
  • kalel 21 Jan 2013 11:38:28 86,783 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I was somewhat surprised to note Liverpool are now level with Arsenal on points.
  • Shikasama 21 Jan 2013 11:41:28 6,709 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    And West Brom, only one point above Swansea.

Tell you what, I'd love to see Swansea get into the top 6. They won't do it by buying Kenywne Fucking Jones though.
  • Page

of 5332 First / Last