• Page

of 5470 First / Last

• TheSaint 8 Jan 2013 15:43:47 14,397 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    This seasons Goalkeeper stats up to Boxing day
    http://www.barriesview.com/2012/12/201213-premier-league-goalkeeper-stats
    I thought Boruc would be bad but didn't expect it to be quite that bad.
  • Dougs 8 Jan 2013 15:49:32 67,727 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nice link, ta. Can see why Football Weekly were talking up Begovic to Utd....
  • Mr_Sleep 8 Jan 2013 15:54:31 17,067 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    Liverpool are the biggest club in the PL, says Daniel Sturridge
    I am guessing that the interviewer said, "are you Liverpool the biggest club in the world?". What the hell else is he going to say? No better way to alienate the fans than to say Manchester Utd/City, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea are bigger clubs, regardless of the reality.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Trane 8 Jan 2013 16:06:41 4,052 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Trane wrote:
    Liverpool are the biggest club in the PL, says Daniel Sturridge
    I am guessing that the interviewer said, "are you Liverpool the biggest club in the world?". What the hell else is he going to say? No better way to alienate the fans than to say Manchester Utd/City, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea are bigger clubs, regardless of the reality.
    He was talking to Liverpool's official website apparently.
  • Dougs 8 Jan 2013 16:09:30 67,727 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Even more reason.
  • Trane 8 Jan 2013 16:12:57 4,052 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jup.
  • Shikasama 8 Jan 2013 16:13:29 6,835 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm amazed they didn't ask how great it was to be a black player at Liverpool
  • nickthegun 8 Jan 2013 16:14:43 59,937 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Keeping in with my recent 'allardyce is great' thing, it really is a shame Jaaskelainen never got a 'big' club.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• kalel 8 Jan 2013 16:15:24 87,687 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The whole "biggest club" thing is a nonsense really, but in truth Liverpool still have some claim to that title (although in truth United have a greater claim).
  • Shikasama 8 Jan 2013 16:16:56 6,835 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tedious debate about what makes you a big club hooooooooooo!
  • nickthegun 8 Jan 2013 16:17:57 59,937 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Since football now begins and ends with the formation of the premier league, History FC really need to start winning things again if they are going to keep laying claim to that one.

• kalel 8 Jan 2013 16:22:16 87,687 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They still have an incredible European record regardless of the PL.
  • morriss 8 Jan 2013 16:23:32 70,980 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Article 15 of the Fifa regulations for the "status and transfer of players" states that an "established professional" who has not played in at least 10% of his club's official matches may terminate his contract prematurely.
    So far, Sneijder has played in only five Inter matches this season, which would be well short of the 10% figure if he doesn't play before the end of the season. Losing the player on a free is not something Inter want to countenance.
    Didn't know that.
  • TheSaint 8 Jan 2013 16:24:15 14,397 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Including getting us kicked out.
  • morriss 8 Jan 2013 16:36:43 70,980 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    QPR have shown Kieron Dyer the door. Unfortunately he walked into it and suffered near fatal injuries. #Pray4Dyer

Not that funny, but hey.

Edited by morriss at 16:39:16 08-01-2013
  • nickthegun 8 Jan 2013 16:37:58 59,937 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    'Had' unless brendan gets his finger out.

• SuperCoolEskimo 8 Jan 2013 18:01:02 9,825 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Been a talking point in the Arsenal group recently about how our ticket prices are too high at the moment, which pretty much all of us agree on, but reading this just now did make me laugh:

' Manchester City have returned close to a third of their allocation for Sunday's Premier League match at Arsenal, after supporters balked at the 62 ticket price.

The Premier League champions were given a 3,000 allocation for the fixture but 912 were sent back and are now being sold by Arsenal. The match at the Emirates, which kicks off at 4pm and is live on Sky Sports, is classed as Category A and therefore carries the highest ticket cost for Arsenal's Premier League games. The London club's own supporters have themselves become increasingly vocal about pricing Arsenal's tickets in an equivalent area on Sunday, plus the returned away tickets, will still cost 62.

City have sought to play down the affair and Arsenal insisted they are close to selling out the remaining tickets. Kevin Parker, the general secretary of the Manchester City Supporters Club, said: "It's the most expensive amount I can ever remember paying for a ticket in my life, for a Sunday afternoon game which is live on satellite television.

"And it's not as if finding a television to watch the game on is difficult nowadays. Even if the game wasn't live, to charge 62 to watch it is ridiculous, but to charge that amount when people can see it live on TV is crazy. It just shows football clubs are out of touch with reality.'

Lol! Yeah, don't mention the bit about your club doping itself to the sky on transfer fees and wages, and ignore the wider implications this has for clubs like us trying to keep up, ticket prices being one of them.

And it's no surprise City are playing the episode down, considering they'll have to charge these prices every week if FFP bites hard. :D

Edited by SuperCoolEskimo at 18:03:06 08-01-2013
  • nickthegun 8 Jan 2013 18:04:58 59,937 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its going to take a brave man to go through the previous pages to confirm this but: I think thats the stupidest thing anyone has ever written in this thread

• StarchildHypocrethes 8 Jan 2013 18:06:10 25,868 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DOPING
  • nickthegun 8 Jan 2013 18:07:18 59,937 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DERPING

• SuperCoolEskimo 8 Jan 2013 18:15:26 9,825 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Besides, too fucking right we're charging City that much. It's because of them buying Nasri that we ended up with Gervinho!
  • SuperCoolEskimo 8 Jan 2013 18:16:18 9,825 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Its going to take a brave man to go through the previous pages to confirm this but: I think thats the stupidest thing anyone has ever written in this thread
    Let me guess who you support.
  • nickthegun 8 Jan 2013 18:18:17 59,937 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Go on. I'll even give you three guesses.

• Dougs 8 Jan 2013 18:22:26 67,727 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    We don't have the highest prices to try and keep up though (not directly anyway). It's because we have a new ground in the most expensive city in the country. Plus the Club just see the signs - Money left on the table not to charge that much apparently.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 8 Jan 2013 18:22:28 9,825 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @nickthegun Maybe not! But surely it's obvious that the inflationary effect the likes of City/Chelsea have on the wider market in terms of fees and wages means clubs have to increase revenue to keep up.

And it's also obviously hilarious when City's Supporter's Trust spokesperson accuses another of club of being out of touch with reality.
  • Trowel 8 Jan 2013 18:22:38 17,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    It's not his fault - Citeh's financial doping made him do it.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 8 Jan 2013 18:24:42 9,825 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Dougs We break even now that the property sales have dried up. We'd be making a loss if Arsene wasn't making a profit every summer on player sales.

Still, as we've discussed in the group, prices are too high right now. Especially for Cat A games like City.
  • Dougs 8 Jan 2013 18:26:25 67,727 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh, I know - I get what the club tried to do, introduce a Cat C at 25 lowest price, but in order to not lose revenue, they upped Cat A so it's wildly out of kilter. Hope they look at it again next year, it's crazy.
  • Dougs 8 Jan 2013 18:29:35 67,727 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Don't forget that as of next year, we'll have an extra 50m coming in through improved TV deals and commercial deals. It's getting to the point where gate revenue is entirely secondary, especially the pleb fans.
  • nickthegun 8 Jan 2013 18:30:40 59,937 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I support Derby by the way and, yes, I was just commenting the other day how crazy it was that they doubled to the price of a home game just to keep up with City.

70 quid for a pie and a ticket to watch us play Peterborough? Fucking madness.

• Page

of 5470 First / Last