The all-new Premier League thread Page 3120

• Page

of 4944 First / Last

• captbirdseye 14 Jan 2013 19:50:27 4,386 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I like the fact he keeps saying lets leave it and then continues trolling Hamann about his personal life. I never knew Bartons was so innocent and perfect.
  • MadCaddy13 14 Jan 2013 19:52:44 1,840 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I would imagine this would of been a great club for remy considering the abundance of French folk in out team plus the fact we arnt rock bottom
  • Syrette 14 Jan 2013 19:54:02 41,932 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Embarrassing stuff from Barton now. Full blown argument unfolding.

@DietmarHamann Whose had a go at Fernandes? U idiot! Don't be bitter. You earned ur dough but blew it. Don't ever try to call me out maggot
    @DietmarHamann i put the graft in mate. Not playing poker online and smoking biffas night before the game. I wouldnt let u manage a pet shop

• Syrette 14 Jan 2013 19:54:57 41,932 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    I would imagine this would of been a great club for remy considering the abundance of French folk in out team plus the fact we arnt rock bottom
    Well he's only human, and him and his advisers will want the they'll get from the Chelsea of the relegation zone.

• Syrette 14 Jan 2013 19:56:13 41,932 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @joey7barton No problem Joseph lets see each other in 5 years I hope I don't have to go to Walton #prison
    Jesus wept, both as bad as each other.

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 14 Jan 2013 19:57:09 6,654 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    keep us updated. Don't follow twitter
  • Syrette 14 Jan 2013 20:00:03 41,932 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    neilqpr wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Nah, all signs point towards it being true and set to be confirmed. Hope he enjoys his higher wage because that's the reason you're getting him.

Would love it if you went down tbh, regardless of what happens with Loic Remy. I don't like how you do business and I don't like Redknapp.
    How we do our business? You mean offer higher wages than you? While I'd much rather we lived within our means I'm not sure we've been unethical in any way.

I hope you find these players who only want to play for the love of football and the toon, and wish you every success for the future.

And we probably will get relegated, and face a particularly dodgy future. So you can look forward to that in the coming years.
    I didn't say QPR are unethical. I never said that. I think it's great for the club and fans that you've got an owner who'll put the in. Same thing goes for the likes of Man City and Chelsea. Throwing cash around and offering the highest wages to secure talent you otherwise wouldn't. Attempting to buy success, basically, it's something a lot of other fans don't feel comfortable with. That's all.

I've always disliked Redknapp for the way he goes about conducting transfers in public. The media must adore him. Aren't SSN currently running an advert making fun of him?

• mikew1985 14 Jan 2013 20:03:47 12,133 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    @joey7barton No problem Joseph lets see each other in 5 years I hope I don't have to go to Walton #prison
    Jesus wept, both as bad as each other.
    At least Hamann seems mildly sensible. I can't blame him having that relatively small (and lets be honest probable) swipe at joey.

Yes Hamann is no Saint but Barton is just an utter buffoon. On the footballing side of things Barton has no right to challenge anything that Hamann did on the pitch, considering their relative successes/lack thereof.

Edited by mikew1985 at 20:04:19 14-01-2013
  • Syrette 14 Jan 2013 20:04:14 41,932 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @DietmarHamann you'll probably need a loan for your bus fare there! #skabint
    @DietmarHamann don't be getting all self righteous. If I were you i'd think twice about trying to be clever or giving ANYBODY stick.

• Syrette 14 Jan 2013 20:05:39 41,932 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    To be fair I'm liking Hamann's use of the englandinternational hashtag on every tweet.

The man has 59 German caps remember.

• Syrette 14 Jan 2013 20:07:10 41,932 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Remy is having a medical at QPR tomorrow. That's that over with then. Ah well.

• captbirdseye 14 Jan 2013 20:07:13 4,386 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hamann has gained quite a few followers in the last 30mnins :D.
  • Deleted user 14 January 2013 20:07:23
    It's like having a shared eg twitter feed! This is awesome!
  • NotSoSlim 14 Jan 2013 20:08:19 3,090 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Grr Gunners back in for Zaha but will they loan him back? United would but hope we get him as think Nani will be sold

Time for a freshen up on wings and midfield

Edited by NotSoSlim at 20:08:55 14-01-2013
  • MadCaddy13 14 Jan 2013 20:08:39 1,840 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Could be a good thing
  • captbirdseye 14 Jan 2013 20:09:03 4,386 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That picture on his Twitter makes look even more like a cunt than usual.
  • enfilade 14 Jan 2013 20:10:18 168 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's really disappointing to see Remy slip through our grasp at the last minute. I've tried to learn not to get excited about a transfer until the old cliche of seeng the player in front of the training ground with a toon shirt on, but I really thought we had our man this time.

It's so frustrating being a Newcastle fan in London this season. Surrounded by Arsenal fans moaning incessantly about an apparent lack of investment and 'settling for the Top 4' and Chelsea supporters losing sleep about sitting 3rd in the table, seven months after winning the sodding Champions' League.

Best toon fans can hope for now is a Top 10 finish (very optimistic) and 3 points vs the mackems.
  • Syrette 14 Jan 2013 20:11:03 41,932 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Could be a good thing
    I doubt it, I doubt we have a plan B (we never do), and the likes of Ben Arfa will be unimpressed by the lack of ambition shown once again.

Meh. In worse news my earphones have died :cry:

Edited by Syrette at 20:11:20 14-01-2013

• neilqpr 14 Jan 2013 20:14:45 2,797 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    neilqpr wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Nah, all signs point towards it being true and set to be confirmed. Hope he enjoys his higher wage because that's the reason you're getting him.

Would love it if you went down tbh, regardless of what happens with Loic Remy. I don't like how you do business and I don't like Redknapp.
    How we do our business? You mean offer higher wages than you? While I'd much rather we lived within our means I'm not sure we've been unethical in any way.

I hope you find these players who only want to play for the love of football and the toon, and wish you every success for the future.

And we probably will get relegated, and face a particularly dodgy future. So you can look forward to that in the coming years.
    I didn't say QPR are unethical. I never said that. I think it's great for the club and fans that you've got an owner who'll put the in. Same thing goes for the likes of Man City and Chelsea. Throwing cash around and offering the highest wages to secure talent you otherwise wouldn't. Attempting to buy success, basically, it's something a lot of other fans don't feel comfortable with. That's all.

I've always disliked Redknapp for the way he goes about conducting transfers in public. The media must adore him. Aren't SSN currently running an advert making fun of him?
    You said you 'don't like how we do business' and don't like how we spend money, yet you are always banging on about the need for Ashley to spend more and strengthen. Make your mind up.

For the record I don't like the way we are spending money, haven't done for a long time. Seeing cunts like Bosingwa take home 65k a week makes me feel sick. I'd rather we'd have built the club up sensibly over time. Unfortunately Hughes and Joorabchian fucked us over and Fernandes seems intent on losing more money on a near hopless cause.
  • King_Edward 14 Jan 2013 20:15:28 11,454 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cisse was a plan B...

Good on QPR anyway. I'm no fan of Harry, but he he's a step up from Sparky and I'm glad they've found an owner willing to make the necessary investment to turn them into a prem club.

Wouldn't begrudge that any team. Except Liverpool. Cos they're cunts.
  • Syrette 14 Jan 2013 20:19:22 41,932 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    neilqpr wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    neilqpr wrote:
    Syrette wrote:

You said you 'don't like how we do business' and don't like how we spend money, yet you are always banging on about the need for Ashley to spend more and strengthen. Make your mind up.

For the record I don't like the way we are spending money, haven't done for a long time. Seeing cunts like Bosingwa take home 65k a week makes me feel sick. I'd rather we'd have built the club up sensibly over time. Unfortunately Hughes and Joorabchian fucked us over and Fernandes seems intent on losing more money on a near hopless cause.
    I don't like how either club does business. Ashley isn't ambitious enough, Fernandes is very ambitious so fair play to him.

If I was a QPR/Chelsea/PSG etc fan I'd feel a lot different about those clubs compared to how I do from the outside. QPR spend a lot of money and pay huge wages, compared to say Reading I think it's understandable why I'd rather Reading stayed up. All about perspective.

• Trowel 14 Jan 2013 20:20:07 16,892 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Must admit that made me chuckle yesterday, a clip of Harry hanging out of the Range Rover... twice :D
  • enfilade 14 Jan 2013 20:23:23 168 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It could be interesting to see what happens in the summer if QPR go down. Who knows, Remy could be available on a free in six months' time. Just like a certain Senegalese was two years ago...
  • neilqpr 14 Jan 2013 20:27:36 2,797 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    If I was a QPR/Chelsea/PSG etc fan
    Even on the FAN scale, that remark is off the chart. You're really comparing our level of investment (admitedly stupid wages on old players on free transfers) to two teams with oil billionaires spending tens/hundreds of millions on transfer fees? Really?

I can of course see why clubs don't like us. Fuck it, I don't like us that much at the moment. But putting us in that kind of company is nuts.

It just seems you're a bit butt-hurt that 'little QPR' got Hoilett and might get Remy due to us offering higher wages than you. Looks like you had a lucky escape with Hoilett, could be the same with Remy (*If* he comes to us).

Edited by neilqpr at 20:28:31 14-01-2013
  • Dougs 14 Jan 2013 20:28:26 64,991 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    And M'Vila to QPR too it seems. Big gamble from Fernandes....
  • Syrette 14 Jan 2013 20:35:55 41,932 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    neilqpr wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    If I was a QPR/Chelsea/PSG etc fan
    Even on the FAN scale, that remark is off the chart. You're really comparing our level of investment (admitedly stupid wages on old players on free transfers) to two teams with oil billionaires spending tens/hundreds of millions on transfer fees? Really?

I can of course see why clubs don't like us. Fuck it, I don't like us that much at the moment. But putting us in that kind of company is nuts.

It just seems you're a bit butt-hurt that 'little QPR' got Hoilett and might get Remy due to us offering higher wages than you. Looks like you had a lucky escape with Hoilett, could be the same with Remy (*If* he comes to us).
    Whaaat?

I'm just saying you spend a lot of money compared to other clubs fighting for the same thing. Similar in a way to other aforementioned clubs, but on a very different scale. QPR aren't close to those clubs in terms of what they spend. Just the philosophy, if that makes sense. I'm sure there are clubs in the lower leagues who spend comfortably more than their rivals, same thing applies there.

edit; and to be fair, in the last half hour or so I've said fair play to Fernandes, that it'd be different if my club did the same thing, and that it's great for the club and the fans that Fernandes is willing to spend money. You yourself have said there that you can see why other clubs' supporters aren't your biggest fans. Has little to do with my club, Remy or Hoilett or being "butthurt" or anything like that. I even thought QPR paid their way a little to promotion in the first place which didn't make me completely comfortable with them.

Edited by Syrette at 20:40:54 14-01-2013

• King_Edward 14 Jan 2013 20:39:16 11,454 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    We have done the same thing.
  • Syrette 14 Jan 2013 20:42:28 41,932 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    We have done the same thing.
    Yup, and like I said, it's different when you're a supporter of a club in that position.

Regardless, I was always cynical about Shepherd's spending habits but had a lot more enjoyment out of his ambition than Ashley's total lack of.

• Syrette 14 Jan 2013 20:49:21 41,932 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton
    Sniffed and gambled all your dough. What a waste. Left kids and wife, cos u pulled a young bird. Tragic. Now do one Tourette's face!

• neilqpr 14 Jan 2013 20:49:34 2,797 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If it's any consolation I've never felt so disconnected from the club, I haven't even 'enjoyed the ride'.
  • Page

of 4944 First / Last