The all-new Premier League thread Page 3137

• Page

of 4904 First / Last

• Dougs 17 Jan 2013 21:33:01 64,911 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    thenastypasty wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    Darren Fletcher has undergone bowel surgery to try and fix his colitis. Poor fucker.
    I suffer from the same complaint and can testify that when you get a flair up its totally debilitating. Having surgery is the last resort and most of the time you end up with a bag.

I really would be surprised if he comes back from this. It's a real shame as I rate him highly as a ball winning central midfielder.
    Shit, that's rough. No other treatment, or is just management?
  • Mr_Sleep 17 Jan 2013 22:46:05 16,267 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Britain's 2nd City?!
    That it is, it's also a very depressed city that has been hit really hard by the economic downturn. It was a massive hub for industry that has not done well.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Dougs 17 Jan 2013 22:48:55 64,911 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    :(
  • NotSoSlim 17 Jan 2013 23:12:32 3,072 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Any Utd fans care to share their thoughts on Frazier Campbell? He's agreed personal terms with us (Cardiff) and should sign tomorrow.
    Best to ask Sunderland fans tbh
  • captbirdseye 17 Jan 2013 23:13:49 4,354 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    NotSoSlim wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Any Utd fans care to share their thoughts on Frazier Campbell? He's agreed personal terms with us (Cardiff) and should sign tomorrow.
    I didn't think we had any here?
  • Syrette 17 Jan 2013 23:16:52 41,889 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Been to Villa Park on several occasions and the surrounding area is depressing.

• FWB 17 Jan 2013 23:17:55 41,992 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Been to Villa Park on several occasions and the surrounding area is depressing.
    It's called Birmingham.
  • teamHAM 17 Jan 2013 23:42:03 2,407 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Birmingham has nothing on Middlesbrough in terms of being a bleak wasteland.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Games for Windows Live Gamertag: teamHAM

• TheSaint 17 Jan 2013 23:54:13 13,630 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah I ventured up their last season, I don't think I've ever seen so many smoke stacks in one place.

Edited by TheSaint at 23:54:22 17-01-2013
  • Dougs 18 Jan 2013 00:07:00 64,911 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Love Villa Park as a ground though. Proper football stadium. The local Catholic Club I've drank in was ace too. Paid 2 quid to be all religious for an afternoon.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 18 Jan 2013 01:22:34 9,535 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    @rawkmeltdown is amazing right now.
    Yup, many Liverpool fans backing Suarez. They're an absolute disaster of a football club these days.
    Saw one tweet from RAWKmeltdown that said 'I hope Suarez dives in front of Rodgers for his next goal celebration'.

Lol!!

Edited by SuperCoolEskimo at 01:22:49 18-01-2013
  • Lamb 18 Jan 2013 06:15:25 467 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nooooooooooooooo! Why Carlo! :'( :D

“I know for a fact that Carlo wanted Fernando Torres and David Luiz so Mr Abramovich went out and got them.
    Crash, bang, wallop – then you’re out!
    Wilkins fears Rom tactics limit Chelsea boss options

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4750100/Ray-Wilkins-Chelsea-boss-dilemma-due-to-Roman-Abramovich.html
  • morriss 18 Jan 2013 07:43:04 70,749 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ray Wilkins has been appointed Coral’s Director of Football this month. Ray is signing people looking to ‘move for the money’ to Coral, where there are more top prices than anywhere else on the high street. To find out more visit www.coral.co.uk/moveforthemoney

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4750100/Ray-Wilkins-Chelsea-boss-dilemma-due-to-Roman-Abramovich.html#ixzz2IJKlfdMv
  • FWB 18 Jan 2013 08:26:28 41,992 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh really? Say it ain't so.

Roman is a high-flying criminal. He is used to getting his own way and will do with his club what he damn well likes.
  • Shikasama 18 Jan 2013 08:31:16 6,277 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Valdes isn't renewing at Barca

*sigh* best to avoid transfer news for the next few months. The Guardiola thing showed that the papers don't have a clue and now we'll have to put up with this.
  • Gambit1977 18 Jan 2013 09:44:49 9,568 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    NotSoSlim wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    I didn't think we had any here?
    WE do.

He's a nice lad, but absolutely hopeless since his injury. Great attitude and character, but his pace isn't what it was and he can't hit a barn door. He also gets far too excited to try and influence a game and can end up in your own area giving away a penalty very easily.

Saying that, there is something there. But I fear his injuries will have put paid to what could have been. I wish him luck.
  • King_Edward 18 Jan 2013 09:46:43 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Plus the stink of Sunderland will never wash off. ;)
  • Gambit1977 18 Jan 2013 09:49:26 9,568 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Plus the stink of Sunderland will never wash off. ;)
    How's the transfer window going? Enjoying the sinking ship? ;)
  • teamHAM 18 Jan 2013 09:51:08 2,407 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Newcastle transfer geniuses have gathered and discussed long and hard about who to chase after Demba Ba left and we missed out on Loic Remy. Our next top target apparently is:

David N'Gog!

The Championship's equivalent to Emile Heskey with 8 goals in 52 games for Bolton. Hardly a deadly marksman now is he.

Unfortunately for us the only thing more toxic than an unambitious manager is an unambitious owner and that's what we have.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Games for Windows Live Gamertag: teamHAM

• TheSaint 18 Jan 2013 09:52:14 13,630 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So which games is going to be the first to get called off?

I'm going to go for West Brom.
  • Gambit1977 18 Jan 2013 09:52:22 9,568 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    The Newcastle transfer geniuses have gathered and discussed long and hard about who to chase after Demba Ba left and we missed out on Loic Remy. Our next top target apparently is:

David N'Gog!

The Championship's equivalent to Emile Heskey with 8 goals in 52 games for Bolton. Hardly a deadly marksman now is he.

Unfortunately for us the only thing more toxic than an unambitious manager is an unambitious owner and that's what we have.
    :D Don't panic mate, It's a wind up, I know exactly where from.
    Alliadierre on the other hand...
  • evild_edd 18 Jan 2013 10:14:38 2,924 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Birmingham has nothing on Middlesbrough in terms of being a bleak wasteland.
    Didn't Ridley Scott base Bladerunner's bleak dystopian aesthetic on Middlesbrough's skyline? I was told that by a Geordie mind, so perhaps should be taken with a pinch of salt...

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• Jono62 18 Jan 2013 10:29:55 13,628 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Apparently we are after Bobby Di Matteo to replace Lambert.
  • neilqpr 18 Jan 2013 10:32:55 2,797 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:

David N'Gog!

I reckon 'arry is the mastermind behind this dastardly move, he's such a rotter.
  • Mr_Sleep 18 Jan 2013 10:44:32 16,267 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    That is a rumour that stated on the Villatalk forum, I read someone first suggest such a thing. God, we really are starved of Villa related news!

• THFourteen 18 Jan 2013 10:51:33 31,817 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hmmm FF could be affected by snow this week
  • captbirdseye 18 Jan 2013 11:09:21 4,354 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nice one.  Looking like a fee of 500k which isn't bad but i am a bit worried about his injuries but his record at Hull was pretty good and i'm hopeful he'll get a few goals for us in the Championship.
  • faux_carnation 18 Jan 2013 11:10:56 8,499 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Jono62 wrote:
    That is a rumour that stated on the Villatalk forum, I read someone first suggest such a thing. God, we really are starved of Villa related news!
    It sort of makes sense. He did well at throwing out long term plans and bringing back the overpaid, over the hill core of a team for one last, massively jammy hurrah. Could be just the guy to reintroduce Given, Bent, Dunne etc.
  • Mr_Sleep 18 Jan 2013 11:13:29 16,267 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Jono62 wrote:
    It sort of makes sense. He did well at throwing out long term plans and bringing back the overpaid, over the hill core of a team for one last, massively jammy hurrah. Could be just the guy to reintroduce Given, Bent, Dunne etc.
    Hah :-D

• mcmonkeyplc 18 Jan 2013 11:20:21 38,900 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fletcher is going to miss the rest of the season :(

This is planned apparently O_o

Edited by mcmonkeyplc at 11:21:05 18-01-2013

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Page

of 4904 First / Last