The all-new Premier League thread Page 3091

• Page

of 4883 First / Last

• Shikasama 9 Jan 2013 11:21:56 6,275 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:
    As it is if you are a fan of a club outside of the top 5 you'll pretty much never get to see your team play...and if you do, chances are they are being boned in Manchester.
    Cry me a river and im sure they will be well used to it (probably being all a lot of fans would have ever known), but it would really annoy me if I were a fan of a top, top club and never getting a ‘proper’ kick off time.

Didnt manyoo once go a couple of months without a 3pm saturday kick off?
    Eh? So the majority of clubs fans in a league very rarely get to see their teams on TV, but the richest and most powerful clubs sometimes kick off later or earlier and that is the real tragedy?

Interesting take that.
  • THFourteen 9 Jan 2013 11:25:10 31,797 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @evild_edd heh sorry mate, the club don't give a shit if fans can't afford to go. there are still currently more than enough people on the waiting list to take our tickets. as long as it sells out they dont care.

a couple of years out the champions league might see those dry up though fingers crossed.

what is interesting is how its more increasingly difficult to shift spare tickets thesedays, brokers phone up and nobody wants to take them even for free!

so where are these people on the waiting list coming from!?!
  • Shikasama 9 Jan 2013 11:29:42 6,275 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Jesus H. Christ, paper talk is Laudrup wants to replace Graham with Kenwyne Jones this window.

Surly that has to be bollocks.
  • captbirdseye 9 Jan 2013 11:32:30 4,343 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wouldn't suprise me as talk is that Graham is a bit of piss head and Laudrup wants him out.

Edited by captbirdseye at 11:32:43 09-01-2013
  • nickthegun 9 Jan 2013 11:33:22 55,848 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:
    As it is if you are a fan of a club outside of the top 5 you'll pretty much never get to see your team play...and if you do, chances are they are being boned in Manchester.
    Cry me a river and im sure they will be well used to it (probably being all a lot of fans would have ever known), but it would really annoy me if I were a fan of a top, top club and never getting a ‘proper’ kick off time.

Eh? So the majority of clubs fans in a league very rarely get to see their teams on TV, but the richest and most powerful clubs sometimes kick off later or earlier and that is the real tragedy?

Interesting take that.
    Thats quite clearly not what I said.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• roz123 9 Jan 2013 11:36:08 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:

Its not too bad for home games, the biggest problem is National Rail do all the maintenance on a sunday. It must be worse for people going to every away game though. We cancelled our application for tickets to Man City away because they moved it to a Sunday morning and we didn't fancy getting up that early.
  • myk 9 Jan 2013 11:36:35 541 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    evild_edd wrote:
    Actually, I'll put my hand up here. Whilst I'm not sure I'd say I 'kicked off' about it, I was skeptical. Not because Welsh Teams don't belong or anything, but because I assumed there'd be a partisan and aggressive anti-English attitude from the fans. This (incorrect) assumption was based on my experiences having seen the England Vs Wales qualifier at the Millenium Stadium in March 2011.
    I think if Cardiff were in the Prem rather than Swansea there would probably be more trouble; I lived in Swansea for 3 years and never had any worries but felt a lot less welcome on visits to Cardiff and Aberystwyth (there was an anti-English protest in the town centre there).

I remember watching an England game in a pub in Swansea where Wales beat Italy and England could only draw against Macedonia and it's fair to say we got a lot of stick (all good natured) on the way out :)
  • Ultrasoundwave 9 Jan 2013 11:38:11 3,097 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Jesus H. Christ, paper talk is Laudrup wants to replace Graham with Kenwyne Jones this window.

Surly that has to be bollocks.
    Not sure whats happening with the strikers - it bemuses me why Laudrup seems intent on shipping Graham out but he has no desire to get rid of Luke Moore or Leroy Lita.

He'd be better off selling those two, sending Schecter back and signing one striker to compete with Graham. Kenwyne Jones isnt great but i could see his lay-offs and knock-downs being lapped up by Michu, Routledge, Dyer and Hernandez.....

"Look at banner Michael!"

• captbirdseye 9 Jan 2013 11:44:19 4,343 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @myk I'd be very suprised if you got trouble here or in Swansea. I've followed City/Wales for over 25 years now and haven't seen trouble in a looooong time. I'd be worried if you went up into the Valleys though but they don't like us either :D.
  • Dougs 9 Jan 2013 11:44:37 64,887 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The thing about allowing live streaming or broadcast of the 3pm PL games is that not only might it affect lower league attendances (which was always their primary concern), but the distribution of cash throughout the league would be inequal (assuming each club retained the rights, not sure they could manage it a la the Sky/BT deal at the moment).

Not sure standing would bring in more cash either, although I am a supporter of this. I stand all game, every game anyway.
  • Dougs 9 Jan 2013 11:45:47 64,887 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    @myk I'd be very suprised if you got trouble here or in Swansea. I've followed City/Wales for over 25 years now and haven't seen trouble in a looooong time. I'd be worried if you went up into the Valleys though but they don't like us either :D.
    I was in Swansea for England's opening game of the 2002 WC. Was most odd seeing so many Wales fans supporting England, presumably because of a PL team or something.
  • nickthegun 9 Jan 2013 11:46:50 55,848 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    More people at slightly less per head, all buying pies. It cant not make more cash!

He totally called it

• captbirdseye 9 Jan 2013 11:47:49 4,343 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Because the country is full of plastic Man Utd/Liverpool fans but that has changed a bit since Swansea went up.

Edited by captbirdseye at 11:49:38 09-01-2013
  • Dougs 9 Jan 2013 11:50:47 64,887 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    @evild_edd heh sorry mate, the club don't give a shit if fans can't afford to go. there are still currently more than enough people on the waiting list to take our tickets. as long as it sells out they dont care.

a couple of years out the champions league might see those dry up though fingers crossed.

what is interesting is how its more increasingly difficult to shift spare tickets thesedays, brokers phone up and nobody wants to take them even for free!

so where are these people on the waiting list coming from!?!
    Sadly this is true, but it's our own fault. You only have to read the interviews with Tom Fox to see how we are largely viewed. There to be monitised.
  • kalel 9 Jan 2013 12:02:35 83,871 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Apparently Liverpool want to end Sahin's loan early.

What's the deal with this then? We were all falling over ourselves trying to sign him in the summer.
  • Blotto 9 Jan 2013 12:04:20 2,506 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    To be fair to them, we as fans demand both to make big money signings but also to not be treated as simply consumers to be monitised.

Trouble is if FFP actually works, it'll probably just mean higher ticket prices all round.
  • Shikasama 9 Jan 2013 12:08:20 6,275 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    kalel wrote:

What's the deal with this then? We were all falling over ourselves trying to sign him in the summer.
    The classic 'play him out of position, say he isn't very good' gambit
  • Dougs 9 Jan 2013 12:09:35 64,887 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:

Yeah, posted that the other day. 99% done back to Dortmund. Dunno what went wrong there - maybe was off form, didn't fit into their system or something. Strange one.
  • reddevil93 9 Jan 2013 12:10:27 11,247 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Or the fact that Liverpool could turn Falcao into Heskey?

• SuperCoolEskimo 9 Jan 2013 12:22:05 9,529 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's a little unfair for clubs to be criticising us on away ticket prices, Norwich, QPR and Liverpool among others are all charging £50+ too.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 9 Jan 2013 12:22:38 9,529 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Deleted

Edited by SuperCoolEskimo at 12:25:56 09-01-2013
  • nickthegun 9 Jan 2013 12:26:00 55,848 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think a lot of clubs are using reciprocal pricing.

He totally called it

• Shikasama 9 Jan 2013 12:27:54 6,275 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Spurs in a £10 million bid for Belhanda.

http://www.football365.com/transfer-centre/8387165/Tottenham-move-for-Belhanda

Seem to be filling that AMC slot with a lot of bodies - Dempsey, Siggurdsson, Holtby and Belhanda.
  • kalel 9 Jan 2013 12:30:54 83,871 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    We're going to switch to the Spanish system of playing 4-6-0.
  • Dougs 9 Jan 2013 12:32:47 64,887 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    "Get it in the box FFS"
  • nickthegun 9 Jan 2013 12:36:21 55,848 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bale for the golden ball.

He totally called it

• kalel 9 Jan 2013 12:37:00 83,871 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think Huddlestone, Livermore and eventually even Parker will all make way in the next few windows, so I guess we're just improving across the board rather than buying big. Makes sense, although with each signing it becomes more obviously we're not getting Moutinho which I was still holding out for.

I think even Sandro might not go the distance with us despite him being a bit of a revelation. Someone like Holtby does a similar defensive role, but with a much higher level of creativity.
  • morriss 9 Jan 2013 13:09:40 70,748 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I love Sandro. I love him.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 9 Jan 2013 14:15:15 9,529 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They're not as reliable as they used to be but L'Equipe are saying Fellaini has agreed terms with Chelsea and is waiting for them to activate his release clause.
  • kalel 9 Jan 2013 14:17:32 83,871 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He'll flop. Everton are like us, the players that leave for better things always flop.
  • Page

of 4883 First / Last