The all-new Premier League thread Page 3119

• Page

of 5546 First / Last

• kentmonkey 14 Jan 2013 16:32:53 20,770 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    I'd like a premier club to come in for Alan, simply to hear Lawro mispronounce his name because of it being all foreign and stuff
    Alan
  • kalel 14 Jan 2013 16:41:29 88,419 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So Arsenal are playing on Sunday and Wednesday?

Oof!

I like that you guys are playing before we are on Sunday.
  • kentmonkey 14 Jan 2013 16:42:09 20,770 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    Vegard Forren having a medical for Liverpool tomorrow. Scandinavian centre halves ftw!
    All the rumours have been about Everton signing him for the past few weeks.
  • morriss 14 Jan 2013 16:44:50 71,128 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Strange no media outlet anywhere has bothered to write that Willian story up.
  • THFourteen 14 Jan 2013 16:50:20 33,843 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    So Arsenal are playing on Sunday and Wednesday?

Oof!

I like that you guys are playing before we are on Sunday.
    so do i, at least we will know whether we are still in the title race by 4pm when your game kicks off.

LOLS!
  • Shikasama 14 Jan 2013 16:57:06 6,967 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    Vegard Forren having a medical for Liverpool tomorrow. Scandinavian centre halves ftw!
    Oh yeah! Man that's great!

I heard that he: was discovered by Molde FK when they met KIL/Hemne in the first round of the Norwegian football cup. KIL/Hemne surprisingly won the match 3-1, with Forren and two other young players impressing highly. They were afterwards invited to trial for Molde in a junior tournament.[1] Shortly after Forren signed a 5 year deal with Molde.[2] He took Tippeligaen with storm and European clubs as A.C. Milan, Newcastle,[3] Liverpool[4] and Hoffenheim,[5] have watched him playing for Molde FK. But Forren said that he will stay in Molde FK for a while, even though his dream is to play in a bigger European league one time. He said that he was still young and have a long career in front of him. He was also linked with Lazio[6] and F.C. Copenhagen.[7]

Internationally he looks a good unas well, did you know that: Forren made his debut for Norway U21 in the match against Ukraine U21 on 26 March 2008.[9] He played a total of 14 matches for the under-21 team, scoring three goals, and was later capped twice for the under-23 team.[10]

Forren made his debut for Norway in the 2012 King's Cup match against Thailand on 18 January 2012.[11] He also played against South Korea a few days later, but had to wait to October 2012 for his first competitive match when he started the match against Switzerland,[12] and has since played alongside Brede Hangeland in Norway's central defence.[13]
  • thedaveeyres 14 Jan 2013 17:00:59 11,265 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    Is he a Stark, a Lannister or a Tully?

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Trowel 14 Jan 2013 17:21:50 17,908 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:

Not great for us if true, we've been scouting him for a couple of years (along with half the PL, but apparently not Spurs...) as a replacement for Distin. There's a great photo of Moyes with all the back room staff freezing their tits off at a Molde game a few weeks ago. Apparently we spoke with him the other day, but I guess our personal terms aren't up to scratch (won't someone take Heitinga from us?!)
  • faux-C 14 Jan 2013 17:22:05 9,441 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    iirc he was linked with Everton, Fulham and Utd in December. Suggests he might be decent. Won't be a first teamer anyway.
  • Dougs 14 Jan 2013 17:22:49 68,411 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    :D

@tde

Edited by Dougs at 17:23:17 14-01-2013
  • kalel 14 Jan 2013 17:25:35 88,419 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Our CB situation is looking pretty rosy all said. AVB seems to have realised Dawson is awesome and Verts is already a legend, Caulker has come through nicely and Kaboul is yet to come back. Gallas can do one.
  • King_Edward 14 Jan 2013 17:27:48 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gallas is still French right? We'll take him!
  • Shikasama 14 Jan 2013 17:27:56 6,967 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gallas to QPR was doing the rounds the other day.

I'd be surprised if Villas Boas WASN'T begging Harry to take him. Watched done or two Spurs games this season and he has looked the worst player in the team every time.
  • kalel 14 Jan 2013 17:31:52 88,419 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Weirdly AVB seemed to love Gallas for quite a while, perhaps just because he brought in some experience.

We do basically keep a clean sheet every time we play Dawson and concede loads of late goals when we play Gallas so hopefully he's noticed the correlation by now.
  • Trowel 14 Jan 2013 17:41:48 17,908 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Been really impressed with Caulker, saw a bit of him at Bristol City, Swansea and for Team GB, seems to win everything in the air.
  • Shikasama 14 Jan 2013 17:44:27 6,967 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is it just me or are quality CBs getting younger? Used to be that you wouldn't even consider anyone below 28/29 but with the likes of Evans, Vertonghen, Kompany etc that seems to be changing.
  • Trowel 14 Jan 2013 17:53:28 17,908 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Err, Evans?
  • The-Bodybuilder 14 Jan 2013 18:16:30 14,280 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Plus Wilshere, who may as well be a new signing seeing he's barely played with the rest. Add in Theo being tried more up front, attacking-wise it's pretty new and why in some games we're pretty ineffective. Doesn't excuse the defensive lapses though
    But EVERY team has those situations virtually every single season. Doesn't make their team any less new.
    As for Theo? He's barely played 4 games in that position. Surely doesn't explain the crapness before that.

Personally, I say attack-wise it's down to creativity, as it's been since we lost Nasri & Fab. Only one person has come in to fix that (Caz) and he himself surely cannot compensate the loss of both Nasri & Fab.
    Add the lose of Song & RvP (both creative outlets) and we're lacking even more. Plus the demise of Arshavin, Rosicky's no-show/sickness/coke-bing.

The team just doesn't create enough, and all stats point to that. Even if they were used to each other for 4 years, we still need creative people.
  • Shikasama 14 Jan 2013 18:41:05 6,967 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Err, Evans?
    Calling him a quality CB is still controversial?
  • SuperCoolEskimo 14 Jan 2013 18:53:06 9,936 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The People's Lino has been dropped from the next round of PL games. Damn right. Should never be involved in another match ever again. Wanker.
  • Shikasama 14 Jan 2013 18:57:25 6,967 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dropped or part of the natural rotation all match officials are part of during a season?
  • SuperCoolEskimo 14 Jan 2013 19:00:24 9,936 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Correction, he was due to do West Brom vs QPR tomorrow night and has been dropped.

Ticket prices were probably to low to justify assigning the bellend.
  • neilqpr 14 Jan 2013 19:22:04 2,858 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I heard Gallas turned us down.

Our Joey seems to think that Remy is coming to us now, reckon it's bullshit.
  • Syrette 14 Jan 2013 19:27:04 43,767 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nah, all signs point towards it being true and set to be confirmed. Hope he enjoys his higher wage because that's the reason you're getting him.

Would love it if you went down tbh, regardless of what happens with Loic Remy. I don't like how you do business and I don't like Redknapp.

• Syrette 14 Jan 2013 19:29:15 43,767 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Didi Hamann @DietmarHamann

@joey7barton Joey do yourself a favour and stay out of club politics QPR and NUFC have paid you well for playing not to commentonrecruitment
    :lol:

Well said Dietmar.

• Shikasama 14 Jan 2013 19:35:50 6,967 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I swear I read something earlier where Redknapp said he flew to France, opened a bank account for his goldfish and Remy wouldn't even meet him because he doesn't want to join QPR
  • Syrette 14 Jan 2013 19:36:24 43,767 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Simon Bird:
    "Ben arfa on French radio tonight: :" If there's no ambition at Newcastle then maybe I shd leave at the end of the season"
    Couldn't make this up :p

• captbirdseye 14 Jan 2013 19:40:08 5,100 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Syrette

Some of his replies are just rage inducing. The biggest cunt to ever play football imo.
  • Syrette 14 Jan 2013 19:43:09 43,767 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    @Syrette

Some of his replies are just rage inducing. The biggest cunt to ever play football imo.
    Yup. There's just no need. Let the clubs do their own business in their own way.

Barton is so aware of how people view him that he just doesn't care any more. He had a real go at people on benefits the other day for some pointless reason. Like he'd have a clue what it's like to not be on a footballer's wage.

• neilqpr 14 Jan 2013 19:50:21 2,858 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Nah, all signs point towards it being true and set to be confirmed. Hope he enjoys his higher wage because that's the reason you're getting him.

Would love it if you went down tbh, regardless of what happens with Loic Remy. I don't like how you do business and I don't like Redknapp.
    How we do our business? You mean offer higher wages than you? While I'd much rather we lived within our means I'm not sure we've been unethical in any way.

I hope you find these players who only want to play for the love of football and the toon, and wish you every success for the future.

And we probably will get relegated, and face a particularly dodgy future. So you can look forward to that in the coming years.
  • Page

of 5546 First / Last